Things that make you laugh

Anything!

Re: Things that make you laugh

Postby Psyber » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:40 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:My marriage is great and everyone is happy, what else should i ask for?

As i mentioned, divorce rates were well below current day statistics even 20 years ago, let alone in the 50s. So what has changed? And if my marriage lasts with all parties being happy, then what is wrong with it?!?

Interestingly, after looking at statistics my assumptions were wrong and divorce rates 20 years ago were actually on par with current day statistics (approx 48000 nationally). However 50 years ago, in 1964, there were just over 10000 nationally for the year.

So yeah, take my marriage from 50 years ago when there were distinct roles that men and women played and everyone was happy with that. And if that upsets you then you can deal with that because we are all good at my house.

You have to adjust for the fact that decent jobs were hard to get for women back then and leaving an unhappy marriage was therefore more difficult.
There was more socio-religious pressure to stay in marriage regardless then too.

I rather like the new woman in my life who is quite assertive and prepared to be independent, and whom I can relate on a basis of equality and non-dependency.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:45 am

RB wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:In our house i am the bread winner and have the duty of steering my family through life, my wife is submitted to me (voluntarily) and this frees her from that burden so that she can go about her business not worrying about the hard decisions. Of course she is involved in the process and i always consult her for her view but i make the call. Does that make me a chauvanist? I dont think so.

I've read some interesting things on this forum.

This one probably takes the cake.

It's right up there, without question.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7488 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby cennals05 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:54 am

Is NG Tony Abbott?
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:07 am

Too articulate to be TA
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby tipper » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:20 am

regardless of "the churches" views on "gay marriage" it is completely out of their hands on whether or not it will be allowed. "the church" does not have a monopoly on the word, or the act of marriage, despite what they claim. they lost the exclusive right to marriage decades ago when the government took over.

the number of people i see coming out of births deaths and marriages on grenfell st after getting hitched in a government office is proof enough of that. marriage has already been separated from the church, they lost the argument long ago, they just never realised it.

thankfully it wont be long before it is legalised (either this current bill, or another soon after) and we can all laugh as these religeous nuts proceed to divorce their wives as it "doesnt mean the same thing anymore".

in a world where two people who have never met each other can legally get married for our entertainment on tv, i think the "marriage is sacred" boat has well and truly sailed.....
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:22 am

tipper wrote:regardless of "the churches" views on "gay marriage" it is completely out of their hands on whether or not it will be allowed. "the church" does not have a monopoly on the word, or the act of marriage, despite what they claim. they lost the exclusive right to marriage decades ago when the government took over.

the number of people i see coming out of births deaths and marriages on grenfell st after getting hitched in a government office is proof enough of that. marriage has already been separated from the church, they lost the argument long ago, they just never realised it.

thankfully it wont be long before it is legalised (either this current bill, or another soon after) and we can all laugh as these religeous nuts proceed to divorce their wives as it "doesnt mean the same thing anymore".

in a world where two people who have never met each other can legally get married for our entertainment on tv, i think the "marriage is sacred" boat has well and truly sailed.....

Exactly!!!
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:44 am

tipper wrote:regardless of "the churches" views on "gay marriage" it is completely out of their hands on whether or not it will be allowed. "the church" does not have a monopoly on the word, or the act of marriage, despite what they claim. they lost the exclusive right to marriage decades ago when the government took over.

=D>
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Gay marriage is fine, it gives the extremely ugly people double the chances.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:51 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Gay marriage is fine, it gives the extremely ugly people double the chances.

affords Gay people the opportunity to be as miserable as the rest of us :D
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:52 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Gay marriage is fine, it gives the extremely ugly people double the chances.

Maybe you need you wife to submit to you.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby tipper » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:55 pm

HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Maybe you need you wife to submit to you.

lol, in my household my wife is the breadwinner. well, moreso than i anyway. she earns significantly more than i do despite not being full time. i guess i should go home and tell her how unhappy our marriage really is then. i guess we have been wrong all these years, who knew??
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:05 pm

No mate, as the bread winner she releases you of all burden and makes decisions for you.

Funny, pretty much like my marriage, just slightly different. I don't listen, nor give a **** and she tells me where I need to be and when.

Perfect!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:06 pm

bennymacca wrote:

I put that on Facebook last week and copped a barrage. :D :D
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby tipper » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:39 pm

Booney wrote:No mate, as the bread winner she releases you of all burden and makes decisions for you.

Funny, pretty much like my marriage, just slightly different. I don't listen, nor give a **** and she tells me where I need to be and when.

Perfect!

lol. neither one of us makes decisions for the other. unless it is the really important stuff, like which footy team to follow (North obviously) or what beer to buy (if she suggests west end again there will be trouble :axe: .... ;) )
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby tipper » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:40 pm

actually, i saw this the other day

what do you call a book club that has been stuck on the same book for thousands of years?

the church
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:29 am

Kyrgios. Poor lad, he's yet to find out the world does not revolve around him. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:03 am

Booney wrote:Kyrgios. Poor lad, he's yet to find out the world does not revolve around him. :lol:

He sounds like he's the Second Coming of 'The Poo'.

Why can't there be more Aussie tennis players like Pat Rafter or 'The Woodies'?
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:13 am

People are so hypocritical though. They long for people with personality that make the sport watchable, then cut them down when they do something out of the ordinary.

Do we want to watch two robots go at it? Raonic looked like he was asleep when he was playing. If his serve wasnt faster than the speed of sound he would be boring as batshit to watch.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:16 am

bennymacca wrote:People are so hypocritical though. They long for people with personality that make the sport watchable, then cut them down when they do something out of the ordinary.

Do we want to watch two robots go at it? Raonic looked like he was asleep when he was playing. If his serve wasnt faster than the speed of sound he would be boring as batshit to watch.

There's a big difference between 'having personality' and 'being a douche' though...
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:18 am

the pressure of being a 20 year old suddenly thrust into the spotlight and the weight of expectation can rapidly tip that balance though.

Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Similar to Hewitt.

If he is 25 and still carrying on then I will rethink my opinion
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion