Norwood FC statement

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Norwood FC statement

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:47 am

Jim05 wrote:I think you under estimate the absolute hatred of the AFL clubs by the majority of SANFL fans. I dont hear anyone abusing the waterboys, medical staff or other volunteers of Port. The abuse is of a guy who constantly is flaunting the rules. Players and coaching staff are the only others from Port ive heard be abused.
Its only going to get worse until they are evicted, hopefully at seasons end

"I don't hear anyone abusing the waterboys etc...." Must be deaf in one ear.

Under estimate? ******* laughable.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby another grub » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:59 am

I think that is where attitudes have to change. If you have "absolute hatred" feelings or thoughts is it really worth going to the game and making a d1ck of yourself? Good way to get rid of your frustrations i suppose. Abuse a runner for 2 hours and the opposition when they come of the ground.

Each to their own. But I ask you to think about your comments and have a look around at the example you are setting for the younger generation.

A guy is 'constantly flaunting the rules'. So what. Must be within the rules if umpires not acting. Get over it. Get your runer to do the same. Both sides have 1 runner.
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 412 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:04 pm

another grub wrote:I think that is where attitudes have to change. If you have "absolute hatred" feelings or thoughts is it really worth going to the game and making a d1ck of yourself? Good way to get rid of your frustrations i suppose. Abuse a runner for 2 hours and the opposition when they come of the ground.

Each to their own. But I ask you to think about your comments and have a look around at the example you are setting for the younger generation.

A guy is 'constantly flaunting the rules'. So what. Must be within the rules if umpires not acting. Get over it. Get your runer to do the same. Both sides have 1 runner.

Or you can come on here and do it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:06 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I think you under estimate the absolute hatred of the AFL clubs by the majority of SANFL fans. I dont hear anyone abusing the waterboys, medical staff or other volunteers of Port. The abuse is of a guy who constantly is flaunting the rules. Players and coaching staff are the only others from Port ive heard be abused.
Its only going to get worse until they are evicted, hopefully at seasons end

"I don't hear anyone abusing the waterboys etc...." Must be deaf in one ear.

Under estimate? ******* laughable.

Perhaps I am deaf because I havnt heard anything un-towards aimed at a Port waterboy or medico in many a years. Must say though I dont venture into the Western stand very often though. Port runners have always been fair game for opposition supporters though :D
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby RB » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:18 pm

another grub wrote:Must be within the rules if umpires not acting.

You have an unusual amount of faith in the SANFL umpires...
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby another grub » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:31 pm

If its allowed then why isnt your runner doing it, if it is that big an advantage?

Obviously its allowed if the umpires arent paying a free?
another grub
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:55 pm

another grub wrote:If its allowed then why isnt your runner doing it, if it is that big an advantage?

Obviously its allowed if the umpires arent paying a free?

Morally and of course its also something called SPORTMANSHIPand it is not allowed.

However the PAFC always have been known for grabbing every bit of advantage to win a game at any cost shame on ya all.

Maybe its about time the SANFL re define the runners role of ie enter the field deliver the message and exit PRONTO .

Failure to do so will result in a warning by the umps and then a ban of the clubs runner for the duration of the game.

This for sure will nip it in the bud.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby another grub » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:08 pm

Its not allowed in the rule book but the umpires allow it.

Do you agree with that?
another grub
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:52 pm

As a supporter is fair to say it’s rather disappointing that one of our members and or supporters would racially vilify anyone. But to eco Johns comments, one idiot should not taint the entire group. I also will say I don’t recall hearing anything at all in this nature that was directed toward the Port runner/plodder.
Firstly, lets just for a second put aside the No AFL in the SANFL fight, yes I agree and we all get it, but just in this moment this is not the issue. Also yes he was breaking the rules and yes Port is have will always be a bunch of scumbags from the Wharf. But I for one am very disappointed that a Norwood supporter has chosen the avenue of racial abuse.
Its simply not on and we as a club wont tolerate this and as a football community it also shouldn’t be tolerated.
Simply has no place for it in our game.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby tkr » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:26 am

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
another grub wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:I gave Warrior pelters all day for being an overweight Port cheat from the Western Stand and am happy to do it all again tomorrow.

Pretty poor way to treat anyone. Let alone a past player of your club. Setting a good example there topsy.

*IMHO

You got it right, past player.
Now he deserves to cop the abuse at SANFL games as does anyone involved in the 2 AFL sides.
As long as its not racist everything else is fair game.

Constant abuse of people doing what they love like volunteering at a footy club, running water, team management etc. Yeah, you're going about it the right way.

Hero. Why would you abuse someone who is just helping their club out, doing what they've probably done for years and someone who had nothing to do with the current SANFL structure? It borders on stupidity. Might as well yell at the wall. But, if it fills your heart with delight, makes you feel big, good luck to you.

I don't often agree with a Port supporter but having been a volunteer for footy clubs for over 20 years, I think Booney is correct on everything he has said!
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Never felt the need to abuse a runner. Except for David Arnfield. Make of that what you will. He's the only one I noticed. Blocking up space in a manner which would make Ross Lyon blush. GTFO.

Repeated abuse? CBF.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby twosheds » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:33 am

another grub wrote:Its not allowed in the rule book but the umpires allow it.

Do you agree with that?

So you believe that umpires pay a free for every infringement of the rules ? Yes ? I have a bridge in Sydney you may be interested in at a good price. :lol:
If you mounted a little less specious argument then you may get taken seriously.
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL