Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby stan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:17 am

If this last issue with the nude pics online doesn't at least show young people that caution is at least needed then really you won't be able to reason with them.

At the end of the day maybe the only way for them to see the dangers is to be caught up in it?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:26 am

Question - how many of you drank underage, drove whilst drunk, sped or hooned in your car, engaged in somewhat risky sexual behaviour, shoplifted, cheated on a test, forged your mothers signature, lied, or did drugs when you were a teenager?

I like to think I have pretty decent parents and I still did all of those things except doing drugs even though I knew it was wrong to do them.

Parenting can't be all of the answer, and people saying teenagers shouldn't be so stupid are downright hypocrites - teenagers are stupid full stop!

The big change is the ease at which this stuff can be spread around before smartphones the damage of doing some of this stupid stuff was limited to maybe your friendship group and some whispers around the school. Now it is everywhere on everyone's phones and the laws haven't quite caught up yet.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:47 am

I spoke to my kids last night, lad nearly 19 and more importantly girl nearly 15. Not for the first time on this subject, but after yesterdays discussion felt it was pertinent to do so.

My wording, or thereabouts was :

"If you choose to send explicit pictures of yourself to someone that is your decision, however, be very mindful that it is highly unlikely,highly unlikely that the person that you send it to will be the only person to ever see it. Potentially millions of people, that's right, millions of people could see it. Do you want to risk images of yourself being made public, do you want to risk images of yourself being used against you and do you want images of yourself spread through your group of friends without your consent?"
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:01 am

Sounds like a pretty decent approach booney
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:10 am

bennymacca wrote:Question - how many of you drank underage, drove whilst drunk, sped or hooned in your car, engaged in somewhat risky sexual behaviour, shoplifted, cheated on a test, forged your mothers signature, lied, or did drugs when you were a teenager?

I like to think I have pretty decent parents and I still did all of those things except doing drugs even though I knew it was wrong to do them.

Parenting can't be all of the answer, and people saying teenagers shouldn't be so stupid are downright hypocrites - teenagers are stupid full stop!

The big change is the ease at which this stuff can be spread around before smartphones the damage of doing some of this stupid stuff was limited to maybe your friendship group and some whispers around the school. Now it is everywhere on everyone's phones and the laws haven't quite caught up yet.

I'm so lucky that I grew up before all of the new technology took off.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:11 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Question - how many of you drank underage, drove whilst drunk, sped or hooned in your car, engaged in somewhat risky sexual behaviour, shoplifted, cheated on a test, forged your mothers signature, lied, or did drugs when you were a teenager?

I'm so lucky that I grew up before all of the new technology took off.

You chose to grow up? I'm undecided. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:40 am

Booney wrote:
You chose to grow up? I'm undecided. ;)

I was dragged up!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:41 am

My inability to stay out of the crows thread despite knowing full well it will only contain the Dangerfield situation...............again.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:44 am

Booney wrote:I spoke to my kids last night, lad nearly 19 and more importantly girl nearly 15. Not for the first time on this subject, but after yesterdays discussion felt it was pertinent to do so.

My wording, or thereabouts was :

"If you choose to send explicit pictures of yourself to someone that is your decision, however, be very mindful that it is highly unlikely,highly unlikely that the person that you send it to will be the only person to ever see it. Potentially millions of people, that's right, millions of people could see it. Do you want to risk images of yourself being made public, do you want to risk images of yourself being used against you and do you want images of yourself spread through your group of friends without your consent?"

I send explicit pics of my junk to my Mrs daily, coz it annoys her and thats the kind of person I am.

I never get anything back because of the whole "in cyberspace forever" thing.

Personally, I dont care if people see my pics, but i respect the Mrs's's's stand on it.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby tipper » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:35 pm

maybe thats the solution for those of us with kids. make sure we get some unflattering pics of ourselves out there permanently then when discussing it with the kids we can give them some very unflattering evidence as to why they shouldnt do it themselves ;)

on that note, anyone want some naked pics of a fat, hairy bloke with half a chubby??
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:41 pm

tipper wrote:maybe thats the solution for those of us with kids. make sure we get some unflattering pics of ourselves out there permanently then when discussing it with the kids we can give them some very unflattering evidence as to why they shouldnt do it themselves ;)

on that note, anyone want some naked pics of a fat, hairy bloke with half a chubby??

Mate, I don't know where you got them from, but I need them back!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:39 pm

Channel 9.

Paying money. Any money. A dollar, 2 dollars, let alone 45 THOUSAND dollars for that waste of space Belle Gibson.

**** OFF. She should never be allowed to explain her side of the story. There is no "her side of the story". She's a lying bitch and needs to be reviled by society forever.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby RustyCage » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:51 pm

Operation "where the **** are all my tax receipts?" has begun.....
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Psyber » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:01 pm

Well I have bent the speed limits, and once at 14 I forged a letter from my father authorising a chemical supplies company to sell me concentrated Sulphuric and Nitric acids - so that I had the ingredients to make trinitro-cellulose (guncotton).

However I didn't do any of the other things on the list.
(The sex in my later teens was very careful - avoiding any unnecessary risks.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby JK » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:25 am

Never shoplifted and the old mans signature was easier to forge. Vastly different world as you've suggested back in those days. Give me my time again and I would .... No doubt make all the same mistakes over again.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 pm

Psyber wrote:

Well I have bent the speed limits, and once at 14 I forged a letter from my father authorising a chemical supplies company to sell me concentrated Sulphuric and Nitric acids - so that I had the ingredients to make trinitro-cellulose (guncotton).

However I didn't do any of the other things on the list.
(The sex in my later teens was very careful - avoiding any unnecessary risks.)

Did you ever take the Bentley out without polishing the hubcaps?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby tipper » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:02 pm

it gives me the shits the number of smokers that are still quite happy to leave their filthy cigarette butts wherever they like. sitting in traffic behind a car today, and the driver flicked a still burning butt out onto the median strip....

i know it isnt all smokers, but it still must be a fair number of them as the evidence is still easy to spot no matter where you go.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:22 pm

tipper wrote:it gives me the shits the number of smokers that are still quite happy to leave their filthy cigarette butts wherever they like. sitting in traffic behind a car today, and the driver flicked a still burning butt out onto the median strip....

i know it isnt all smokers, but it still must be a fair number of them as the evidence is still easy to spot no matter where you go.

I agree, although I'm not a heavy smoker it seems that driving creates the strongest cravings for me, I keep a can in my car to put my butts in, it's a filthy enough habit without having to litter the un-biodegradable butts everywhere.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby fisho mcspaz » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:33 pm

My son's stepmother opening the back door for five seconds to let the cat in while she was smoking a cigarette and now the house smells like my gran's. (Gran has smoked heavily in her house for the last 65 years.) :(
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Spargo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:50 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:My son's stepmother opening the back door for five seconds to let the cat in while she was smoking a cigarette and now the house smells like my gran's. (Gran has smoked heavily in her house for the last 65 years.) :(

Air freshener/deodoriser handy?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5530 times
Been liked: 5161 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion