Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:11 pm

Parks 13.11 to 4.1, 3 qtr time. Time to bring it home. :supz:
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:54 pm

Mitchell Park 14.12 St Pauls 4.2 and that's a wrap! :D
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:49 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:Mitchell Park 14.12 St Pauls 4.2 and that's a wrap! :D

Wowee, that's a massive upset. Congratulations Parks.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:59 pm

crabman wrote:
Q. wrote:Angle Vale b-grade umpire up to the same old tricks again, how is this bloke still able to umpire?!

whats he look like? I reckon we had a different umpire who may have done his first game last week, older guy maybe late 30's to 40's. Wasn't too bad but we had a first gamer and they struggled to control it at sometimes when it got heated.

Their goal umpire (young lad) also crumbled to pressure from their players. Had one play where the ball has straddled/crossed the line and he's signaled a point so we've gone to set up for a kick in while one of their blokes comes in picks it up and kicks a goal to which he now signals a goal and claims he never signaled a behind. Probably lost 3 minutes in play arguing about it, but umpires handled it after a chat and our boundary ump saw it and talked with umpires. Was called a point in the end.

We had the young fella. Tried to call a head count after the final siren and have our score wiped, until I walked over and pointed out that's not the rule anymore. One of their players piped up "yeah it is, we did it to Mitchell Park!". I chuckled.
Q.
Coach

Postby BZB27 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:22 pm

Looks like div 7 is starting to tighten up. Def looks like Flinders Uni have improved alot and things must be gelling out at the Den. Might be a wake up call for St Pauls after the way they acted last week.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby adr107 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:02 am

BZB27 wrote:Looks like div 7 is starting to tighten up. Def looks like Flinders Uni have improved alot and things must be gelling out at the Den. Might be a wake up call for St Pauls after the way they acted last week.

Still hungover after a bigggg day getting lippy on the tins? Lol.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby crabman » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:45 am

fisho mcspaz wrote:Parks 8.9 to 3.1 half time. Much better use of the ball. Umpires the best I've seen all year.

I stopped by for the final quarter and a bit maybe after preso's just to kill sometime before other plans and I though from my position the older umpire was horrible. Lazy on the throw ups (instead of throwing it straight up, would throw it away from the contest so he didn't have to back away from his toss), lazy getting the ball if a players thrown it to him and he's dropped it, number of calls he was blatantly out of position to make or missed by being out of position. Only benefit is it seemed to be going both ways.
crabman
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:07 am

Yeah, I take back what I said about the umpires being good, because they went to absolute pigs and whistles in the second half. We usually get umpires who blow the whistle every time there's a contested ball regardless of what happens, so if you're not playing in front you'll get done for a push in the back. In short, you make physical contact, the whistle blows. Anyway, for the first half last night, the umps were being remarkably restrained on that front, so both sides got to have a good crack at each other. In the second half, they started paying weird frees - like, they'd call holding the man if someone fell over. And apparently it's OK to tackle below the knee. :shock: Reckon the ancient bloke with the visor might have stayed up past his bedtime because by the last quarter he was struggling badly. Still, I'm getting used to what passes for umpiring in div 7 and these guys were nowhere near as bad as the ones who umpired our game at Houghton. And it was still a very enjoyable game to watch. ;)
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:31 am

You complain about our umpires a lot Fisho.
Q.
Coach

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:42 pm

Q. wrote:You complain about our umpires a lot Fisho.

Imagine you get a ticket to a dancing alpaca show. (I don't know if this is plausible; I'm not an alpaca farmer.) You would go there expecting dancing alpacas. If they're not feeling the rhythm, that's fine. This is like a div 7 dancing alpaca show and the choreographers are not miracle workers. But if they are herding the alpacas all together and letting them get their necks tangled and bite chunks out of each other, that's cause for complaint.

That was a terrible analogy but what I'm getting at is that the umpires have a duty of care towards the players which is often sadly lacking. :?

But you're right, Q. I do complain about them a lot. I'll try and keep a lid on it in future. :)
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby morell » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:04 pm

Q. wrote:We had the young fella. Tried to call a head count after the final siren and have our score wiped, until I walked over and pointed out that's not the rule anymore. One of their players piped up "yeah it is, we did it to Mitchell Park!". I chuckled.
You can't be serious. You're pulling my leg
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:13 pm

morell wrote:
Q. wrote:We had the young fella. Tried to call a head count after the final siren and have our score wiped, until I walked over and pointed out that's not the rule anymore. One of their players piped up "yeah it is, we did it to Mitchell Park!". I chuckled.

it went down hill when his daddy got sent off lol

the ruckmen for angle vale was very good today kept them in the game for a long time didnt help we spotted him up 15-20 times :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Q. » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:21 pm

morell wrote:

Not joking. I explained the new rule, hopefully he remembers.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:02 pm

So what was the secret behind keeping St Paul's to their lowest score for the year?
Q.
Coach

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:35 pm

Q. wrote:So what was the secret behind keeping St Paul's to their lowest score for the year?

Here's my take - football is as psychological a game as it is physical. When you've got a lot of new players it takes a few weeks to settle down and get used to playing as a team. That's to be expected. But you've also got to have the confidence to go out and win. I reckon as early as our last game against Angle Vale - round 6 or thereabouts - we had the skills to beat them, but not the confidence. You would've seen our brainfade in the third quarter against Houghton - there was no reasonable explanation for that, especially after such a competitive first half. Then we got pumped by Adelaide Uni in the wet. But the Flinders game - one which we expected to win - restored the confidence that's been missing, and I think that's what's turned things around for us in the past few weeks. I saw it again the following week against Salisbury West, and again last night. Without being biased (I hope), skillswise I think Mitchell Park is good enough to match it with any team in div 7 at the moment. But confidence determines a large part of how we play on the day.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby morell » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:37 pm

Q. wrote:So what was the secret behind keeping St Paul's to their lowest score for the year?
The inspiration of watching the defensive genius of the reserves beforehand.
morell
Coach

Postby smdo33 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:49 pm

Rumours have it scotty cummings was seen giving the magoos a hand in thr coaches box
smdo33
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: East Gambier

Postby Yank Man » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:58 pm

morell wrote:
The inspiration of watching the defensive genius of the reserves beforehand.

More like the midfield genius who in working with the mids to stop supply.

On a serious note give it a rest fisho, we were in elite company last night with the doyen of umpiring Mr Barry Lewis officiating, I thought they were very good given the amount of pressure around the contests and strong tackling. Thanks to the St Paul's club for agreeing to play under lights which brought out a really good crowd. I feel a bit for them coming off the June bye followed by a bye then facing an in form MP. They now get another bye then an improving Flinders. To answer your question Q it's pretty hard scoring goals when you push 15 back inside your oppositions 50 leaving 5 or 6 opponents setting up in the middle and not being checked. Found that a bit odd considering they are such a young hard running team. :roll:
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby morell » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:38 pm

smdo33 wrote:Rumours have it scotty cummings was seen giving the magoos a hand in thr coaches box
:lol: :lol:

Well done on working out how to register an account ya pelican!
morell
Coach

Postby crabman » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:03 pm

MP's pressure was incredible on Saturday night, running in numbers hitting harder and best long penetrating kicks I've seen in a while. I think a lot of St. Paul's guys were frustrated with themselves by the end which led to witnessing a first for me when one of St. Paul's guys with 5-8 minutes to go comes to the bench, climbs the fence takes his guernsey off and walks away down the street, think he was just coming back when the siren went.
crabman
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League