Walkerville FC's Sportsman's Lunch

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Walkerville FC's Sportsman's Lunch

Postby Fricky » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:55 am

Lads and Laddettes,
The Walkerville Sportsman's lunch is on again \:D/ :partyman: .
This year we have a couple of great speakers so please get in early if you want to book a ticket or a table.
Attachments
wfcsl2015.jpg
wfcsl2015.jpg (231.78 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Re: Walkerville FC's Sportsman's Lunch

Postby Happy Endings » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:26 am

Suri wrote:Lads and Laddettes,
This year we have a couple of great speakers so please get in early if you want to book a ticket or a table.

Is that it :shock: only managed to secure the two greatest players of all time and a four hour drinks package. If there is any way I can get the day off work I will be there. Will be a great day. I have had the absolute honour and pleasure of working with Russell a couple of times in recent years and had Barry as a coach in the juniors. These two men are simply sensational people. Both of them always true gentlemen.

Good luck with the day mate.
Happy Endings
Rookie

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: West Gambier

Postby Fricky » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:11 am

Happy Endings wrote:
Suri wrote:Lads and Laddettes,

Is that it :shock: only managed to secure the two greatest players of all time and a four hour drinks package. If there is any way I can get the day off work I will be there. Will be a great day. I have had the absolute honour and pleasure of working with Russell a couple of times in recent years and had Barry as a coach in the juniors. These two men are simply sensational people. Both of them always true gentlemen.

Good luck with the day mate.

Didnt think i needed to boost up the guest speakers more than they have been over the last 40 years. I havent heard Russell speak so i am really looking forward to listening to his stories. Barrie has generously given his time to the club a few times in the last 10 years and i have heard him speak at other events to, he is a fantastic bloke.

Make sure you can get the day off, along with the 2 best players ever, the 4 hour drink package and 3 course meal, there will also be some quality auctions items you can take home as presents for your missus :lol: .
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby jo172 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:14 am

Wasn't Barrie a long time junior coach at Walkies (especially while his sons went through)?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Fricky » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:36 am

jo172 wrote:Wasn't Barrie a long time junior coach at Walkies (especially while his sons went through)?

Correct. Barrie also played senior footy at Walkerville in 1983, i believe it was his last year of playing. He's since been a great supporter of the club
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Happy Endings » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:13 pm

jo172 wrote:Wasn't Barrie a long time junior coach at Walkies (especially while his sons went through)?

Coached the Norwood under 15s in 89 that much I know for certain. He used to call me "Tige" and always had time for me ever since. Cant speak highly enough about the great man.
Happy Endings
Rookie

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: West Gambier

Postby Fricky » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:34 pm

85 of the 120 tickets available have been sold. If you are thinking about coming make sure you get on board so you don't miss out seeing these two legends
Attachments
Ebert and Robran.png
Ebert and Robran.png (357.18 KiB) Viewed 2949 times
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Fricky » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:59 pm

The Club's Sportsman's Lunch is on again this year with two very good speakers.

Sportsman.png
Sportsman.png (450.75 KiB) Viewed 2773 times

Julian Burton is an ex-Sturt player and a survivor of the 2002 Bali bombings. Combining an academic background in education, sports psychology, journalism and public relations, Julian's story is about moving beyond fear and accomplishing goals. In March 2003, he, along with Dr John Greenwood (Director) and Ms Shiela Kavanagh CNC of the Royal Adelaide Hospital Burns Unit, co-founded the Julian Burton Burns Trust to make a difference for burns survivors, their families, and the professionals who work in burns care. The Julian Burton Burns Trust is the first national community organisation solely committed to prevention, care and research associated with burn injuries. In November 2009, Julian Burton's achievements were recognised when he was named the South Australian of the Year 2010.

Neil Balme is a person whose experience across football is unlike many others. Neil's time in football includes playing, coaching and managing football at the highest level of this great game. Neil has experienced the success as a player (2 x Richmond Premierships), coach (2 x Norwood Premierships) and Football Manager (3 x Geelong Premierships) and is a Hall of Fame Member at both Richmond and Norwood. To listen to Neil speak about his experiences through football across 40+ years will make for a great afternoon.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Fricky » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:35 pm

Tables are filling up so make sure you book your ticket if you're keen to come along and have a great afternoon hearing two great guest speakers tell their stories.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Fricky » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:05 pm

Still some spots available for the Luncheon next week. Send an email to jfrick@centacare.org.au if you're keen on a ticket to hear Julian Burton and Neil Balme
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Fricky » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:23 pm

Jump on board again, it's always a good day at the club
Attachments
FB_IMG_1499309523479.jpg
FB_IMG_1499309523479.jpg (79.12 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Fricky » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:50 pm

Its back on again people. Contact the club to book your table to hear from Crows great Tony Modra, Crows dual premiership player Kym Koster and Racing.com's James Jordan.

lunch.png
lunch.png (753.83 KiB) Viewed 2283 times
Fricky
League - Best 21

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League