Hogg Premier League 2015

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Hogg Premier League 2015

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Round 14 Preview

With just four matches to go until finals the battle is on for finals spots and the fight to avoid relegation will be just as fierce. Has Been continues to head the field and somehow, Ecky and Honey Badgers are still in the hot seat despite being better scorers than some above. Some crucial battles this week and scores should be up as the unscheduled fourth bye round is now over. The majority of this week’s matches look like they are going to be very close indeed..we could even get a draw somewhere this round.

Les’s Men vs. Has Been – MATCH OF THE ROUND
Has Been has taken all before them this season and will face fierce opposition in the form of third ranked Les’s Men. Has Been looks to have the numbers here so it’s another win to the Beaners and a bit of heat heading Les’s way. My tip – Has Been

REBCats vs. SHARKS
Enough of this losing shit. The SHARKS don’t look quite as fierce as they did earlier in the year and it appears Spiro has continued on with some speculatative picks that don’t appear to have paid off. My fleet of Swannies are going to rip it up so I reckon Spiro is mine. My tip – REBCats

Q Before You vs. Cotch Lickers
These two top eight sides square off in a big match as Q and CoverKing put their hands up to make the top four this season. The projections say Cotch but I’m liking Q to pull his normal last minute master stroke to sink CoverKing. My tip – Q Before You

Ecky’s Fevolas vs. Honey Badgers
The Badgers have hit the trading table hard in recent weeks in an attempt to stay up (know the feeling dude) while Ecky has been timing his bold run to ninth to perfection. Projections say that the 17th and 18th teams in the league are both going to top 2300 this week. No wonder I cannot get a win! My tip – Ecky’s Fevolas

wycbloods vs. Buddy Franklin
Projections say bloods is going to shit this one in. Come on Buddy do the right thing and beat the league’s lowest scorer. I don’t fancy being in the bottom two next week! Projections are vey harsh on Buddy this week, wouldn’t have minded that outcome a few weeks ago. I reckon Projections are bollocks and Buddy will come through and save my arse. My tip – Buddy Franklin

Longwood Lions vs. Captain Who?
What happens when Alaska has his best Premier League season while the Captain has one of his poorer ones? The answer to that is a three game buffer to the Captain. For that reason I reckon Groover will have the answers and keep up with the Joneses who hope to make the top four. My tip – Captain Who?

Ben Rolfsburgers vs. Squeakeroos DTC
Squeaky has been punching above his weight for weeks but I reckon he’ll get found out by the Rolfs in this match. The Rolfs look very strong and while Squeaky has had some fine wins this season this one might be beyond him. My tip – Ben Rolfsburgers

Cork in the Ocean vs. Underdogs
This will be yet another close match, perhaps the closest of the round. Underdogs are up to their usual tricks of scoring points but not winning matches and Corky has been Corky as they once again look set to make the eight. Normally in situations like these I pick Gibbo because she scores so well but she keeps getting done so I’m all over Corky here, but not in a Bruce way. My tip – Cork in the Ocean

Hondo SCC vs. Peptide Army
Both of these sides have been a bit of a non event this season. If you’ve lost to the REBCats this year you are really on the nose. So it will be with hankies over faces for the fans of these two with the winner remaining relevant and the other quite rightly heading towards the arse end of the ladder. So who belongs there? The answer is obvious. My tip – Hondo SCC

regards,

REB
Last edited by Rik E Boy on Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Q. » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:20 pm

Only four matches until finals? Why the **** have I been hoarding trades?!
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Ecky » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:11 am

Rik E Boy wrote:Round 14 Preview

The Badgers have hit the trading table hard in recent weeks in an attempt to stay up (know the feeling dude) while Ecky has been timing his bold run to ninth to perfection. Projections say that the 17th and 18th teams in the league are both going to top 2300 this week. No wonder I cannot get a win! My tip – Ecky’s Fevolas

I've got pretty much a complete team with basically the best players in every line, 9 trades left and yet I'm still unlikely to beat the 18th ranked team and could easily get relegated! Even after rolling the dice and bringing Ablett in for my final midfield upgrade this week (until someone gets injured).
John Olsen, June 2012 wrote:"Reserves teams in the SANFL for the two AFL clubs is not negotiable.
We will not compromise the SANFL competition (with AFL reserves teams)."
Ecky
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 79 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby CoverKing » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:53 am

Q. wrote:Only four matches until finals? Why the **** have I been hoarding trades?!

Have/will you trade this week Q? Got you in cash league aswell.

I had to get rid of Ivan Maric cause couldn't play one short. Welcome Goldstein to the team.
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Q. » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:54 am

Traded in Houli for Oxley last night. Will trade in Jack Steele for cash.
Q.
Coach

Postby CoverKing » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:21 pm

Q. wrote:Traded in Houli for Oxley last night. Will trade in Jack Steele for cash.

Building up a good side. Glad you got Houli in the end since I got him.
CoverKing
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:39 pm

Ecky wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Round 14 Preview

I've got pretty much a complete team with basically the best players in every line, 9 trades left and yet I'm still unlikely to beat the 18th ranked team and could easily get relegated! Even after rolling the dice and bringing Ablett in for my final midfield upgrade this week (until someone gets injured).

You won't get relegated Ecky. You haven't played me yet and my team has stuffed. I've had Sloane, Ablett, Bartel, Rockliff, smith..if they've copped concussion subs or LTIs I've had em. I'm still two players short and that doesn't include Ebert who suddenly get a kick.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:42 pm

Round 14

REBCats 2364
SHARKS 2301

Has Been 2499
Les's Men 2372

Cotch Lickers 2537
Q Before You 2283

Honey Badgers 2660
Eckys Fevolas 2542

wycbloods 2270
Buddy Franklin 2185

Longwood Lions 2696
Captain Who? 2474

Squeakeroos DTC 2597
Ben Rolfsburgers 2567

Cork in the Ocean 2431
Underdogs 2224

Hondo SCC 2474
Peptide Army 2203

Ladder

1 Has Been 11 3 29635 28420 104.28 44
2 Squeakeroos DTC 10 4 29246 28062 104.22 40
3 Cotch Lickers 9 5 29000 28250 102.65 36
4 Cork in the Ocean 9 5 28640 28061 102.06 36
5 Les's Men 9 5 29253 29277 99.92 36
6 Hondo SCC 8 6 29412 28763 102.26 32
7 Ben Rolfsburgers 8 6 29841 29405 101.48 32
8 Captain Who? 8 6 29119 28900 100.76 32

9 Q Before You 8 6 28581 28769 99.35 32
10 Longwood Lions 6 8 29002 28791 100.73 24
11 Underdogs 6 8 28875 29033 99.46 24
12 SHARKS 6 8 28187 29034 97.08 24
13 Peptide Army 6 8 27907 28820 96.83 24
14 Buddy Franklin 5 9 28353 28438 99.70 20
15 REBCats 5 9 28590 29008 98.56 20
16 wycbloods 5 9 27316 28695 95.19 20
17 Honey Badgers 4 10 28880 29546 97.75 16
18 Ecky's Fevolas 3 11 29162 29727 98.10 12

With just three weeks to go the focus is right on who is going to make the eight and who is going to be going around again in Hogg Premier next season. The top nine sides have cleared out from the bottom nine with Q the only side outside of the eight that has any realistic chance of qualifying for the finals. Longwood Lions and Underdogs have a decent percentage but you can't see any of the top eight dropping all three to open the door. This means the fight for the eight probably won't be decided until the last match of the last round.

The relegation battle is on in earnest right now. Ecky's Fevolas continued on their run of high scoring losses and this week's results did him no favours at all. ALL of his relegation rivals scored wins including the relegation favourites REBCats and wycbloods. It was a massive round this week as Ecky played Honey Badgers who had to score a massive 2660 just to climb to 17th on the ladder. That just shows how bloody tough this league is. wycbloods got an important four points when they cleaned up a misfiring Buddy Franklin who is now in the gun in terms of relegation with four teams below them appearing to be ready to swamp them.

Top score of a high scoring round was Longwood Lions with a massive 2696 which is the highest score in the league so far this year. Squeakeroos scored another massive win to remain near the top of the ladder and it was a good result this week for the more experienced Premier League sides with Les's Men, SHARKS and the Rolfs all getting cleaned up. Nine horse race with the bottom five or six looking to avoid that drop. Some good sides are going to go down and at least one good side won't be in the finals.

regards,

REB
Last edited by Rik E Boy on Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby CoverKing » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:05 pm

it looks like it's going to be a good finish to the year. Many sides can win it this year.
CoverKing
Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:40 pm

Cue 'Operation Get GAJ'
Q.
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:55 pm

Q. wrote:Cue 'Operation Get GAJ'

Let me get him in first, then if he can survive that, it's good to go.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby CoverKing » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:21 pm

Q. wrote:Cue 'Operation Get GAJ'

I'm hoping to get him just before the finals. He will be a necessity come then I think
CoverKing
Coach

Postby Groover » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:10 am

U gotta stop tipping me REB!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 386 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Banker » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:23 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:The relegation battle is on in earnest right now. Ecky's Fevolas continued on their run of high scoring losses and this week's results did him no favours at all. ALL of his relegation rivals scored wins including the relegation favourites REBCats and wycbloods. It was a massive round this week as Ecky played Honey Badgers who had to score a massive 2660 just to climb to 17th on the ladder. That just shows how bloody tough this league is. wycbloods got an important four points when they cleaned up a misfiring Buddy Franklin who is now in the gun in terms of relegation with four teams below them appearing to be ready to swamp them.

Bad luck Ecky, must say I thought you had me until Fyfe decided to give away 48 free kicks in the first qtr. Sucks for both of us that WYC and REB pulled a win out of their arse too! Surely the SC gods will even up the 'Points Against' in the final few weeks for us??

REB- The Lions scored 2696 with the Bont on the bench! Surely you will tip them this week against the Badgers? :twisted:
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:46 pm

Banker wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:The relegation battle is on in earnest right now. Ecky's Fevolas continued on their run of high scoring losses and this week's results did him no favours at all. ALL of his relegation rivals scored wins including the relegation favourites REBCats and wycbloods. It was a massive round this week as Ecky played Honey Badgers who had to score a massive 2660 just to climb to 17th on the ladder. That just shows how bloody tough this league is. wycbloods got an important four points when they cleaned up a misfiring Buddy Franklin who is now in the gun in terms of relegation with four teams below them appearing to be ready to swamp them.

Bad luck Ecky, must say I thought you had me until Fyfe decided to give away 48 free kicks in the first qtr. Sucks for both of us that WYC and REB pulled a win out of their arse too! Surely the SC gods will even up the 'Points Against' in the final few weeks for us??

REB- The Lions scored 2696 with the Bont on the bench! Surely you will tip them this week against the Badgers? :twisted:

I'll keep tipping you and Ecky every week. 8)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Alaska » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:17 pm

Banker wrote:

Good bench options are hard to find with plenty of trades and $$$ I might bring in Rocky this week to cover the Mid bench?
Although I will look at your team first! ;)
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Banker » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:41 pm

You'll need it for Adams!
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:43 pm

Round 15 Preview

Three to go lads (and Sharksta) with all to play for. The final eight appears to be between nine sides so nothing will be decided on that score as early as this week. The relegation battle is on like Donkey Kong though with some high scoring teams currently sitting in the hot seat.

Cork in the Ocean vs. Captain Who? MATCH OF THE ROUND
This match between two former Hogg Premier League champions has top four implications with Corky just starting to generate some real momentum in their flag defence and Groover going beautifully until I select the Captain to win. Projections has this one comfortably to Groover but I’m going to do him a favour and select Corky who I reckon is timing his run beautifully and might have a trick or two up his sleeve. My tip – Cork in the Ocean

REBCats vs. Les’s Men
The Cats are probably a win short of ensuring Premier League survival but face a tough run home. Les’s Men haven’t done a lot wrong this season but recent form suggests they are off the pace a tad as compared to earlier in the season. Having said that though, I expect the Lezzes to bounce back against a side that has never beaten them in the Hogg Shield. My tip – Les’s Men

Q Before You vs. SHARKS
If the Q Man drops this match it opens the door somewhat for aspiring teams hoping to climb back into the finals hunt. Q has been a bit inconsistent and badly needs to string some form together with the finals only a few weeks away and gets his chance against the SHARKS who have struggled to put wins on the board over the past two months. Q should shut the door on Spiro and maybe a few other coaches as well in this match. My tip – Q Before You

Eckys Fevolas vs. Has Been
This one is almost match of the round status even if it is top against bottom. Ecky’s side is stacked with guns yet somehow they only have three wins to their name after 14 outings. Ecky’s strategy of biding their time early and roaring home has worked in terms of points scored and team value, but not in premiership wins. Ironically, if they made the eight the Fevs would be a genuine contender. There couldn’t be a worse time for the Fevs to play the top side but Eckys aren’t out of this. I reckon they’ll get the job done even though I’m hoping Has Been gets the chocolates to put the heat on Ecky. My tip – Eckys Fevolas

wycbloods vs. Cotch Lickers
There will be no brotherly love in this clash as the boys duke it out in this important match. Cotch has been building beautifully in recent weeks and is set for a decent crack at the flag and can’t afford to drop the four points to one of the league’s struggling sides. It’s an even more important match for wycbloods who have a poorer percentage than their relegation rivals and thus need to win an additional match to avoid the drop. I can’t see bloods scoring enough points here and the heat will be on him after Cotch gets the win. My tip – Cotch Lickers

Longwood Lions vs. Honey Badgers
Alaska has assembled a crack squad of guns and plenty of current top eight sides will be hoping he drops one of his last three matches and misses the eight. The Lions roared last week and I reckon they will show plenty of pride before the season is out. In their sights this week is the Honey Badgers who won a crucial match against Ecky last week to get off the bottom of the ladder. Other results weren’t kind to the Badgers last week but unfortunately for him this week’s result won’t be kind to him either. My tip – Longwood Lions

Ben Rolfsburgers vs. Buddy Franklin
The Rolfs have been brought back to the pack many times this season when seemingly they had a top four spot there for the taking. This week they should once again surge up the ladder as they are playing Buddy Franklin who are going through a bit of dry spell when it comes to scoring. Buddy will be closely monitoring the results of wycbloods and REBCats matches because all of a sudden their drop off in form has led to them being dragged into the relegation bunfight. Buddy needs one more to be safe but it won’t be this one. My tip – Ben Rolfsburgers

Hondo SCC vs. Squeakeroos DTC
Squeaky has convinced me that his Roos are genuine contenders for the flag after some powerful wins in recent weeks. Hondo is the perennial challenger who has had more than a few ups and downs this season that are once again in the top eight. If Squeaky is to complete his transformation from lower table battler to premiership contender this is a test he must pass. I’m liking Squeaky in this one to continue Hondo’s roller coaster season. My tip – Squeakeroos DTC

Peptide Army vs. Underdogs
Peptide Army is the Nick Kyrigos of the Premier League as does more tanking than the Carlton Football Club. His whole approach is keeping the power dry until he needs it and not really bothering all that much if he feels he can’t win the match. This round will determine whether this strategy is a goer or a gonner. The Underdogs look like missing the eight again despite being a good scorer again but a win against Hammo here leaves the door open. If ever Peptide needs dry powder it’s now. His percentage is the worst in the league and they can’t afford to drop into the relegation zone and one more win should save him. I’m backing Hammo to win this even though I’d get plenty of chuckles out of a Peptide loss. My tip – Peptide Army

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby One Club Player » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:13 pm

Ecky's has got me covered already. 4 of my 6 uniques have played for scores of 58,72,72,78. both vc'd Goldy, both got Ablett.

2 of my 4 losses will have been against the bottom placed side!
One Club Player
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Ecky » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:37 am

One Club Player wrote:Ecky's has got me covered already. 4 of my 6 uniques have played for scores of 58,72,72,78. both vc'd Goldy, both got Ablett.

2 of my 4 losses will have been against the bottom placed side!

Yep, very unlucky that even with Goldstein captain plus Ablett, the top team has no chance of beating the bottom team already on Saturday! :shock:
Rarely do you see only 6 unique players too.
John Olsen, June 2012 wrote:"Reserves teams in the SANFL for the two AFL clubs is not negotiable.
We will not compromise the SANFL competition (with AFL reserves teams)."
Ecky
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 79 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy