Yorke Peninsula League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Postby test » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:00 am

Who even cares? They wanted to leave, they left, the reasons have been explained, move on.

After some negative comments on here it seems Ivan 'The Kid' Silvy has Kadina flying, premiership favourites after the weekend?
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby alcho-pop » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:41 am

test wrote:Who even cares? They wanted to leave, they left, the reasons have been explained, move on.

After some negative comments on here it seems Ivan 'The Kid' Silvy has Kadina flying, premiership favourites after the weekend?

=D> although the topic did bring some short term life to a relatively dead forum ;)

PS i am not either of the said players only someone that has spoken with both of them directly (unlike the posters hanging crap on them and the club) and felt the need set the record straight on their behalf.
alcho-pop

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:58 pm

test wrote:Who even cares? They wanted to leave, they left, the reasons have been explained, move on.

Good luck to him. Hasn't got a lot of fans regardless of the results at the moment but if he takes them to a GF or a flag, well, what more could you ask for?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby hairy cat » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:00 pm

Does the wallaroo coach have another week left in him or she allover !!!!!
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Slowey » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:14 pm

hairy cat wrote:Does the wallaroo coach have another week left in him or she allover !!!!!

Keep trying to stir the pot cat,
After a 10 goal win I'd assume this is tongue and cheek?
Surey your grape vine is extremely thin.
Slowey

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby one day I will » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Wallaroo are a good side on their day, tipping them to atleast get to a prelim!!
one day I will
Under 16s

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:27 pm

one day I will wrote:Wallaroo are a good side on their day, tipping them to atleast get to a prelim!!

Depends which Wallaroo turns up. Their good is ok but their bad is Rat sh*t. Kadina, Moonta, and Pasky are the top 3 then maybe Ardrossan. Cant see the Dogs making a prelim unless you are talking about their senior colts :butthead:
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby one day I will » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:09 pm

Tyson wait taking the piss again on the weekend I see.
one day I will
Under 16s

Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Mex » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:01 am

couple of late clearances going through. kadina signing cullen from centrals and pasky signing veteran matt oliver.

final date for clearances go too late? these blokes will only play half a dozen games before finals, hardly fair on the clubs they started the year at and blokes missing out at the club they go to!
Mex
Mini-League

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:31 am

Mex wrote:couple of late clearances going through. kadina signing cullen from centrals and pasky signing veteran matt oliver.

final date for clearances go too late? these blokes will only play half a dozen games before finals, hardly fair on the clubs they started the year at and blokes missing out at the club they go to!

I'm sure each team can fit in one quality player if it will improve their chances at winning a flag. My arguement would be that the guys that miss out because of bringing in an extra player have had 3 months to perform and cement their place in their respective teams and so probably can't expect a permanent spot in the team anyway.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby David Brent » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:08 pm

Mex wrote:couple of late clearances going through. kadina signing cullen from centrals and pasky signing veteran matt oliver.

Has Oliver been playing at all the last few years?? Jeez he must be old now
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby OnSong » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:19 pm

David Brent wrote:

Has Oliver been playing at all the last few years?? Jeez he must be old now

Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Slowey » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:29 am

Due to so much activity i thought i would take a look at where the clubs are at in terms of finishing off the year.
Early in the year this was what was said -

1. Pasky team to beat.
2. Moonta most likely challenger if can get all players on deck.
3. Bute and Crows to finish bottom 2 although Bute capable of upsets along the way.
4. Kadina has the most arrogant up themselves supporters in the league.
5. Wallaroo,Cougars, Eagles and Ardrossan still not good enough to match the top sides.

For what it's worth my opinion is the following

1 - Moonta - Have shown they can match it with anyone this year - Were a little inconsistent early in the year but have started to win games and win them well. The team to beat.
2 - Kadina - Have got the side to win the premiership, Injuries to key players will be the only reason they won't be playing off in a grand final.
3 - Pasky – They sit top, Haven’t really done anything wrong I just feel the top two teams have more than a couple of genuine match winners . They rely on Madden and for good reason – Very good footballer – When he goes forward I think they can be scored against so I have them the 3rd placed team.
4- Ardrossan - Have shown glimpses of being able to match it with anyone but not consistent enough to be a real threat.
5 – Wallaroo – Will be making up the numbers- Have enough top end players to complete but lack depth – Have been soundly beaten by the top sides throughout the year.
Slowey

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby David Brent » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:42 pm

How did Oliver go in his comeback game? Didn't see him on the goal kickers list
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Mex » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:31 pm

David Brent wrote:How did Oliver go in his comeback game? Didn't see him on the goal kickers list

pulled a hammy in the first 5 miuntes
Mex
Mini-League

Postby hairy cat » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:40 pm

Mex wrote:
David Brent wrote:How did Oliver go in his comeback game? Didn't see him on the goal kickers list

pulled a hammy in the first 5 miuntes

He was bloody good in his prime and could swat a fly or 2when grumpy
good to watch scary to play
hairy cat
Under 16s

Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:04 pm

Fred Agius back at Moonta. Playing the last two games of the season to qualify! Local talent to miss out again!
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Dogs Breakfast wrote:Fred Agius back at Moonta. Playing the last two games of the season to qualify! Local talent to miss out again!

Don't get bitter.. get better
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby test » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:32 am

Dogs Breakfast wrote:Fred Agius back at Moonta. Playing the last two games of the season to qualify! Local talent to miss out again!

So Moonta evaluated their squad and decided a gun like Fred would add to their team over playing a local kid instead? The decisions sides make to be successful...
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:16 pm

test wrote:

So Moonta evaluated their squad and decided a gun like Fred would add to their team over playing a local kid instead? The decisions sides make to be successful...

A decision that can also be very divisive to a club. If Moonta win a flag it will be a master stroke! If they choke again with the money they are spending and go out in straight sets like they did last season it will be atotal waste. Time will tell !
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy