Round 10 - Central v North @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 20/6)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 10 - Central v North @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 20

Postby RB » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:36 pm

MW wrote:Hearing from a good source that there was dissent in the coaches box. Drs told Handby that an injured player on the bench was right to come on so they could take an injured player on the field off. Apparently Handby refused and wanted to keep the injured player on the field to "teach him a lesson". It took the Football Managers intervention to make the sub!

Very reluctant on principle to believe a 'good source' quoted on the Footy Forum, but assuming this is true, wasn't Handby an assistant coach in the state side this year? Would love to hear the reaction of a club whose player aggravated an already serious injury on state duty because the coach had wanted to keep him on in order to 'teach him a lesson'. Would be a great way though to get rid of a good player whose team was due to play yours soon...
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 772 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Postby rocketeer » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:42 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Serious question will Handby last the season???

Seriously stupid question. Of course he will. It took 1.5 seasons of turning a grand finalist to the worst team in the comp for Ken Mc to lose his job. Handby having inherited a basket case will get the rest of the year to try to improve it.
rocketeer
Rookie

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Killa » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:14 pm

MW wrote:Hearing from a good source that there was dissent in the coaches box. Drs told Handby that an injured player on the bench was right to come on so they could take an injured player on the field off. Apparently Handby refused and wanted to keep the injured player on the field to "teach him a lesson". It took the Football Managers intervention to make the sub!

Is this player mid week didn't want to play but was told he had to play? I was told he couldn't move and didn't complete any training sessions throughout the week.
Killa
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby MW » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:14 pm

Just heard from someone who told me the story and I have no reason to not believe him based on his contacts. I have no idea on players involved and neither does he
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2637 times
Been liked: 1865 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:29 pm

I'm not getting too excited after this win - despite how much fun it was to watch.
I don't think North was outclassed, just disinterested. They were the least disinterested side I'd ever seen at SANFL level.
A great debut by Presbury for us.
And another positive was that we actually buried a side, which hasn't always happened of late.
I'm also thankful that Foghorn Leghorn was unable to make an appearance in this thread this week.

It seems strange to say, but it was great to see such a 'large' crowd on Saturday - which goes to tell you where our crowds have been at.
I saw more people there than many games I've been to this season.
And...full credit to the North supporters that stayed until the bitter end. I didn't notice any drop in crowd size on the eastern wing as the game went on - the North supporters could easily have walked out on that insipid performance.

Apparently, North supporters are already talking about Handby not getting the job next year. One came past our group on Saturday and, during a brief conversation, told us that "one of your premiership stars" was being spoken to about coaching. Relax, though, it's not Heals again, its "one who's about to retire and wants to get into coaching".
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:53 pm

Foghorn usually comes out only when ending the Dogs season anyway, not ordinary games during the year.
We're a bit less liberal than the KFC buckets of last decade. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:57 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I'm not getting too excited after this win - despite how much fun it was to watch.
I don't think North was outclassed, just disinterested. They were the least disinterested side I'd ever seen at SANFL level.
A great debut by Presbury for us.
And another positive was that we actually buried a side, which hasn't always happened of late.
I'm also thankful that Foghorn Leghorn was unable to make an appearance in this thread this week.

It seems strange to say, but it was great to see such a 'large' crowd on Saturday - which goes to tell you where our crowds have been at.
I saw more people there than many games I've been to this season.
And...full credit to the North supporters that stayed until the bitter end. I didn't notice any drop in crowd size on the eastern wing as the game went on - the North supporters could easily have walked out on that insipid performance.

Apparently, North supporters are already talking about Handby not getting the job next year. One came past our group on Saturday and, during a brief conversation, told us that "one of your premiership stars" was being spoken to about coaching. Relax, though, it's not Heals again, its "one who's about to retire and wants to get into coaching".

Great to see Presbury doing well down there. On the flip side it means we probably wont be seeing alot of him at South in the near future.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3565 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:32 pm

Dogwatcher wrote: They were the least disinterested side I'd ever seen at SANFL level.

Does that mean they were the most interested then ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:40 am

johntheclaret wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote: They were the least disinterested side I'd ever seen at SANFL level.

Geees, I did mean 'most disinterested', doh.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:59 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

Geees, I did mean 'most disinterested', doh.

Or least interested ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:18 am

Exactly.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:45 pm

If ive met a man who loves a double negative, its Dogwatcher :)
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:57 pm

Dogwatcher
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL