R10 West v Port @ Richmond

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R10 West v Port @ Richmond

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:23 pm

Now, Theri, please.

The 2,159 that attended City Mazda Stadium at Richmond yesterday for the West v Port match were treated to an unusual sight, an IGA League team taking its half time break on the field.

Rather than use the visitors changerooms supplied, the Port Magpies decided to set up camp on the oval on the south west half forward flank just next to the mini league game, an area normally reserved for kids & parents to have a kick and catch.

From all appearances it looked like this move came with no warning to SANFL or Bloods officials as no security was provided for the huddle as it is at the quarter time and three quarter time breaks.

Luckily there proved enough room for everyone to co-exist on the oval. There were no wayward footballs from the public finding their way into the huddle nor did any West supporters decide to get up close to the address.

So our very own Phil H has said that everyone had enough room to co-exist. Can we all move on?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10777 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:25 pm

mal wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
blood bath wrote:Tuck and Green late omissions for west, joining Nelson and Ezard as outs from last week.
Johnson and Hampton to debut with Newell playing his first game for the year

Must be missing at least 12 first choice players today

Port have at least 22 first choice players missing every week

Why do you bother posting in SANFL discussion?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:28 pm

Booney wrote:Now, Theri, please.

The 2,159 that attended City Mazda Stadium at Richmond yesterday for the West v Port match were treated to an unusual sight, an IGA League team taking its half time break on the field.

Rather than use the visitors changerooms supplied, the Port Magpies decided to set up camp on the oval on the south west half forward flank just next to the mini league game, an area normally reserved for kids & parents to have a kick and catch.

From all appearances it looked like this move came with no warning to SANFL or Bloods officials as no security was provided for the huddle as it is at the quarter time and three quarter time breaks.

Luckily there proved enough room for everyone to co-exist on the oval. There were no wayward footballs from the public finding their way into the huddle nor did any West supporters decide to get up close to the address.

So our very own Phil H has said that everyone had enough room to co-exist. Can we all move on?

No, I am enjoying this too much for that. :lol:
Okay ill go now.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:29 pm

Won't somebody please think of the children!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:31 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Booney wrote:Now, Theri, please.

No, I am enjoying this too much for that. :lol:
Okay ill go now.

Now if I can just get this barbed hook out of my top lip..... :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:33 pm

It makes perfect sense.
Power A Grade go into change rooms at half time and lose second half to Geelong.
Power B Grade try opposite and win.
Next round if the A Grade loses again the B grade will try playing on unicycles wearing pink hats.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:45 pm

Wedgie wrote:It makes perfect sense.
Power A Grade go into change rooms at half time and lose second half to Geelong.
Next round if the A Grade loses again the B grade will try playing on unicycles wearing pink hats.

Now I see why you're confused with teal and turquoise. It's MAGENTA not PINK! :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:51 pm

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:It makes perfect sense.

Now I see why you're confused with teal and turquoise. It's MAGENTA not PINK! :D

The old now defunct Port wore magenta but also wore rose pink, they seemed to forget about that one in their retro guernseys
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby UK Fan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:21 pm

BBBWAHHH!!!!! Making Trigg's bluff to go to ammos even more laughable.

Enjoy the away change rooms at Salisbury North if you think Richmond's are to small.

:-)

BTW you seen the away change rooms at Alberton.

Tiny!!!!
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:58 pm

Bet they would have braved the change rooms if it was raining.

Poor old Port. Will they be allowed to use tarps at Adelaide Oval in a few years or request a new oval. ?
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:23 pm

I hate Port as much if not more than the next bloke but who really cares what they did at halftime. They can stand on the hill and have a couple of beers for all I care. Surely it's up to them what they do during the breaks. Teams have trained during breaks.

Some people are way too precious
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:28 pm

Brodlach wrote:I hate Port as much if not more than the next bloke but who really cares what they did at halftime. They can stand on the hill and have a couple of beers for all I care. Surely it's up to them what they do during the breaks. Teams have trained during breaks.

Seemingly, no. Good to see some much needed common sense mate, thanks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:01 pm

Brodlach wrote:I hate Port as much if not more than the next bloke but who really cares what they did at halftime. They can stand on the hill and have a couple of beers for all I care. Surely it's up to them what they do during the breaks. Teams have trained during breaks.

Considering all the things of consequence that they do get away with, I'll quite happily hang shit on them for their trivial actions also.
Lighten up dude, they did something dumb that didn't really affect anyone ,let's get stuck into them and enjoy it.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:08 pm

Booney wrote:

Please ensure you stop slinging shit at Glenelg and other clubs if you don't expect it back, my friend. ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:26 pm

therisingblues wrote:

Considering all the things of consequence that they do get away with, I'll quite happily hang shit on them for their trivial actions also.
Lighten up dude, they did something dumb that didn't really affect anyone ,let's get stuck into them and enjoy it.

What dumb thing did they do? They do it again this weekend and play as well as they did after halftime like they did against West and more clubs might think about doing it ;)

How about talking footy rather than crap
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Maybe Whiskas just wanted to show people the scoreboard but that's unlikely as he normally does that in trial games.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:48 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Booney wrote:

Please ensure you stop slinging shit at Glenelg and other clubs if you don't expect it back, my friend. ;)

It's like building any good innings. You need to know when to get on the front foot ( or go to cow corner ) and when to shut up shop and defend. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:35 pm

Booney wrote:Why do you bother posting in SANFL discussion?

Some might ask the same of those who follow an AFL reserves team.

Not me though, I'm zen about it.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:37 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
Booney wrote:Why do you bother posting in SANFL discussion?

Some might ask the same of those who follow an AFL reserves team.

Not me though, I'm zen about it.

Absolutely you are. You ask exactly that question now and zen.

Nobody listens any more zough.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:52 pm

Put it another way, wins against the team called Port mean f all now. I'd take one win over the Eagles against twenty against Port in a heartbeat.

A bit like the Port hierachy happily swapping a Magpies flag for any kind of minor round Power win I guess.

Which btw, I don't blame them for one little bit. Who gives a rats about the reserves after all?
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL