Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby nuggety goodness » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:38 pm

HH3 wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:
Booney wrote:Bullshit. What is wrong is one person telling another person that they can or can't love or marry another person. What is right is every human being allowed to love and marry, if they wish, any other person on earth.

Don't you lot rabbit on about "Thou shall not judge" or something like that? Which, with a fistful of irony, comes from the most judgmental people in the world.

but just like i get told not to push my view on people, i think its only fair that other peoples choice of lifestyle isnt forced upon me as it is currently and laws changed to suit it.

Whats being forced on you? How does marriage equality directly effect you and your life? Serious question.

We as a society are being forced to accept the LGBT community and view that lifestyle as fine. If people want that then have it but dont change the laws that have been in place for 50 odd years.

Day to day my life wont be affected, however the ever increasing degradation of our society's fabric is a detriment. this is just another way of that fabric being destroyed. Divorce, abuse, violence and ultimately thexword that everyone hates, sin, is that which is causing that degradation.

We talk alot on the gay marriage issue when it is a relatively insignificant piece of the puzzle in the grand scheme of things and only gets exposure because of media.
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby HH3 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:03 pm

I don't see this as a degradation of our society's fabric. Lots of other people I know don't either.

There's only one person I personally know that would care that gay marriage is gonna be legalised at some point. He is a very religious man, so I take what he says with a grain of Sodium. (SCIENCE!)

Divorce is fine. People love each other, get married, then over time get sick of each other. You suggest they stay in a miserable life?

Abuse. The church contributes a great deal to this, and has done so for centuries. Glass houses.

Violence. Human and animal nature. Been around forever. Not going anywhere. Pretty sure every religion has been involved in, and even the cause of at least a few wars.

Sin. Means nothing to me. If something like jealousy, which is a feeling that can't be controlled, is a sin, then the "what is a sin" system is flawed.

These are my feelings. Im not pushing them on you, and Im sorry if you feel vilified. Maybe I should make a seperate forum for people with this view, as to not force my lifestyle on to you.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mickey » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:16 pm

Serious question here NG. Should all biblical teachings, laws (whatever you call them) be followed, such as the marriage is for a man and a woman, or just the ones that suit?
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:18 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
HH3 wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:
Booney wrote:Bullshit. What is wrong is one person telling another person that they can or can't love or marry another person. What is right is every human being allowed to love and marry, if they wish, any other person on earth.

Don't you lot rabbit on about "Thou shall not judge" or something like that? Which, with a fistful of irony, comes from the most judgmental people in the world.

but just like i get told not to push my view on people, i think its only fair that other peoples choice of lifestyle isnt forced upon me as it is currently and laws changed to suit it.

Whats being forced on you? How does marriage equality directly effect you and your life? Serious question.

We as a society are being forced to accept the LGBT community and view that lifestyle as fine. If people want that then have it but dont change the laws that have been in place for 50 odd years.

Day to day my life wont be affected, however the ever increasing degradation of our society's fabric is a detriment. this is just another way of that fabric being destroyed. Divorce, abuse, violence and ultimately thexword that everyone hates, sin, is that which is causing that degradation.

We talk alot on the gay marriage issue when it is a relatively insignificant piece of the puzzle in the grand scheme of things and only gets exposure because of media.

Laws change all the time to suit the day. The LGBT community exits whether you want to accept it or not, and has for pretty much ever.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby nuggety goodness » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:28 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:
HH3 wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:[quote="Booney"]Bullshit. What is wrong is one person telling another person that they can or can't love or marry another person. What is right is every human being allowed to love and marry, if they wish, any other person on earth.

Laws change all the time to suit the day. The LGBT community exits whether you want to accept it or not, and has for pretty much ever.[/quote]
No doubt, and it will continue, doesnt make it right and doesnt mean i have to accept it and pander to it.
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby HH3 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:29 pm

Well guess what mate. Now YOU'RE the minority.

Maybe lobby to get it changed back. The media love backing the underdog.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:33 pm

mickey wrote:Serious question here NG. Should all biblical teachings, laws (whatever you call them) be followed, such as the marriage is for a man and a woman, or just the ones that suit?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_of_ac ... _the_Bible

So NG do you eat pork? Cut your hair on the sides of your head? Wear clothing woven from more than one kind of cloth? Eating a cheeseburger or anything else that mixes meat and dairy?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jase » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:34 pm

With regards to this...

If there was to be a referendum held on this topic, Gay Marriage, do you think it would get up* or would it not?

I am a Christian man who has his own beliefs with regards to this, which may not agree with other Christian people's beliefs on it, but I just wonder would a referendum on this actually pass?

I don't even know if you could have a referendum on this topic....
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:34 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:No doubt, and it will continue, doesnt make it right and doesnt mean i have to accept it and pander to it.

Excellent, ignore it then as it's simply none of your business.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:34 pm

Jase wrote:With regards to this...

If there was to be a referendum held on this topic, Gay Marriage, do you think it would get up* or would it not?

I am a Christian man who has his own beliefs with regards to this, which may not agree with other Christian people's beliefs on it, but I just wonder would a referendum on this actually pass?

I don't even know if you could have a referendum on this topic....

I think it would pass with an overwhelming majority it favour.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:38 pm

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:41 pm

Jase wrote:I don't even know if you could have a referendum on this topic....

Referenda deal with constitutional change. Don't think the constitution extends to marital or sexuality issues.

A plebiscite, on the other hand...
Pseudo
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:43 pm

mickey wrote:Serious question here NG. Should all biblical teachings, laws (whatever you call them) be followed, such as the marriage is for a man and a woman, or just the ones that suit?

I'm looking forward to the day we put people to death for gathering sticks on the sabbath. That'll teach them dirty heathens what for!
Pseudo
Coach

Postby Jase » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:43 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Jase wrote:I don't even know if you could have a referendum on this topic....

Referenda deal with constitutional change. Don't think the constitution extends to marital or sexuality issues.

A plebiscite, on the other hand...

I really had no idea (people have been saying that for years) whether there was an option for anything like that...

and I have no agenda, was merely asking the question.
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:45 pm

Heard a stat on the news the other day that said the latest poll was 68% in favour
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:53 pm

Pseudo wrote:

I'm looking forward to the day we put people to death for gathering sticks on the sabbath. That'll teach them dirty heathens what for!

Christ! Lucky I was only twig hunting on Sunday with my kindred.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:57 pm

I certainly try to live by, and encourage my church to live by the new testament church's example found in the book of acts and the epistles that Paul wrote to the early churches and also from Jesus' example himself.

Which ones dont suit?
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:58 pm

Ah so the Old Testament isn't part of the bible anymore?

And why do you choose to ignore the Old Testament? Because it is outdated?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mickey » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:05 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:

I certainly try to live by, and encourage my church to live by the new testament church's example found in the book of acts and the epistles that Paul wrote to the early churches and also from Jesus' example himself.

Which ones dont suit?

Why differentiate between old and new? is there much of a difference between the 2?

Or is the new testament 'leanier' on behaviours/punishment
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby HH3 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:07 pm

How are we supposed to know which one you follow? You should distinguish yourself with a Garriage
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion