3%
Salisbury North
9%
Tea Tree Gully
5%

Total votes : 75

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

Postby Q. » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:29 pm

What was the result in the Clint Dow Cup?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:59 pm

Q. wrote:What was the result in the Clint Dow Cup?

Payneham were up by 6 goals in 2nd qtr. TTG fought back and hit front in last qtr, but Payneham too strong by about 4 goals in the end.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby jo172 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:11 am

Meeting was held, now the Dan Hannah cup.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Happy Endings » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:17 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Payneham were up by 6 goals in 2nd qtr. TTG fought back and hit front in last qtr, but Payneham too strong by about 4 goals in the end.

I was thinking about Paul "Chachi" Lowe when I made love to my wife last night after that last quarter performance. As we left the 3/4 time huddle he actually said to me he was good for a couple in the final stanza. Game breaking effort to a titanic game that could have gone either way.

Pretty amazing game and the biggest minor round SAAFL crowd I have seen or heard of since the glory days 15 years ago when Kilburn and Broadies would lock horns. Wouldn't surprise me if there was 1,500 plus

Huge respect to the Gullies as well for giving the PNU club hierarchy and players beer vouchers. I got dragged away from their club probably an hour after the final siren and the club rooms were still full of members from both clubs mixing and having a beer together after a tough contest. Great gesture and good for GrassRoots footy.
Happy Endings
Rookie

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: West Gambier

Postby marbles » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:39 pm

jo172 wrote:

Meeting was held, now the Dan Hannah cup.

Nah man
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby jo172 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:16 pm

Massive turnaround for Portland after last week's big win. Just get up for the derby or missing a few?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Happy Endings » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:34 pm

jo172 wrote:Massive turnaround for Portland after last week's big win. Just get up for the derby or missing a few?

Still have 8-10 out and they always get up for their derby
Happy Endings
Rookie

Postby bloke » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:21 pm

Happy Endings wrote:
jo172 wrote:Massive turnaround for Portland after last week's big win. Just get up for the derby or missing a few?

Still have 8-10 out and they always get up for their derby

From all reports only had 16 boys on the field for the last 15 minutes of the fourth quarter with one or two more injured boys sitting in the goalsquare struggling to.
BRING BACK THE TAPEROO FOOTY CLUB
bloke
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby absolutebath » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:48 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Wow PNU certainly one of the surprise packets of the SAAFL this season. Once next round is done we will have a top team (Goodwood/PNU) followed by a very competitive 5-6 teams. I know it's cliche, but anyone can beat anyone on their day in this exciting division.
From the games I have managed to watch, I would say everyone from Districts up could play off in the grand final. It is THAT tight this year!
absolutebath
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Happy Endings » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:47 pm

absolutebath wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Wow PNU certainly one of the surprise packets of the SAAFL this season. Once next round is done we will have a top team (Goodwood/PNU) followed by a very competitive 5-6 teams. I know it's cliche, but anyone can beat anyone on their day in this exciting division.
From the games I have managed to watch, I would say everyone from Districts up could play off in the grand final. It is THAT tight this year!

Yeah but your blind when you watch mate ;)
Happy Endings
Rookie

Postby jo172 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:57 am

Goodwood Saints Yorke Peninsula Football League Tuck, Shane Pending 2015-06-15

One-off celebrity appearance?

Not the worst week for it to happen in any event :lol:
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:45 pm

absolutebath wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Agree completely. Big Milne has been influential in the falcons winning streak but the core group that has won premierships the last couple years has only improved again this year. Small forward Paul Lowe was magnificent on the weekend, 4 very special last quarter goals. This week will be huge. Don't think the falcons have ever won at Goodwood. No doubt the falcons will go in underdogs but surely they have proved by now they can match it with anyone. Will be an absolute cracker this weekend.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby jo172 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:02 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
absolutebath wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Agree completely. Big Milne has been influential in the falcons winning streak but the core group that has won premierships the last couple years has only improved again this year. Small forward Paul Lowe was magnificent on the weekend, 4 very special last quarter goals. This week will be huge. Don't think the falcons have ever won at Goodwood. No doubt the falcons will go in underdogs but surely they have proved by now they can match it with anyone. Will be an absolute cracker this weekend.

Bullshit. Won the last game they played there.

(and what a glorious day it was @bird of prey and @the milky bar kid)
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby the milky bar kid » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:30 pm

jo172 wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Agree completely. Big Milne has been influential in the falcons winning streak but the core group that has won premierships the last couple years has only improved again this year. Small forward Paul Lowe was magnificent on the weekend, 4 very special last quarter goals. This week will be huge. Don't think the falcons have ever won at Goodwood. No doubt the falcons will go in underdogs but surely they have proved by now they can match it with anyone. Will be an absolute cracker this weekend.

Haha, for sure! :D
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Happy Endings » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:11 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Agree completely. Big Milne has been influential in the falcons winning streak but the core group that has won premierships the last couple years has only improved again this year. Small forward Paul Lowe was magnificent on the weekend, 4 very special last quarter goals. This week will be huge. Don't think the falcons have ever won at Goodwood. No doubt the falcons will go in underdogs but surely they have proved by now they can match it with anyone. Will be an absolute cracker this weekend.

It's a day I will never forget. I remember standing with the late Benny Saville (R.I.P) behind the goals aligned with Tyson Radetti who lined up on tight angle 20m out with a shot after the siren for the win. It was an incredible and somewhat euphoric finish to an incredibly shit season as that goal saw us go 2-16 and back to Div 2 a year after arriving.

It's the horror of our first div one appearance that taught us so much and is helping me appreciate the efforts of this years group.

Should be an absolute cracker this Saturday. Hopefully another sea sawing tight contest.
Happy Endings
Rookie

Postby jo172 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:26 pm

And Goodwood continue to set the standard. Just to change it up from the last 15 years!
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Happy Endings » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:36 pm

jo172 wrote:And Goodwood continue to set the standard. Just to change it up from the last 15 years!

10 years mate. The splinters you got on your ass today have effected your thought process. ;) The 5 in a row started in 2005.
Happy Endings
Rookie

Postby bird of prey » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:35 pm

Happy Endings wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:
jo172 wrote:

It's a day I will never forget. I remember standing with the late Benny Saville (R.I.P) behind the goals aligned with Tyson Radetti who lined up on tight angle 20m out with a shot after the siren for the win. It was an incredible and somewhat euphoric finish to an incredibly shit season as that goal saw us go 2-16 and back to Div 2 a year after arriving.

It's the horror of our first div one appearance that taught us so much and is helping me appreciate the efforts of this years group.

Should be an absolute cracker this Saturday. Hopefully another sea sawing tight contest.

:lol: I had to comment on this.
That was the most incredible game that day. We had won one game until then, had a completely undermanned side (jolly and a couple of others didn't play), and Goodwood were looking to stitch up a home final for the next week.
The funniest part was that when my bro took the shot after the siren, he wasn't wearing his contact lenses. So he couldn't see the score board, and thought it was actually a draw, not that we were down by 1-2 points. It worked in our favour, as it took all the pressure off from his kick, and he nailed it through the middle (a touch wobbly though )
Even remember Dempsey doing cartwheels on the mark to try and put him off. Priceless. Gave salis nth the home final the next week as a result.
Great finish to a terrible season.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:51 pm

Great win by gullies over saints.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times