HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby rock » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:01 am

Page 33 of today's paper. Looks like hasbeen and Supercoach were on the money... so to speak.
rock
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby spot on » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:29 pm

I see where Jars played B Grade for Ironbank yesterday, must have a lot of injuries.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:45 pm

spot on wrote:I see where Jars played B Grade for Ironbank yesterday, must have a lot of injuries.

Quite a few injuries in both grades at the minute Spot on. That's the way footy goes sometimes, we have had quite a few injuries in juniors also but it was good to see all sides fight hard yesterday and the A grade after quarter time were terrific yesterday and almost managed to get over the line but just fell short in the end. Jars is quite helpful to some of the younger B grade guys with his voice and really helps them out whilst playing which is good to see.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby 19thman » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:06 am

This is crazy. If it comes out that Echunga were using this money to fund players will they be stripped of premeirships?
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Panther32 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:11 am

19thman wrote:This is crazy. If it comes out that Echunga were using this money to fund players will they be stripped of premeirships?

I doubt it, would the league even care where the money comes from?!
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:17 am

Has he been suspended from coaching the club?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby cracka » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:21 am

Dutchy wrote:Has he been suspended from coaching the club?

Last I heard the club was fully supporting him (2nd hand info from the SGM they had) but that was a few weeks ago.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby overthehill » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:54 pm

is it true the Echunga Football Club have appointment Bronwyn Bishop as their interim coach pending an investigation?
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:57 pm

overthehill wrote:is it true the Echunga Football Club have appointment Bronwyn Bishop as their interim coach pending an investigation?

No
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Milly » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:42 am

cracka wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Has he been suspended from coaching the club?

Last I heard the club was fully supporting him (2nd hand info from the SGM they had) but that was a few weeks ago.

Looks like he coaching till at least October now
Under 16s

Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby batmanbegins » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:40 pm

Onkas v Echunga- The Dees had a cracking come from behind last weekend against the Dorf to almost cement their top 3 spot, the doggies on the other hand were defeated by Uraidla quite comfortably. The old boys of Onkas were very good last week as Klun, Tanner, mcgahey and a returning Massie were there better players as is usually the case against Uris as the younger boys can struggle with their physicality. Lindsay and Jennings (again) dominated last week for echunga but young Miller also stepped up and played well. One big issue for Onkas will be how they do stop Cranna and to put it bluntly they can't with their lack of a ruckman. The pace of echunga will worry Onkas also but if the weather forecast is correct and it rains the Dogs are a sneaky chance as there big body midfielders may be able to get on top. Carey's out which hurts plus Aish is a bit down on form but I expect he will respond this week. I'm going to tip an upset in the wet with Onkas winning by a goal.
Blackwood v Hahndorf- This game is huge as both teams are vying for that 5th spot, the Dorf are slipping with 4 losses on the trot (they do have an easier last 3 weeks however) that they won't want to make 5 in a row. The woods have also lost 2 in a row to Echunga and TV and didn't appear to look like winning either after poor starts. Once again for the Woodies Thompson dominated down back last week and if he gets Hourigan this week it should be a cracking match up as Hourigan appeared to be the magpies only avenue to goal last week kicking 3 of their 4 goals. In the wet this will be a hard match to call as both teams have solidly built midfielders that can thrive in the mud of Blackwood oval. Paul, tripodi and Male against Edwards, Ridley and the ever improving Catford will be a decisive point in this game as whichever midfield gets on top will win the game for their team. The Roberts boys will wear down Herbert in the ruck also which could advantage the Dorf. I think the slight midfield edge goes to hahndorf which will give them the win as both defences are very even. Hahndorf by 2 goals.
Lofty v uraidla- lofty were flogged by barker last week in a disappointing performance, whilst Uris did what they do and win again. This is going to be played in the mud pit of lofty oval which suits the big men of Uraidla and I can't see lofty getting to close in this one but I said that last time they played and lofty almost won. Uris are getting back to full strength also with Delvins returning and kluvanek having returned the last month from sturt. Burch and Stevens will be important this week for lofty as their big bodies in the middle will be needed against Delvins and the McLean boys. I think lofty with Oheril may be able to contain down plus the wet may nullify him a bit. Nielsen will need a big day if he's up forward for lofty otherwise they may struggle to score, although Hammond was in good form last week and Clements can kick a bag. Problem is Uris are so good defensively so I think they will keep lofty to 3 goals or less and win by 5 goals.
TV v lobethal- I saw lobe last week and they started of brilliantly but then almost blew it against the thunderers which sums up their inconsistent season, at least this time they held on though. TV had another win and just keep ticking along, they would be hoping to lock up top place in the final month. For lobe last week their key players dominated particularly early, Baust and Wills were the best two players on the ground comfortably but had help from the jenkin boys and bampton. Those 5 lads may need a bit more help though this week against a formidable TV outfit led O'Sullivan. Giadresco is dominating for TV and lobe must watch him closely, boras and Ellis kicked 2 between them last week which is a rarity and wouldn't expect that to be the case tomorrow. The wet will suit TV as they are well adapt to wet weather footy where as lobe appear to struggle with it and I think it will show tomorrow with TV winning easy by 7 goals unfortunately.
Ironbank v Barker- Barker are on a roll with 4 on the trot after dismantling lofty last week, ironbank were much better last week and if they kicked straighter may have snatched a win but just fell short. Hughes and block are dominating for barker at the minute and the Bankers must control them to be a chance, obushak also returned which is a handy inclusion as shown last week. Hitchcock was exceptional last week and was a big reason the bankers got close, Bakers tackling pressure was enormous and you would expect him to get Hughes or Block. With no Motlop it was nice to see young Watton stand up in the forward line and look dangerous, plus Tags almost won the game off his own boot in the last quarter with a couple of scintillating goals. With the form Barker are in at the moment and their young players really stepping up and supporting the older guys it's hard to see the Bankers getting up. The wet will make this a close affair and maybe suit the smaller forward line of ironbank but barker have a bit to much class in the middle. Barker by 2 goals.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby rock » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:34 pm

Who is the foul mouthed B grade runner come A grade "waterboy" for Mt Barker. Does he have a mental illness or is he just a complete flog. I never heard so much swearing with so many kids in the area. Not sure what it was over but it was disgusting behaviour. I guess it's true what they say, Mt Barker is the Elizabeth of the Hills area.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:08 pm

Looking at the results of the Echunga vs. Onkas games on the weekend, maybe everyone needs to accept that Onkas are a Division 2 club.

I can't recall a time where Echunga have won the Senior Colts, B grade and A grade on the same day. I wonder if Onkas will take the relegation with grace, or will they go down kicking and screaming.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Peakedinhighschool » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:58 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:Looking at the results of the Echunga vs. Onkas games on the weekend, maybe everyone needs to accept that Onkas are a Division 2 club.

I can't recall a time where Echunga have won the Senior Colts, B grade and A grade on the same day. I wonder if Onkas will take the relegation with grace, or will they go down kicking and screaming.

Can't imagine they will go down without a fight after what happened last year with echunga. Every club would do what ever they could to stay in central division right now, even if that means trying to throw another club under the relegation bus.
Peakedinhighschool
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby overthehill » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:02 pm

Will MaGahey go around again next year? its been a while since I've seen Onkas be hands down the worst team in the comp?
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby saintal » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:42 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:Looking at the results of the Echunga vs. Onkas games on the weekend, maybe everyone needs to accept that Onkas are a Division 2 club.

Latest standings see Onkas falling further behind and Echunga climbing a few spots:

Hahndorf 264
Blackwood 245
Lobethal 215
Uraidla 200
Mt Barker 176
T- Valley 153
Echunga 135
Mt Lofty 129
Ironbank 123
Onka Valley 85
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby lovethefooty » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:13 am

are points for the finals series included in the relegation decision???
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby cracka » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:21 am

No. Wouldn't help us anyway as we don't have a side in finals contention
cracka
Veteran

Postby lovethefooty » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:55 am

that doesn't bode well cracka.
the feeling at the club must be one of frustration.
any light at the end of the tunnel??
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby cracka » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:02 pm

Yeah we've had a shocking run with injuries the last couple of years. We were able to cover it last year but not this year for some reason.
Fair to say our recruiting hasn't been good for a few years. Had a heap of last year's senior colts play A's this year though so that's a positive. Would love to have our 5 Norwood (4 league & 1 ressie) boys back, that would help a lot.
We will fight to stay in Div 1 but the rules are clear & a 12 team div 1 won't come in till 2017 unless there is a change of minds between now & December.
We may have become a bit complacent thinking it wouldn't happen to us. Really our only hope is no one nominates to come up or another div 1 club can't field the compulsory 4 sides. Have heard TV won't have the numbers for junior colts next year but that is 2nd hand info.
cracka
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy