HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby always there » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:40 am

The Sorce wrote:Celebrate a win did they????? How dare they!!!!!

Unless they were celebrating at half time, nope. Fowl language and totally inappropriate personal remarks constantly towards the opposition, not what we go to football to hear. Such a pity it can ruin a good game of footy.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby running defender » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:29 pm

How dare we cheer on our players and give the other team a bit of curry. Great game of footy with our young backline holding up well 4 of our back six out , plus Cranna , Lynsay, Carey and miller not out there. Bassini had a good day in the box shuting down loby's run and carry making them turn the ball over. Well done boys .
running defender
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby lovethefooty » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:41 pm

good summative sniper....sounds like both teams had opportunities.

do people agree that both TV and Hahndorf are going to be there when the whips are cracking???
who are the others, or is the picture still murky?
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby chopper7 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:48 pm

Running Defender you could be odds on to fill the role as caretaker coach. Would suit you perfectly with the amount of rubbish you talk and you'd have no issue seeing the game from standing inside the Goal square all day as you do!

I wonder if the Hills will look into the dodgy payments that occurred over their flag winning years.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Rubber Chest » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:53 pm

lovethefooty wrote:good summative sniper....sounds like both teams had opportunities.

do people agree that both TV and Hahndorf are going to be there when the whips are cracking???

The competition is a cracker! Lobethal beat a top three team by 100+ points one week, drop out of the five the next. It looks to be a seven horse race!!
Rubber Chest
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:47 am

Hi guys

Clearly there's something going on in the courts here so on behalf of the mods can we please cease any discussion as it really has nothing to do with football and anything not factual could result in the you and the site being sued.

Thanks for your co-operation

Cheers
FC
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Armytank » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:05 am

Well, it allegedly may have more to do with football than you think FC but I understand the need to be careful here
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby lovethefooty » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:58 am

any early tips for the medal???

as far as Hahndorf is concerned scott paul and darcy hourigan must be polling well.

I saw Echunga play and pete Lindsay was outstanding, I am sure he must be polling.
and Thompson from Blackwood was outstanding the day I saw him too.
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby batmanbegins » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:13 pm

lovethefooty wrote:any early tips for the medal???

as far as Hahndorf is concerned scott paul and darcy hourigan must be polling well.

I saw Echunga play and pete Lindsay was outstanding, I am sure he must be polling.

I thought Lindsay would win it last year but he only polled 6 votes couldn't believe it. Tim Jenkins always polls well for Lobe, Jennings from echunga has been very good and probably Hitchcock would poll well for us.
Thompson would be close to Favourite he's been fantastic and Paul for you guys has been consistently good.

lovethefooty wrote:good summative sniper....sounds like both teams had opportunities.

It's a cracking season I think any of the top 7 could win on their day, My tip probably would still be echunga but Hahndorf have been superb as have TV. I don't think Uri's will win it but you never know and it's crazy that Lobethal aren't even in the 5. Blackwood have gone unnoticed this year but are playing really solid football. Going to be a fascinating final 8 rounds. Wouldn't surprise me if Barker cause a few upsets on the way home also.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby TheBull » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:26 pm

batmanbegins wrote:

I thought Lindsay would win it last year but he only polled 6 votes couldn't believe it. Tim Jenkins always polls well for Lobe, Jennings from echunga has been very good and probably Hitchcock would poll well for us.
Thompson would be close to Favourite he's been fantastic and Paul for you guys has been consistently good.

It's a cracking season I think any of the top 7 could win on their day, My tip probably would still be echunga but Hahndorf have been superb as have TV. I don't think Uri's will win it but you never know and it's crazy that Lobethal aren't even in the 5. Blackwood have gone unnoticed this year but are playing really solid football. Going to be a fascinating final 8 rounds. Wouldn't surprise me if Barker cause a few upsets on the way home also.

Echunga are still favourites in my eyes. Not sure what happens with Carey at the end of the season, he seems to be in the crows best squad very easily at the moment. Echunga have a few injuries and as long as they can get themselves to the top 3 they will make the Grand Final. Torrens Valley 2nd best side I believe. Very big forward line capable of kicking 20 plus goals. Echunga’s weakness is their back half so they would be nervous about The Lions. Handorf are very capable, you quick and exciting. If Wittwer comes back and Darc keeps playing all year they will take some beating, backline is very under rated. Lobey and Blackwood are the roughies for me, if they finish top 5 they could both win it. We saw the other week what Lobey were capable of. Ironbank and Uraidla are two very good sides who IMHO miss the 5, showing how good the comp is. Uraidla power side of the comp for a decade and just look shot. Ironbank have left it too late and needed to snatch a couple more games early on.
TheBull
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby lovethefooty » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:17 pm

good stuff bull. I think we are thinking we shouldn't right Uraidla off. it is a dangerous thing to do!!
Echunga are building I think and they would be hopeful of having best team on the paddock as the finals approach.
torrens valley are dangerous with the three key forwards. but their mids shouldn't be underestimated either.
tv, like a lot of the teams are probably only 3 or 4 injuries away from trouble.
Hahndorf seem to be playing really good football and have risen to most challenges.
the next month pretty big for most teams, and in particular for Hahndorf.

and I agree. I could see Lobethal and blackwood winning on any given day.
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby Rubber Chest » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:51 pm

TheBull wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:

Echunga are still favourites in my eyes. Not sure what happens with Carey at the end of the season, he seems to be in the crows best squad very easily at the moment. Echunga have a few injuries and as long as they can get themselves to the top 3 they will make the Grand Final. Torrens Valley 2nd best side I believe. Very big forward line capable of kicking 20 plus goals. Echunga’s weakness is their back half so they would be nervous about The Lions. Handorf are very capable, you quick and exciting. If Wittwer comes back and Darc keeps playing all year they will take some beating, backline is very under rated. Lobey and Blackwood are the roughies for me, if they finish top 5 they could both win it. We saw the other week what Lobey were capable of. Ironbank and Uraidla are two very good sides who IMHO miss the 5, showing how good the comp is. Uraidla power side of the comp for a decade and just look shot. Ironbank have left it too late and needed to snatch a couple more games early on.

Write off Uraidla at your peril!! 5 out of 8 home games to come.
Rubber Chest
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby lovethefooty » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:55 am

that is a good call rubberchest.
I don't think any informed pundits would right Uraidla off just yet.
plenty of chicken left on the bone before those sort of decisions are made.
but I think we all agree that it is as even as it has been for a while.
certainly a case could be mounted for 7 or 8 teams to still make the finals and have an impact.
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby Sniper » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:10 pm

lovethefooty wrote:good stuff bull. I think we are thinking we shouldn't right Uraidla off. it is a dangerous thing to do!!
Echunga are building I think and they would be hopeful of having best team on the paddock as the finals approach.
torrens valley are dangerous with the three key forwards. but their mids shouldn't be underestimated either.
tv, like a lot of the teams are probably only 3 or 4 injuries away from trouble.
Hahndorf seem to be playing really good football and have risen to most challenges.

I see TV are regaining the services of an ex big man with Swans and Port Magpies experience to support their young ruckman (who has performed very well this year in Div 1 ranks coming from Kangarilla last year).
Sniper
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby batmanbegins » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:42 pm

Sniper wrote:
lovethefooty wrote:good stuff bull. I think we are thinking we shouldn't right Uraidla off. it is a dangerous thing to do!!

I see TV are regaining the services of an ex big man with Swans and Port Magpies experience to support their young ruckman (who has performed very well this year in Div 1 ranks coming from Kangarilla last year).

Jesus how much money does that club have, wouldn't imagine he would be coming for free. Watchel has been very impressive so strange move, Couldn't imagine he would be to pleased about it.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby Sniper » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:04 am

Close guess there Batman, as he is also a fully trained Church Pastor as well !
Sniper
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:14 am

Sniper wrote:Close guess there Batman, as he is also a fully trained Church Pastor as well !

Presume your talking about Jaques, he played last year but didnt ruck played mainly down back as they let Mcentee ruck. There one of the biggest sides I've seen if they add him, Ellis boys, Boras, Watchel and Jaques are some large men. He will certainly make them a more formidable side than they already are.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby lovethefooty » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:47 pm

I look forward to Thursday arvo and the caped crusaders preview...
(who is that masked man!!!)
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:09 pm

Another Important round ahead;

Onkas V TV- TV have dropped 2 on the trot and will be wanting to bounce back, Whilst the Doggies were a little disappointing last week against the Bankers. O'Sullivan and Renshaw have been two massive outs for TV over the past 2 weeks and would be close to returning, The return if true of Jaques will be handy as well. Hopefully Grocke returns for the Dogs as they will be without Mcgoo after a cheap shot of the ball last week left him with some broken ribs. Unfortunately for the Dogs at the minute they dont have a quality ruckman and young Watchel will get his hand on the ball first to give Hunter, Eichner and Hanna plenty of chances to get the ball forward to Boras and the Ellis boys. Leonard is very handy up forward for the Dogs and if Renshaw doesn't return Id expect him to dominate in the air, Tanner and Klun are always reliable in the middle but they lack the depth of quality in the midfield that TV possess. Boras and Ellis to kick 15 between them and TV to return to the winners list by 8 goals.
Echunga V Barker- Echunga are certainly back to playing at it's best with a stirring win over Lobe last week with some key personnel missing, The Roos on the other hand almost snatched a win from Uri's but fell agonizingly short. The Roos past month has been really good but they just keep falling short, Block's return has been important as he is playing some good footy and Big recruit Wakefield is hitting top form. For the Dees Jennings has been outstanding and is a Mail medal Favourite, Harland is a constant threat and Aish is one of the most talented blokes in the comp. If Cranna returns he will dominate the ruck but if not Williams and Wakefield should get on top against the young inexperienced Pitchford which should allow Hughes, Block and Co to get on top but Echunga's midfield is quality and should give Harland and Co plenty of chances to score. Echunga have to many weapons for Barker and Should get over the line by 3 goals against a highly competitive Barker side.
Hahndorf V Lobe- The courier cup winner have won 6 on the trot and are playing some seriously good footy, The tigers every second week play some incredible footy but are highly inconsistent at the moment. This is a huge game for the Tigers as if they lose they go 5 and 6 and basically afford themselves no further slip ups for the rest of the season but the Dorf want to cement themselves on top. Fisher could be a big out for Lobe after injuring himself last weekend and it will be interesting to see how they set up in the forward line without him. The Roberts Boys against Luccon in the ruck should be a cracking contest and the midfield battle between Tripodi, Paul and Hankin versus Jenkins, Baust and Bampton will decide who wins the match. Captain Tripodi is in fine form and Hourigan is a gun that Lobe that will need to shut down but they have plenty of different goal kickers as well. Lobe need to be at their best this week to beat Hahndorf but I have to go with the team in form at home, The Dorf by 2 goals in a cracker of a game to watch.
Lofty V Bankers- Poor old Lofty can't catch a break the minute with Miles going down with a Knee injury on the weekend to go along with the already missing Nielsen, Stevens and O'Connor. The Bankers had a comfortable win against Onkas last weekend and this game is a must win for them to remain in finals contention. Lofty's only win this year came against the Bankers when Nielsen and Miles kicked 10 between them but their now missing and the Bankers have 8 different players that didn't play in that game. Young fellas Van Paridon and Kittel-Niel stood up for lofty last week and it was good to see senior colt Peterson step up and play well. Lofty will be able to dominate the ruck with Sascha being to athletic for Bishop which should allow Burch to get his hands on it but without Miles, The Bankers will just have to much depth for lofty in the middle. De Visser and Motlop will be excited for this weekend as Lofty probably don't have match ups for them and Thomas, Keeley and Schnieder will give plenty of run from defence as always. The mud heap that is lofty oval will make this closer as it will suit the bigger bodies of lofty but to much class is missing for lofty and IB to win by 6 goals.
Uraidla V Blackwood- Uri's just returned to the winners list last weekend, Whilst the Woodies smoked a deplted lofty outfit. Blackwood have a big month ahead and if they win this weekend it sets them up nicely for the finals but their is no bigger challenge then Uri's at Uri's. Thompson has been outstanding for Blackwood and is dominating down back. Young Woodies Catford and Minuzzo are stepping up in the midfield which is adding to their depth and giving help to Edwards and Bricknell. Uri's are an even side with plenty of contributors but Thomas has been very important since returning from Norwood and Ivens controls everything from defence. If Uri's dominate inside they will win this game but if the Woods can break even inside they have the better outside runners and may get on top but Uri's are so smart and good defensively I expect them to stifle the Woodies run. Down should be to agile around the ground for Herbert, Whilst Uri's must be aware of Ridley who has been instrumental for the Woodies of late. At home i'm going with Uri's by 2 goals in a dour affair.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby lovethefooty » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:54 pm

good stuff caped crusader!!
am looking forward to Hahndorf v Lobethal.
no doubt lobey are capable of winning here, but Hahndorf have been playing good footy.
does 6 in a row mean you are that much closer to a loss???
I think there will be at least one upset this round (no massive prediction there!!!)
lovethefooty
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy