HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby cracka » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:32 pm

Onkas finally get a win for season 2015.
Onkas 17.16 def Mt Lofty 9.9
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby chopper7 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:50 pm

Lobethal winners by 120 points over Uris today! Unbelievable scenes at Tigerland
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby rock » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Massive error in the Ironbank v Hahndorf game today by the Field Umpire in the final quarter. He yellow carded a Hahndorf player for misconduct and sent that player from the field. He then advised the Timekeepers the player could return to the field after only 10 minutes not the required 15 minutes flat time all unbeknowns to Ironbank until that player returned to the field after 10 min and immediately kicked a goal. Ironbank were only 3 pts down at this stage and had momentum. Hahndorf went on to kick a couple more goals during this period that player should've still been sitting on the sidelines. A bit of a blame game between Field Umps and Timekeepers after the game which got rather heated. The end result the Field Ump put his hand up and admitted he made a big mistake. An official complaint is being lodged I'm told. Perhaps some of theses Umpires need to read their rule books from time to time.
rock
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Keefy » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:50 pm

Umps were pretty quick on dishing out 50m penalties for any sort of back chat during the game too
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby cracka » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:57 am

chopper7 wrote:Lobethal winners by 120 points over Uris today! Unbelievable scenes at Tigerland

Bloody hell. Was it just one of those games where everything went right for Loby. Wonder when the last time Urlist by more than 100 points if it's ever happened at all.
How is the kid who got air lifted to hospital.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:59 am

rock wrote:Massive error in the Ironbank v Hahndorf game today by the Field Umpire in the final quarter. He yellow carded a Hahndorf player for misconduct and sent that player from the field. He then advised the Timekeepers the player could return to the field after only 10 minutes not the required 15 minutes flat time all unbeknowns to Ironbank until that player returned to the field after 10 min and immediately kicked a goal. Ironbank were only 3 pts down at this stage and had momentum. Hahndorf went on to kick a couple more goals during this period that player should've still been sitting on the sidelines. A bit of a blame game between Field Umps and Timekeepers after the game which got rather heated. The end result the Field Ump put his hand up and admitted he made a big mistake. An official complaint is being lodged I'm told. Perhaps some of theses Umpires need to read their rule books from time to time.

What's that rule. I thought it was always only 10 minutes of actual game time off.
cracka
Veteran

Postby rock » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:12 am

10 min in all the other grades but it has always been 15 min in the A grade. I think it comes under 15.1 of the By Laws
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Gilligan » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm

rock wrote:10 min in all the other grades but it has always been 15 min in the A grade. I think it comes under 15.1 of the By Laws

I reckon in every other league around Australia where red and yellow cards are used the yellow is a 10 minute send off , so could see why umpire may have got it wrong . Why would an association have different times for yellow card for different grades ? should be same penalty for all grades . Can yellow carded player be replaced in Hills league , as most other leagues I have been involved with the player can be replaced immediatly just that player has to sit put 10 mins playing time
Sometimes the old guys do know whats best
Gilligan
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby cracka » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:23 pm

Gilligan wrote:
rock wrote:10 min in all the other grades but it has always been 15 min in the A grade. I think it comes under 15.1 of the By Laws

I reckon in every other league around Australia where red and yellow cards are used the yellow is a 10 minute send off , so could see why umpire may have got it wrong . Why would an association have different times for yellow card for different grades ? should be same penalty for all grades . Can yellow carded player be replaced in Hills league , as most other leagues I have been involved with the player can be replaced immediatly just that player has to sit put 10 mins playing time

No, player can't be replaced until 10 mins is up, Yellow carded player is allowed to finish game after the 10 minutes. Red carded players take no further part in game. Pretty sure all leagues play it this way.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Gilligan » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:01 pm

cracka wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

No, player can't be replaced until 10 mins is up, Yellow carded player is allowed to finish game after the 10 minutes. Red carded players take no further part in game. Pretty sure all leagues play it this way.

Pretty sure Barossa Light and Gawler league is yellow carded player can be replaced immediatly and can come back on after 10 mins playing time has elapsed and a red carded player takes no further part in the game but cannot be replaced on playing field until 10 minutes playing time has elapsed but this maybe incorrect would need to try and confirm with someone with direct club ties.

Personally believe players should be able to be replaced as if you wanted to you could send someone out to bait the oppostion's best players and when they bite they get sent off for 10 minutes thus you could use this as a tactical advantage in a close game . Last season saw a full forward get sent off for throwing full back ot of a marking contest as the umpire in charge declared it a forceful act , crowd from both sides were absolutly amazed
Sometimes the old guys do know whats best
Gilligan
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:26 pm

Gilligan wrote:Personally believe players should be able to be replaced as if you wanted to you could send someone out to bait the oppostion's best players and when they bite they get sent off for 10 minutes thus you could use this as a tactical advantage in a close game .

Completely valid strategy, should not protect stupidity
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Panther32 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:53 pm

cracka wrote:Was just looking in the clearances thread & saw this.

-Echunga Football Club Adelaide Football League (SAAFL) Bassani, Lindsay Pending 2015-06-12

WTF

Was helping out a mates club in C grade who was short on players.
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby cracka » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:07 pm

Panther32 wrote:
cracka wrote:Was just looking in the clearances thread & saw this.

-Echunga Football Club Adelaide Football League (SAAFL) Bassani, Lindsay Pending 2015-06-12

WTF

Was helping out a mates club in C grade who was short on players.

Good on him. I think there are a few apologies that need to be sent to him & Echunga from some forum posters for false rumours posted. supercoach, hasbeen & a couple of others wasn't it.
cracka
Veteran

Postby chopper7 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:29 pm

cracka wrote:
chopper7 wrote:Lobethal winners by 120 points over Uris today! Unbelievable scenes at Tigerland

Bloody hell. Was it just one of those games where everything went right for Loby. Wonder when the last time Urlist by more than 100 points if it's ever happened at all.
How is the kid who got air lifted to hospital.

The tigers just played how I think they know they can! Uris just couldn't keep up with them. Lobethal kicked 9 goals in the first 12 mins of the last 1/4 the footy was just moved that quickly. Now it is just a matter of putting a few wins in a row and getting some consistency. Big game against Echunga this week at Loby, assuming Carey will be an out for the crows and also heard Lindsey has jagged a hammy an will miss as well.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:30 pm

Big Second half of the year begins this week, should be a cracker.

Blackwood V Lofty- Lofty would of been shattered after last weekend's performance and will want to bounce back, whilst the Woodies scrapped by the Roos for a big win. Lofty continue to rely on too few as shown by Burch, Miles and Nielsen being there best players again last week. It's time for some others to step up on a consistent basis or their in for a long 9 weeks. For the Woodies getting Bricknell and Dundovic back last week is important, Dundovic would be excited to play lofty again after what he did in round 1 also. Ridley is in fine form with another BOG last week and Herbert will give him and Edwards first use of the footy again this week. The Woods have to many good players for the Devs but I expect lofty to fight after last weeks poor performance. The woodies by 3 goals.
Torrens V Hahndorf- Amazing first half of the year performance by both sides leads to this being the Courier cup game (Who would of tipped that earlier in the year). Having seen the Dorf last week they are an impressive young side, they will miss Handby and Wittwer this week but should get back Purling and Matt Roberts. Hourigan is one of the best players in the Comp and should of kicked 10 last week, Young Male dominated of half back and Captain Tripodi is fantastic in the middle. A key question is will TV get back Renshaw and O'Sullivan as they are instrumental to their side, In particular Renshaw holds together their defense as shown by the goals they gave up last week. Roberts may be to good in the ruck for Watchel but Hunter, Eichner and Hanna have been very hard to stop in the middle and their battle with Tripodi, Paul and Hankin will fascinating. Purling will have a key job on Boras who is in serious form after bagging 10 last week but Purling is the best defender in the Comp so should be a great contest. WIthout Renshaw and O'Sullivan have to tip Hahndorf by 2 goals but with them TV by 3 goals.
Ironbank V Onkas- Onkas broke their duck last week with a convincing win over lofty and will be full of confidence compare that to the Bankers who let one slip after dominating the first quarter and a half before poor discipline cost them big time against the Dorf. The return of Kain was huge for Onkas as he bagged 6, Whilst Friend played his best game of the year and Hausler is also hitting top form. If Tanner and Grocke return this week Onkas should have their best side for the year and Mcgoo would be excited by the possibility to take the scalp of his former side. Last time these teams met, Motlop and De Visser caused big issues for the Dogs and I expect that will happen again this week. Muirden, Tags and Thomas were all very good last week but little errors from all players were costly and need to be erased. Bankers cant afford to lose or they basically say farewell to finals so it's a big day for them. Ironbank By 4 goals.
Barker v Uraidla- Well I dont know what to say, We know Lobe are good but Uraidla must of have had a shocker to lose by that much. It's hard to fathom that team losing by so much but it does show their weakness to good running sides on big decks. Barker almost beat the Woods but it would of been pleasing in a way as it shows their improving and their last 2 weeks have been quite good and I expect them to start winning games soon. Uris missed Delvins last week and I heard they got a few injuries to key players on the weekend so if they all miss this week Barker are a good chance. Block and Johnson returned last weekend which certainly helps the Roos and Hughes dominated in the middle as he always does. Down should dominate the ruck contest and give Mclean and Co first use but surely Barker will try and run the Dees of their feet on a nice sunny day as it's their only chance. I cant see Uris losing this as they will be fuming after last week but will be interesting to see. Uris by 5 goals.
Lobethal V Echunga- Lobe will be full of confidence after one hell of a win last weekend, Whilst Echunga also had a good win over the then leauge leaders TV. Carey and Lindsay are to incredibly big outs for the Dees as they are two of their best 5 players, In particular Carey appeared to dominate last weekend. Harland is in fine form after bagging 8 last week and Cranna returning after his week absence was also key as he gives first use to Edwards, Jennings and Co. I expect Cranna to beat Luccon in the ruck but Luccon is hitting some good form and their midfield of Bampton, Baust and Co were at their very devastating best last weekend. MIdfield battle will be the key as whoever gives their forwards the most chances will win this game as both teams have some very talented players up forward. Should be an exciting game on a nice day on the big deck of Lobe as the two best running sides go head to head. Lobe at home, with Carey and Linsday out by 4 goals.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby lovethefooty » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:39 am

good stuff caped crusader
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby always there » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Echunga supporters do not do their club any favours....
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby The Sorce » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:31 pm

Celebrate a win did they????? How dare they!!!!!
Country Division
The Sorce
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby lovethefooty » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:59 pm

Did I hear right........Hahndorf win the courier cup????
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Sniper » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:26 pm

lovethefooty wrote:Did I hear right........Hahndorf win the courier cup????

TV started strong in the 1st qtr with Hahndorf fighting back in the 2nd with only 6pts in it at 1/2 time. Second half was good old tough footy with Hahndorf leading by 4 pts. Hourighan was a good focal point for Hahndorf with the no 20 Roberts taking strong marks around the ground. TV missed targets and Hahndorf pushed out to lead by 7pts with Hourigan lining up for another when the siren sounded.. Tripodi and Paul good for Hahndorf with Montgomery very good for TV.
Sniper
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy