Norwood FC statement

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Norwood FC statement

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:19 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:just get your club runner to run with Warrior

I was out injured one day and took the runner's role and was asked to do exactly that.

On a scale of who cares it won't win or lose a team the game > the world is going to end in a fiery ball of molten larva produced by an asteroid blistering it's way through the atmosphere, what was the crowds reaction?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7489 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby RB » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:20 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Filling holes. Crowding zones.

Exactly.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby another grub » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:22 pm

Umpire didnt pay a free apache so must have been 'within the rules' during the last term. Why wasnt your runner doing the same if its an advantage?

Too much is made of the 'runner is coaching'. How are they going to police it serously? I say just let them go. Who cares if they direct players, fill holes, encourage players. Both sides get 1 runner. Is it not equal for both sides?
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 450 times
Been liked: 412 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:24 pm

you need to get back to the Gambling Room - Grub, your sense is much more valuable in there!!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:25 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:you need to get back to the Gambling Room - Grub, your cents is much more valuable in there!!

There ya go, fixed. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Anyway, all this is beyond the point. It's disappointing to see that someone thought they could racially vilify someone. I would've hoped football supporters were better than that these days. The fact people still think it's appropriate to throw out racial slurs indicates the importance of continuing to educate people about racism and the need for people of high profile to continue taking a public stance against it.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:28 pm

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

I was out injured one day and took the runner's role and was asked to do exactly that.

On a scale of who cares it won't win or lose a team the game > the world is going to end in a fiery ball of molten larva produced by an asteroid blistering it's way through the atmosphere, what was the crowds reaction?

I guess it all depends on which club you support and who is committing the 'offence', doesn't it?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:18 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

I guess it all depends on which club you support and who is committing the 'offence', doesn't it?

I don't think I have EVER been concerned by any runner from any club. So no, I don't think it does.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Anyway, all this is beyond the point. It's disappointing to see that someone thought they could racially vilify someone. I would've hoped football supporters were better than that these days. The fact people still think it's appropriate to throw out racial slurs indicates the importance of continuing to educate people about racism and the need for people of high profile to continue taking a public stance against it.

Was it people or was it a person and was it racial slurs or as it a racial slur.
There is always a DH at any sporting venue. Becareful not to put the whole crowd in that slot
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:17 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Anyway, all this is beyond the point. It's disappointing to see that someone thought they could racially vilify someone. I would've hoped football supporters were better than that these days. The fact people still think it's appropriate to throw out racial slurs indicates the importance of continuing to educate people about racism and the need for people of high profile to continue taking a public stance against it.

Was it people or was it a person and was it racial slurs or as it a racial slur.
There is always a DH at any sporting venue. Becareful not to put the whole crowd in that slot

Bit hard to narrow it down though in the Western Stand at the Parade..... ;)
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5476 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby holden78 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:29 pm

Be nice to beat the PAP smears again especially with 19 on the field, that would be a great result.....

No GAYFL in the SANFL finals [-X
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby topsywaldron » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:33 am

I gave Warrior pelters all day for being an overweight Port cheat from the Western Stand and am happy to do it all again tomorrow.

There's however no need to bring the colour of his skin to in at any point.

That the NFC haven't been able to identify and ban this ftard 'supporter' is disappointing.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:24 am

johntheclaret wrote:

I didn't put the whole crowd in it. But it happens so regularly among football supporters that it is concerning.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:28 am

Booney wrote: I don't think I have EVER been concerned by any runner from any club. So no, I don't think it does.

I'm not surprised you feel that way - you've proved my point that it does depend on who you support. As I've never really heard anyone EVER complain about a runner from any club other than one west of the city centre.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby another grub » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:09 am

topsywaldron wrote:I gave Warrior pelters all day for being an overweight Port cheat from the Western Stand and am happy to do it all again tomorrow.

Pretty poor way to treat anyone. Let alone a past player of your club. Setting a good example there topsy. Each to their own I suppose.

*IMHO
Last edited by another grub on Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
another grub
Coach

Norwood FC statement

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:12 am

another grub wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:I gave Warrior pelters all day for being an overweight Port cheat from the Western Stand and am happy to do it all again tomorrow.

Pretty poor way to treat anyone. Let alone a past player of your club. Setting a good example there topsy.

*IMHO

You got it right, past player.
Now he deserves to cop the abuse at SANFL games as does anyone involved in the 2 AFL sides.
As long as its not racist everything else is fair game.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby another grub » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:19 am

Got a bit tired of it after 5 minutes let alone 120. As long as you thought the continual abuse was acceptable then I guess thats all the matters to you. I wouldnt want my children going to the footy and listening to that all day to be honest. But if it made you feel good about yourself then well done.
So he's got a bit of a gut and a little overweight and does some part time work at port, so he must 'deserve it', must be no mirrors in the western stand toilets.
another grub
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:25 am

Jim05 wrote:
another grub wrote:

Pretty poor way to treat anyone. Let alone a past player of your club. Setting a good example there topsy.

*IMHO

Now he deserves to cop the abuse at SANFL games as does anyone involved in the 2 AFL sides.

Constant abuse of people doing what they love like volunteering at a footy club, running water, team management etc. Yeah, you're going about it the right way.

Hero. Why would you abuse someone who is just helping their club out, doing what they've probably done for years and someone who had nothing to do with the current SANFL structure? It borders on stupidity. Might as well yell at the wall. But, if it fills your heart with delight, makes you feel big, good luck to you.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:43 am

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
another grub wrote:

*IMHO

Constant abuse of people doing what they love like volunteering at a footy club, running water, team management etc. Yeah, you're going about it the right way.

Hero. Why would you abuse someone who is just helping their club out, doing what they've probably done for years and someone who had nothing to do with the current SANFL structure? It borders on stupidity. Might as well yell at the wall. But, if it fills your heart with delight, makes you feel big, good luck to you.

I think you under estimate the absolute hatred of the AFL clubs by the majority of SANFL fans. I dont hear anyone abusing the waterboys, medical staff or other volunteers of Port. The abuse is of a guy who constantly is flaunting the rules. Players and coaching staff are the only others from Port ive heard be abused.
Its only going to get worse until they are evicted, hopefully at seasons end
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:44 am

another grub wrote: must be no mirrors in the western stand toilets.

Are they also in an underground bunker which reeks of stale piss, or is this just the plebs facility on the eastern flank?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL