Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Kahuna » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:34 pm

Coach Bombay wrote:
Kahuna wrote:Where did I say they shouldn't?
You've jumped to a conclusion after I mentioned tolerance was a two way street.

Please tell me you are not against it?

I am ambivalent about it.
I struggle a bit with the zealotry of the pro side. Seems like dissenting opinions should be dismissed out of hand, ridiculed etc.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Jase » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:23 pm

I've said before that I'm a Christian fella and I don't really have an issue with Gay Marriage... in my opinion.

My sister in law is gay and she wants to marry her partner... that's cool by me. Having seen where she has come from, trying to commit suicide on more than one occassion, running away etc etc she then came out and she is a relatively normal person now... she is still a massive space cadet but she is happy...

I just am really disappointed in the vitriol from both sides of the equation, there is so much hatred and it is just really uncool... suggesting that if someones view differs from your own then they should kill themselves is irresponsible and down right stupid...

Suicide is not something to joke about... it has hit my family hard before and I really think that joking (or not) is just really poor form

Man that sounds a bit too hippy doesnt it...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Bully » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:58 am

people still get married these days ?

but on this , i remember a media report of a couple who had been married for so long, they came out after all this was announced and said if gay marriage is allowed, they would divorce . Thinking that because they will divorce it would stop it :lol: If someone or a married couple divorce over something like this then they were not truly in love anyway.

If someone cheats or abuses the other then fair enough divorce....
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:33 am

Ban all marriage. Problem solved.
You're welcome world.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2024 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby cracka » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:37 am

Wedgie wrote:Ban all marriage. Problem solved.
You're welcome world.

Good idea, 100% of all divorce is from being married in the first place. :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:44 am

Jase wrote:I've said before that I'm a Christian fella and I don't really have an issue with Gay Marriage... in my opinion.

My sister in law is gay and she wants to marry her partner... that's cool by me. Having seen where she has come from, trying to commit suicide on more than one occassion, running away etc etc she then came out and she is a relatively normal person now... she is still a massive space cadet but she is happy...

I just am really disappointed in the vitriol from both sides of the equation, there is so much hatred and it is just really uncool... suggesting that if someones view differs from your own then they should kill themselves is irresponsible and down right stupid...

Suicide is not something to joke about... it has hit my family hard before and I really think that joking (or not) is just really poor form

Mate, if only folks from both sides of the fence were more like you.

I think the key to understanding is a sense of perspective, and you seem to have that down pat.

The majority of my schooling was Christian, but I decided it wasn't for me. However, I won't knock anyone for having faith, as long as they're respectful about my beliefs (or lack thereof). I'll afford them the same courtesy in return.

For the most part, religion doesn't hurt anyone; it's just the extremists that **** it up for everyone else, and give them a bad name.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:50 am

cracka wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Ban all marriage. Problem solved.
You're welcome world.

Good idea, 100% of all divorce is from being married in the first place. :D

Marriage is fine, it's just unfortunate that like having children people can't be tested for suitability to the role before hand.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:54 am

Failed Creation wrote:
Jase wrote:I've said before that I'm a Christian fella and I don't really have an issue with Gay Marriage... in my opinion.

Mate, if only folks from both sides of the fence were more like you.

I think the key to understanding is a sense of perspective, and you seem to have that down pat.

The majority of my schooling was Christian, but I decided it wasn't for me. However, I won't knock anyone for having faith, as long as they're respectful about my beliefs (or lack thereof). I'll afford them the same courtesy in return.

For the most part, religion doesn't hurt anyone; it's just the extremists that **** it up for everyone else, and give them a bad name.

My thoughts too.

I went to church regularly basically up until university, and even went to a few of these Adelaide uni Christian fellowship thingys because one of my friends went there. And then I saw an Engineering student say that there has to be a god because if there wasnt it would violate the second law of thermodynamics. Now that was just about the biggest load of crap I had ever heard, and the way that otherwise rational people were tying themselves in knots trying to justify their beliefs confirmed in my head that none of that was real.

The other thing that really annoys me about Christianity (and other religions too) is that a TON of the teachings of Jesus were about tolerance, acceptance, helping out those in need, etc etc. Which is clearly a great thing. But then it comes to issues such as gay marriage and these same ideals are conveniently forgotten and this same section of the community becomes the most intolerant and bigoted group of people you could ever meet.

That incongruence is what leaves me bitter about the whole thing.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:06 am

Tricksy Jehovah's Witnesses.

Two weeks ago the J-Hos came around. I was caught by surprise so I heard them out and took their brochure. They asked if I was ever home on a Wednesday so they could come back and talk to me. I said 'Not really - occasionally, I guess.' So today I get a knock on the door. I realise it's Wednesday and think nope, I'm not answering the door. Then I hear a small child's voice and immediately assume it's my best mate, because she sometimes drops around with her little boy. I go to the door and it's the J-Hos holding a baby. ](*,) That's ten minutes of my life I won't get back.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:13 am

fisho mcspaz wrote:Tricksy Jehovah's Witnesses.

Two weeks ago the J-Hos came around. I was caught by surprise so I heard them out and took their brochure. They asked if I was ever home on a Wednesday so they could come back and talk to me. I said 'Not really - occasionally, I guess.' So today I get a knock on the door. I realise it's Wednesday and think nope, I'm not answering the door. Then I hear a small child's voice and immediately assume it's my best mate, because she sometimes drops around with her little boy. I go to the door and it's the J-Hos holding a baby. ](*,) That's ten minutes of my life I won't get back.

I had that once. One time my wife had an excuse as to why she couldnt talk to them, but then they came around the next two saturdays at the exact same time.

The thing i say to all of them is - I respect your right to believe in anything you want, but i also believe there are other avenues for people to find out this information, so im not going to need you knocking on my door
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:19 am

bennymacca wrote:

I had that once. One time my wife had an excuse as to why she couldnt talk to them, but then they came around the next two saturdays at the exact same time.

The thing i say to all of them is - I respect your right to believe in anything you want, but i also believe there are other avenues for people to find out this information, so im not going to need you knocking on my door

This is why I don't answer my front door or intercom without a prior phone call.

I don't like when people come over unannounced.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:25 am

Me, I'm just flat out rude to them and couldn't care less.

I've even challenged one to come into my yard one Saturday while gardening. He came in, I said "Take one more step, I dare you, I DOUBLE DARE YOU!".

I left the mother **** bit off the end.... :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:26 am

Used to love intercoms as a kid.

I used to love pressing them and running away :lol:

On East Terrace, all the fancy houses had them....
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:27 am

Booney wrote:I've even challenged one to come into my yard one Saturday while gardening. He came in, I said "Take one more step, I dare you, I DOUBLE DARE YOU!".

I would've been like "Challenge accepted, what prize do I get?" 8) :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:29 am

"Sorry, I can't talk right now. I was just going out to donate blood so somebody can have a life-saving transfusion."
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:29 am

Booney wrote:
I've even challenged one to come into my yard one Saturday while gardening. He came in, I said "Take one more step, I dare you, I DOUBLE DARE YOU!".

:

PHYSICAL CHALLENGE!!! :lol:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:36 am

Booney wrote:

Me, I'm just flat out rude to them and couldn't care less.

I left the mother **** bit off the end.... :lol:

That's the best approach. Being polite only encourages them. Mr McSpaz was polite to them once and they ended up writing him a two-page letter offering to send someone around to study the Bible with him. They offered to send a man if that would make him feel more comfortable. They intimated that he might go to hell if he didn't comply. After that incident we decided we would always tell them to f*** off. And we did, and it worked, but now they're on to it. They bring CHILDREN with them. Wearing suits, poor things. I can't swear at children. I'm just not going to answer the door on Wednesdays any more. I have every respect for one's religion, but I don't appreciate having it shoved down my throat. I don't go around to people's houses telling them 'I'm an atheist and atheism is the only real belief. If you don't agree then you'll vanish into the void. Here, let me explain to you what atheism is. You don't know what it is because only I know what it is.'
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Spargo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:42 am

Your local hardware store sells "Charity collectors, salespersons & religious groups please don't knock" signs for the front door at under $10.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:22 pm

Origin were giving out "**** off" stickers with their bills going back a couple of years ago, got one on the new house...it's a godsend!

Footy Chick

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:36 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Origin were giving out "**** off" stickers with their bills going back a couple of years ago, got one on the new house...it's a godsend!

Fantastic! :) I might ring up AGL and suggest they do the same, although seeing as it took them four phone calls and six months to disconnect the electricity from my old house (meanwhile connecting two different accounts in my name for the same house), it might take a while for them to understand the request.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion