wubsy's Sydney thread

Talk on the national game

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:45 am

helicopterking wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Roo and Ditts are a disgrace!!! Heaven forbid someone actually defend Goodes...

Some are allowed to have a different opinion without the risk of being labelled Racist.

Where did i say that?

They said "we aren't taking sides BUT", then a caller comes on and gives some very good points on the side of goodes, which he was the only one and Roo asks stupid questions and than they cut him off...

People are saying they started boonig mostly after the spearing incident, which is BS, was happening before that.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby MW » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:47 am

The spearing incident was in retaliation to the booing. The booing started at the game v hawks a couple weeks before it
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby TEX07 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:57 am

IMO booing in general is bogan! My boy did it because some other Crows fans were doing it last year at a game and I quickly pulled his head in. If I was in Goodes shoes it would do my head in! I wouldn't boo myself but can kind of understand when someone does something in a game that the fans don't like but to go on week in, week out, is really just plain dumb. I really hope the exposure now will force them all to stop - although this should have been the case weeks ago.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:58 am

MW wrote:The spearing incident was in retaliation to the booing. The booing started at the game v hawks a couple weeks before it

it started well before the hawks game.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:05 am

MW wrote:Do I think the booing is racist? No
Do I think some people booing are racist? Yes
Do I think Adam Goodes is a knob? Yes
Do I think he deserves to be systematically booed for every possession? No
Do I think this is a form of bullying which IMO is the bigger issue? Yes

Couldn't of put it better myself!!!!!

IMHO the booing by people who are being racist would be lower than 5%. IMho it's generaly about a dislike for a person, there was already a element in disgust about his australian of the year award (personally I think sportspeople get slightly exaggerated but I believe he was a worthy winner) then there was the gorilla gate where people feel he overreacted to a young child who didn't know what she was doing (maybe the case) The reports he got for his sliding in with the knees were also very unpopular at the time. Throw in the 'sooking' about being booed and there is generally a character 'bogan australia' won't like.

Unfortunatly this has 'faze' type thing has become part of modes society, especially with social media these days 'crazes'grow legs rapidly.

As much as I would never 'boo' an opposition player I think Goodes could have handled this a lot better, one of the first things you are taught in kindy is if people tease etc the best way is to ignore it and it will go away.

I would hate to see how would react if he was playing in the EPL and 20-40k started to singing some 'witty humorous' song about him

It's acutally sad on the AFLs behalf that out of all the amazing skills on offer in the game this is the lead story for this competition
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am

whufc wrote:

IMHO the booing by people who are being racist would be lower than 5%. IMho it's generaly about a dislike for a person, there was already a element in disgust about his australian of the year award (personally I think sportspeople get slightly exaggerated but I believe he was a worthy winner) then there was the gorilla gate where people feel he overreacted to a young child who didn't know what she was doing (maybe the case) The reports he got for his sliding in with the knees were also very unpopular at the time. Throw in the 'sooking' about being booed and there is generally a character 'bogan australia' won't like.

Unfortunatly this has 'faze' type thing has become part of modes society, especially with social media these days 'crazes'grow legs rapidly.

As much as I would never 'boo' an opposition player I think Goodes could have handled this a lot better, one of the first things you are taught in kindy is if people tease etc the best way is to ignore it and it will go away.

I would hate to see how would react if he was playing in the EPL and 20-40k started to singing some 'witty humorous' song about him

It's acutally sad on the AFLs behalf that out of all the amazing skills on offer in the game this is the lead story for this competition

When will people realise he didn't ask to be given the award????
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:09 am

TEX07 wrote:IMO booing in general is bogan! My boy did it because some other Crows fans were doing it last year at a game and I quickly pulled his head in. If I was in Goodes shoes it would do my head in! I wouldn't boo myself but can kind of understand when someone does something in a game that the fans don't like but to go on week in, week out, is really just plain dumb. I really hope the exposure now will force them all to stop - although this should have been the case weeks ago.

If anything the exposure will make it grow like it did the first time when he and the swans came out complaining.

How do you evict someone for booing, what happens if they boo a 'white' or 'Asian' footballer, the umpire, their own coach do they also get kicked out.

All parties, the swans, Adam Goodes, , the AFL, the media need to turn this into a non issue and it will die quicker than it rose
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:10 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
whufc wrote:

Agree but I dont think we can deny that he wasn't the most popular winner amongst the average punter
whufc
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:15 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
MW wrote:The spearing incident was in retaliation to the booing. The booing started at the game v hawks a couple weeks before it

Probably. I thought it all started cause the Hawks supporters are filthy Goodes got Australian of the Year over Crawford after his raising of $2m for cancer research.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:32 am

MW wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Probably. I thought it all started cause the Hawks supporters are filthy Goodes got Australian of the Year over Crawford after his raising of $2m for cancer research.

Just goes to show how stupid people are.. You HAVE to be nominated to win it. Crawford was NOT nominated.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:33 am

whufc wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
whufc wrote:

Agree but I dont think we can deny that he wasn't the most popular winner amongst the average punter

wasn't popular yes. Wasn't his fault still... .
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:47 am

Ben Cousins - drug addict, brakes the law - loved, given chance after chance
Shane Warne (who i am a fan off) - cheats on his missus, banned from his sport for taking a band substance, carrying on like a pork chop, does do alot for charity - as above

Cathy Freeman - proud of her heritage, outspoken regarding aboriginal issues, wore aboriginal flag after winning gold (slammed), won australian of the year (people said she only won it because the colour of her skin), lit the couldron for the 2000 olympics (people gave the same reason for the AOTY award), a great role model for kids around the country - loathed by many

Adam Goodes - proud of his heritage, outspoken regarding aboriginal issues, won australian of the year (people said she only won it because the colour of his skin), tremendous amount of charity work, ambassador for domestic violence - loathed

i understand why people dislike goodes, do i agree with it no, as i pointed out with the brief examples above people have done far worse than him but are aussie hero's... i feel there is something wrong with that.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:50 am

Yep that goes real deep imho, it's an Australian culture issue, take Ned Kelly for example.

Mundine is another one who rubs people up the wrong way and is very much unliked, yet compared to Ben Cousins his close to a saint.
Last edited by whufc on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby Jase » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:52 am

I've got a mate who is a proud indigenous young man, who thinks Adam Goodes is an absolute toss pot (as a footballer) and would have no problems giving him a hard time when he is on the field... he has openly stated that while Goodes has done many good things for their people, he is also hurting the reconciliation process at the same time...

It's an interesting and complex issue...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Jase » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:57 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Adam Goodes - proud of his heritage, outspoken regarding aboriginal issues, won australian of the year (people said she only won it because the colour of his skin), tremendous amount of charity work, ambassador for domestic violence - loathed

Wow... He's a She?

Now it get's really complex

(sorry couldn't resist) :)
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:59 am

Jase wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Wow... He's a She?

Now it get's really complex

(sorry couldn't resist) :)

yeah bad copy paste work from the cathy freeman part...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:09 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Ben Cousins - drug addict, brakes the law - loved, given chance after chance
Shane Warne (who i am a fan off) - cheats on his missus, banned from his sport for taking a band substance, carrying on like a pork chop, does do alot for charity - as above

Cathy Freeman - proud of her heritage, outspoken regarding aboriginal issues, wore aboriginal flag after winning gold (slammed), won australian of the year (people said she only won it because the colour of her skin), lit the couldron for the 2000 olympics (people gave the same reason for the AOTY award), a great role model for kids around the country - loathed by many

i understand why people dislike goodes, do i agree with it no, as i pointed out with the brief examples above people have done far worse than him but are aussie hero's... i feel there is something wrong with that.

Freeman was only slammed by that Arthur Tunstall. He was slammed for his comments. Nobody else had an issue with it.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:16 am

stan wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Ben Cousins - drug addict, brakes the law - loved, given chance after chance

Freeman was only slammed by that Arthur Tunstall. He was slammed for his comments. Nobody else had an issue with it.

My memory on these things isn't great but did the 'space suit' divide opinion and create chat about the 'credibility' of her gold

Or am I imagining that!
whufc
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:19 am

stan wrote:

Bollocks.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:22 am

whufc wrote:Mundine is another one who rubs people up the wrong way and is very much unliked, yet compared to Ben Cousins his close to a saint.

Mundine does it for the publicity, he draws the crowd and he essentially brings Australian Boxing and Aboriginality to the forefront..

Unless you're a little outspoken, the Australian public don't want to know about a hard working successful Aboriginal lad - look at all the people who seem to make headlines or gain support - they're either "battlers/underdogs" or outspoken.

How many people would've heard of Daniel Geale before he fought Mundine? Another proud Aboriginal lad but quiet about his business.
What about Rocky Jerkic? Could potentially be the greatest Aboriginal boxer Australia has ever produced but I doubt anyone knows who he is.

What frustrates me the most with people who jump on the Mundine and/or Goodes hate wagon is the fact most don't even seem to know why they dislike them - they're just sheep following the crowd.. Sure they throw out the same repetitive comments they read everywhere "he's a knob, he talks crap, he brings it on himself, he's a sook" - but challenge those people to provide examples and they're lost.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL