Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:20 am

Jim05 wrote:Has a club ever matched a price?
Pies still rumoured to be offering $1.4m a year and the Hawks not far behind

I don't think there's any reason to.

If a bloke wants to leave then good riddance. Empty your locker and see you later.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:27 am

Booney wrote:

If a bloke wants to leave then good riddance. Empty your locker and see you later.

Thats my point, so all this talk of the Crows matching it is just rubbish IMO
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Fricky » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:30 am

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Crows will only match it to force Geelong to the trade table, which I think is a smart move. May as well get what he is worth rather than a compo pick that doesn't match up.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby TEX07 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:29 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

They wont match if its large $$ like Collingwood or Hawks are rumored to be offering - but if its Geelong, they need to match to get some fair compensation. So far all the restricted FAs apart from Franklin haven't been worth it to the clubs to match IMO. I am all for free agency but this restricted one is the one that causes the most pain IMO - Dangerfield isnt even a 150 game player as yet and will have only just ticked that over by seasons end. His best is yet to come so they need to fight for compensation in some form.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:23 pm

Im a bit worried about the lack of talk about him going to the Hawks. There was no whispers about Lake and McEvoy until the deals were done either. I dont ******* want him and hopefully Clarko doesnt either, Reckon when push comes to shove we will pull out of the race because of his kicking.

Is it possible he has said to the club he's leaving or that he is happy with the monetary offer from Adelaide and is still just deciding where he wants to play so that they can sign the other players that they have in the last week
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:10 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Im a bit worried about the lack of talk about him going to the Hawks. There was no whispers about Lake and McEvoy until the deals were done either. I dont ******* want him and hopefully Clarko doesnt either, Reckon when push comes to shove we will pull out of the race because of his kicking.

Is it possible he has said to the club he's leaving or that he is happy with the monetary offer from Adelaide and is still just deciding where he wants to play so that they can sign the other players that they have in the last week

Could the Hawks fit him into their salary cap with the large price tag he'll be asking for?

On field wise I've thought Hawthorn would never chase him as aggressively as other clubs because of his kicking like you've mentioned.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:58 am

Crows and probably the other two clubs wouldn't be able to match Geelongs possibly heavily back ended contract with the amount of superstars due to drop off the books in the next few years.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:06 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Im a bit worried about the lack of talk about him going to the Hawks. There was no whispers about Lake and McEvoy until the deals were done either. I dont ******* want him and hopefully Clarko doesnt either, Reckon when push comes to shove we will pull out of the race because of his kicking.

Could the Hawks fit him into their salary cap with the large price tag he'll be asking for?

On field wise I've thought Hawthorn would never chase him as aggressively as other clubs because of his kicking like you've mentioned.

I doubt any club would knock back Dangerfield because of some questionable disposal. I'm as critical of his disposal as anyone, but I'm pretty sure every club would have him.

As for Hawthorn I would think Lake, Hodge, Burgoyne, Mitchell, Hale and Gibson all being 30 plus or close would be on their last contract or the back end of their current contract and unlikely to sign any more than one year at a time so Hawthorn in the next year or two would be flushed with cash I would think.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:12 am

Wedgie wrote:Crows and probably the other two clubs wouldn't be able to match Geelongs possibly heavily back ended contract with the amount of superstars due to drop off the books in the next few years.

Agreed, as I've noted with Hawthorn above. I also think the Hawks are more likely to whore out cash than Geelong would be.

Geelong built their dynasty from within ( bar Ottens being recruited ) where as Lake, Burgoyne, Gibson, Hale and Frawley have been "purchased".

I'm not sure the Catters are about "purchasing" top end talent like the Hawks are.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:44 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Crows and probably the other two clubs wouldn't be able to match Geelongs possibly heavily back ended contract with the amount of superstars due to drop off the books in the next few years.

Agreed, as I've noted with Hawthorn above. I also think the Hawks are more likely to whore out cash than Geelong would be.

Geelong built their dynasty from within ( bar Ottens being recruited ) where as Lake, Burgoyne, Gibson, Hale and Frawley have been "purchased".

I'm not sure the Catters are about "purchasing" top end talent like the Hawks are.

Cats looking at bringing in Selwood and Henderson aswell
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:49 am

Who will the Cats see off this year, Johnson, Stokes and McIntosh?

With next year or the year after Mackie, Bartel, Enright, Rivers, Lonergan and Kelly?

Fair bit of cash freed up there, like the Hawks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Crows 2015

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:18 am

I honestly reckon the money won't be a factor with danger. I don't think there will be an amount that the crows would pay that he would not be happy with, if that makes sense. The crows will throw everything they have to keep him

Unlike some other players, if danger said he left because he wants to go home I think I'm inclined to believe him on that.

So even if the Hawks and Collingwood mount super offers I can still see him choosing Geelong at less cash, if he decides to leave.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Fricky » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:33 am

bennymacca wrote:I honestly reckon the money won't be a factor with danger. I don't think there will be an amount that the crows would pay that he would not be happy with, if that makes sense. The crows will throw everything they have to keep him

Unlike some other players, if danger said he left because he wants to go home I think I'm inclined to believe him on that.

So even if the Hawks and Collingwood mount super offers I can still see him choosing Geelong at less cash, if he decides to leave.

The club HAVE thrown everything at him, bar the captaincy.

People seem to be resigned to the fact that he's leaving but if Geelong miss the 8 and the Adelaide make it to a Semi Final Dangerfield may see the club as being close to a decent crack at a flag and could stay. Hawthorn and Collingwood look as though they will push for at least a Prelim atm and their final placings could provide Dangerfield with enough incentive to want to move to one of these clubs.

I'm almost at the point where I wish the AFL had the same trading environment as the NRL so that Dangerfield could have already come out and said that he is either leaving or not, then at least we could all know what's happening. Then again he might honestly have not made up his mind yet
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:39 am

I agree regarding the NRL system. Players should be able to say what they are doing. I don't think it would affect his performances either if he has decided to leave. In fact it might even help them.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:51 am

bennymacca wrote:I agree regarding the NRL system. Players should be able to say what they are doing. I don't think it would affect his performances either if he has decided to leave. In fact it might even help them.

Absolutely, I think the NRL system is fine as long as players are professionals. Professionals in every aspect of the word. Do you think players have the ability to put every ounce of their being into half a season knowing they are moving at the end of the year?

I'm not sure that all do, I think some would and I'd put Dangerfield in that category.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:12 am

Well if they have made their mind up already it's irrelevant - we are just talking about it being public knowledge basically. At present they basically have to go on handshake deals until the end of the season but to say players aren't signed mid season is just a fallacy.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Coach Bombay » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:35 am

Luke Brown resigns 2 years
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby Fricky » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:25 pm

bennymacca wrote:Well if they have made their mind up already it's irrelevant - we are just talking about it being public knowledge basically. At present they basically have to go on handshake deals until the end of the season but to say players aren't signed mid season is just a fallacy.

If players have signed mid-season they and the club they are going to run the risk of being found out and heavily fined/suspended. My understanding is that players and managers can make verbal agreements mid-season with another club though, this is also fought with danger (no pun intended, I hate puns) as the players can also renege on the agreement as it was never put down in writing.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:29 pm

Yeah of course that's a risk but it doesn't stop clubs and players talking. Remember when Geelong marched into Adelaide to chat with boak?

On the flip side it seemed that port Adelaide gave Gorringe a verbal agreement which they probably would have honoured until paddy Ryder became available
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Fricky » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:37 pm

bennymacca wrote:Yeah of course that's a risk but it doesn't stop clubs and players talking. Remember when Geelong marched into Adelaide to chat with boak?

On the flip side it seemed that port Adelaide gave Gorringe a verbal agreement which they probably would have honoured until paddy Ryder became available

The lesson is never put things is writing :-$ , Trigg should be well aware of this now
Fricky
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL