Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:20 pm

Afternoon Posters, any feedback on the round games I went to the compass v willunga game and thoroughly enjoyed it. Two teams going for it flat out ! it had everything that we love about our great southern brand of footy cant wait till next week to do it all again :D
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:39 pm

Half way mark off the Season sees Compass unbeaten and with Top spot all but wrapped up.
Bays, Victor (Who have been far from impressive but have got the wins on the board) and Goolwa have 2nd, 3rd and 4th wrapped up tho the order is far from settled.
5th spot is wide open between Myponga, Creeks, Strath and Willunga all vying for it.
I'd fancy Strath and Willunga to grab it although who could say such are the form fluctuations from week to week.
Although only a game and % out of it, Yank and McLaren wouldnt seem capable on current form winning another 5 or 6 games they'd require to make it.

Creeks held a slight lead most of the day against McLaren before finally getting the better of them in the final term to run out 24 point winners, a margin that could have been a lot more if not for their 9 behinds in the last term.
Got no idea if McLaren have any players missing? (i guess they do, every team does) but i must say they were very disappointing against a very young and inexperienced Creek side who out ran them in the finish.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby Luke15 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:36 pm

So the BIG BOYS CLUB at Myponga strikes again. Word is that their Senior Colts coach has resigned after being accused of throwing a game.....

This coach is a very successful Senior Colts coach who has coached a premiership at Langhorne Creek and was also an association coach.

Word is that a couple of players told the coach to "Get F####ed". The coach was not happy by this naturally so he told them to leave training and only come back if they want to apologise and abide by team rules.

All 3 players rocked up game day and 2 of the 3 apologised and pulled their heads in. They will held on the bench for the first quarter and then put on the field after that. The 3rd player did not apologise so he was kept on the bench for the first 3 quarters and then put on in the last. They lost the game which some thought they should have won and then on Thursday night the coach was accused by the Presidents WIFE, of throwing a game and this was supported by president and Senior Coach so he walked.

Anyone else think this is bloody ridiculous. What is wrong down there, Myponga cannot cry poor and say we cannot fill juniors when the culture sounds terrible. I have noticed in clearances out of the past 3 years that a lot of the Pongy Premiership Senior Colts side from a few years back have gone from the club. Instead old blokes are recruited and paid money....
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby words of wisdom » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:13 pm

Luke15 wrote:So the BIG BOYS CLUB at Myponga strikes again. Word is that their Senior Colts coach has resigned after being accused of throwing a game.....

This coach is a very successful Senior Colts coach who has coached a premiership at Langhorne Creek and was also an association coach.

Word is that a couple of players told the coach to "Get F####ed". The coach was not happy by this naturally so he told them to leave training and only come back if they want to apologise and abide by team rules.

All 3 players rocked up game day and 2 of the 3 apologised and pulled their heads in. They will held on the bench for the first quarter and then put on the field after that. The 3rd player did not apologise so he was kept on the bench for the first 3 quarters and then put on in the last. They lost the game which some thought they should have won and then on Thursday night the coach was accused by the Presidents WIFE, of throwing a game and this was supported by president and Senior Coach so he walked.

Anyone else think this is bloody ridiculous. What is wrong down there, Myponga cannot cry poor and say we cannot fill juniors when the culture sounds terrible. I have noticed in clearances out of the past 3 years that a lot of the Pongy Premiership Senior Colts side from a few years back have gone from the club. Instead old blokes are recruited and paid money....

Haha - this is so ridiculous i don't know where to start. Both of the junior & senior presidents wives are lovely people and don't have anything to do with coaching side of things. There was a disagreement between a couple of players and the coach a few weeks ago but as far as I'm aware that was sorted. The senior colts coach wasn't there on the weekend due to some personal issues and I'm unsure if he's having a week or 2 off or is unable to continue. Of the Colts premiership side i think there are 3 playing for other clubs. 2 of them went for money. The last month I'm fairly sure we've had between 15 & 16 guys playing A grade that have played colts at the club. That's fairly good in anyone's book. Cheers for your post Luke15 but have at least 1 fact right.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Great Southern Football League

Postby field of dreams » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:40 pm

words of wisdom wrote:We should have a couple of handy ins for round 9 FOD! ;)

Didn't get there WoW.....were they handy? I was surprised (pleasantly [emoji4]) at the result. Must've found some form!
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby words of wisdom » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:56 am

field of dreams wrote:
words of wisdom wrote:We should have a couple of handy ins for round 9 FOD! ;)

Didn't get there WoW.....were they handy? I was surprised (pleasantly [emoji4]) at the result. Must've found some form!

Nah mate the boys didn't get up for the game. No Allen, Gum or Nick B. Carroll went down in the 3rd i think but take nothing away from Victor. If you guys can hold that group together you're going to eventually have some real success.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Postby Spiderman » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:45 pm

heard young langhorne creek senior colts Mitchell CLegget and Jack Follett have been offered big bucks to go play in the hills football league.
Spiderman
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby kickittome » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:59 pm

I see Daniel Butcher has got a clearance from Willunga back to his old club flaggies. Apparently hasn't been enjoying his football lately & going to play c grade every now & then? Big loss for Willunga.
Shows how well compass are going dropping parsons (Hollywood) back to the twos last week, for a much needed reality check.
Is Grant Bailey playing for his old compass boys this week? Very handy addition to there back line which is probably the only weakness needed tweaking at the moment for the doggies.
kickittome
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby luvayarn » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:12 pm

Anyone got scores from around the grounds today ?
luvayarn
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:39 pm

A depleted Myponga / Sellicks scored a Remarkable come from behind win over the Creeks today.
It was all the Creeks in the 1st Half to lead 10 - 4 to 4 -1 at Half time and just seemed to be a matter of how far for the Hawks.
The 2nd half was a complete turaround as the Mudlarks ran, created and took chances whilst the Creeks were flat footed and just seemed content to sit on their lead which was a HUGE mistake.
Accurate kicking for goal gave Myponga full value for their dominance to reduce the margin to about 16 points at 3/4 time. 11 - 5 to 9 -1 .
After an early struggle in the last term Myponga slammed on 4 quick goals to hit the front and had all the run. Creeks clawed a goal back agianst all the run of play to get within 2 points and then Perrey had a chance to snatch the lead back for the Creeks but his on the run shot for goal from about 40m directly in front went out on the full :roll: Myponga then defended tenaciously for the last 3 - 4 minutes with the ball deep in the Creeks forward line but like for all the 2nd half, nver looked like scoring.
Myponga / Sellicks 13 - 3 Def Creeks 12 - 7
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Spiderman wrote:heard young langhorne creek senior colts Mitchell CLegget and Jack Follett have been offered big bucks to go play in the hills football league.

Talked to one of the fathers of these lads today and he just laughed and was dumbfounded by this suggestion.
You may have "heard" a rumor but i like everyone else would be dumbfounded if there was a skerrick of truth to it :shock:
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby field of dreams » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:33 am

So the top 3 all lose. Wow - amazing comp!!
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby bluebagger » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:34 am

field of dreams wrote:So the top 3 all lose. Wow - amazing comp!!

But the scoreline down at TigerLand for both senior grades wasnt flash.
54 goals to 12..
Tigers have a fair way to go
bluebagger
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby footytrip » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:43 am

I watched myponga vs creek, crap first quarter and a bit but then the game was great. As a neutral aupporter was great to see a comeback. What happened at goolwa vs compass see goolwa had 3 ins from last week when they played the bays but still not whiterod so i was expecting hoban to really set up the mids and blow the game open. Spoke to some of the bay lads and they said they had 7 of their best 21 out due to injuries, work and sickness. They said close game all day but mcclaren just ran over the top of them in the third and then couldnt get back
footytrip
Mini-League

Postby words of wisdom » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:26 pm

jackpot jim wrote:A depleted Myponga / Sellicks scored a Remarkable come from behind win over the Creeks today.
It was all the Creeks in the 1st Half to lead 10 - 4 to 4 -1 at Half time and just seemed to be a matter of how far for the Hawks.
The 2nd half was a complete turaround as the Mudlarks ran, created and took chances whilst the Creeks were flat footed and just seemed content to sit on their lead which was a HUGE mistake.
Accurate kicking for goal gave Myponga full value for their dominance to reduce the margin to about 16 points at 3/4 time. 11 - 5 to 9 -1 .
After an early struggle in the last term Myponga slammed on 4 quick goals to hit the front and had all the run. Creeks clawed a goal back agianst all the run of play to get within 2 points and then Perrey had a chance to snatch the lead back for the Creeks but his on the run shot for goal from about 40m directly in front went out on the full :roll: Myponga then defended tenaciously for the last 3 - 4 minutes with the ball deep in the Creeks forward line but like for all the 2nd half, nver looked like scoring.
Myponga / Sellicks 13 - 3 Def Creeks 12 - 7

Pretty well spot on Jim. Without Carroll, Allen etc i thought you guys would probably be too good. 7 goals up at one point and i thought we were done. Boys dug deap for Wade Hutchys 225th game. Scotty O and Scott hunt were our best over 4 qtrs but Gummys last quarter was match winning.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:24 am

Luke15 wrote:So the BIG BOYS CLUB at Myponga strikes again. Word is that their Senior Colts coach has resigned after being accused of throwing a game.....

I hear the President's son has been appointed as the replacement
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Captain One-eyed » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:00 am

[quote="Luke15"]So the BIG BOYS CLUB at Myponga strikes again. Word is that their Senior Colts coach has resigned after being accused of throwing a game.....

Anyone else think this is bloody ridiculous. What is wrong down there, Myponga cannot cry poor and say we cannot fill juniors when the culture sounds terrible. I have noticed in clearances out of the past 3 years that a lot of the Pongy Premiership Senior Colts side from a few years back have gone from the club. Instead old blokes are recruited and paid money....[/

So wrong on so many levels, you obviously get a bit of information from a disgruntled ex Myponga person who seems at his best throwing rocks from a distance. The senior colt coach resigned for personal reasons which was dealt with entirely by the junior committee. The presidents wife spends her day at the netball and would have no idea if the colts won or lost let alone accuse a coach of throwing a game. There is nothing wrong at Myponga do your homework we have been competitive in junior football for some time now, having good numbers in all 4 teams.
When talking about the big boys club are you referring to the group that are at the club most Thursday, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays helping the club . As for our old recruits I guess you refer to Ty Allan and Tristan Gumm both who have strong ties to Myponga and which club wouldn't want them at their club. As far as not promoting juniors we had 4 of last years senior colts team play Saturday and one senior colt also 3 of our 2009 colts premiership team play probably at least average with other clubs in the league. We have over half our A grade under 21 and local, so Luke you and your merry men enjoy your cub because we are a happy lot at Myponga and are doing just fine.
Captain One-eyed

Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Ramadash » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:21 am

Interesting to see a new clearance to bolster Encounter Bay
Kenneth McGregor!! Cleared from AFL Canberra???
Sacked as SANFL coach makes more money playing country footy!
Interesting inclusion for this week.
premierships is what it is all about
Ramadash
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:15 pm

Ramadash wrote:Kenneth McGregor!! Cleared from AFL Canberra???

He played for Ainslie in 2012
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Ramadash » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:41 pm

I'm hearing one of the best coaches in the league has been offered massive coin to quit his position at his current club and take over the position for them in another league! Considering the work he's put into dragging this club out of mediocrity and their committee is negating all his requests to see success in their reserves! With a few days to decide who would blame him if he did. if people around him don't want him to succeed he may as well go where he's wanted!
Would be disastrous for current club cod they play for him and I'd think lots would follow!!
premierships is what it is all about
Ramadash
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy