wubsy's Sydney thread

Talk on the national game

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Postby therisingblues » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:00 pm

Wedgie wrote:Poor article IMHO, someone telling Adam how he should act and feel. No one has that right.
The way hes been treated and the things he's been called wouldn't upset me either, but it doesn't give me the right to tell him how to feel and act.

On the whole the article related to how the author feels impacted by Goodes' actions .What's wrong with him offering some advice at the end ?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:10 pm

Wedgie wrote:Poor article IMHO, someone telling Adam how he should act and feel. No one has that right.
The way hes been treated and the things he's been called wouldn't upset me either, but it doesn't give me the right to tell him how to feel and act.

I actually don't mind the article - a couple of points don't sit particularly well with me and I don't agree with, but not a bad article none the less.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:35 pm

this is a good point too
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Q. » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:32 pm

No 'spokesperson' speaks for everybody.

There's also no such thing as a perfect activist.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:11 pm

I might be controversial here, but the AFL and general populous have now determined that boo-ing anyone coloured is racist. I noted too that Harry O (formerly known as) was booed by Collingwood supporters, but yet nothing mentioned. Why?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby carey » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:49 pm

gadj1976 wrote:I might be controversial here, but the AFL and general populous have now determined that boo-ing anyone coloured is racist. I noted too that Harry O (formerly known as) was booed by Collingwood supporters, but yet nothing mentioned. Why?

Because it's all about 'Adam Goodes' not race. If it was about race why don't the other 70odd indingious players get booed? Answer because there not Dicks!

Maybe people don't want imaginary spears chucked at them, Just like Adam doesn't want to be booed????

Adam doesn't want to get booed yep, fair call.

Well don't call Australia Day 'invasion day' for a start amount a huge list of 'other' provocative acts. You provoke people they will react.

I've never Booed, I don't see the point in it but, this whole situation should be laughable but it can't be now as the level it has reached.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:11 am

Yeah I can't understand why an aboriginal wouldn't celebrate Australia Day and what it celebrates.... :shock:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:03 am

Its amazing with the amount of information, explanation and education there's been recently people continue to still make ridiculously ignorant comments on the issue. Its embarrassing.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:20 am

Wedgie wrote:Its amazing with the amount of information, explanation and education there's been recently people continue to still make ridiculously ignorant comments on the issue. Its embarrassing.

Well said...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:22 am

THE FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE ADAM GOODES 2014 AUSTRALIAN OF THE YEAR ACCEPTANCE SPEECH

“It’s an honour to win an award for doing stuff that you love and that you believe in. For me, I chose that life is all about actions and interactions. I believe that our choices and how we interact with each other creates our relationships and this in turn creates the environment that we live in.

Our environment shapes our communities which then shapes the country that we all live in. Growing up as an indigenous Australian I have experienced my fair share of racism. While it has been difficult a lot of the time, it has also taught me a lot and also shaped my values and what I believe in today. I believe racism is a community issue which we all need to address and that’s why racism stops with me.

There are always two ways we can look at a situation. We can choose to get angry. Or not. We can choose to help others. Or not. Or choose to be offended. Or not. We can keep our silence or educate ourselves and others about racism and minority populations.

It is not just about taking responsibility for your own actions but speaking to your mates when they take out their anger on their loved ones, minority groups or make racist remarks. It means treating people the way you want to be treated, whether that’s your manners, the way you talk to people, whether they are your loved ones or the person serving your dinner. It’s about how you choose to give back and make a difference to those around you, your community or your country that goes outside of just yourself.

I believe we are all connected whether we like it or not. We are all equal and the same in so many ways. My hope is that we as a nation can break down the silos between races, break down those stereotypes of minority populations, indigenous populations and all other minority groups. I hope we can be proud of our heritage regardless of the colour of our skin and be proud to be Australian.

I’m not here to tell you what to think, or how to act to raise your children. All I’m here to do is tell you about my experiences and hope you choose to be aware of your actions and interactions so that together we can eliminate racism.

I’m so grateful for this award and this honour, however the real reward is when everyone is talking to their mates, to their families and their children, having those conversations and educating others about racism. What it looks like, how hurtful and how pointless it is and how we can eliminate it.

The ultimate reward is when all Australians see each other as equals and treat each other as equals. To me, everything is about people and the choices we make. I believe it’s the people and the interactions between us that makes this country so special. Thank you so much and have a great Australia Day.”
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby cennals05 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:55 pm

carey wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:I might be controversial here, but the AFL and general populous have now determined that boo-ing anyone coloured is racist. I noted too that Harry O (formerly known as) was booed by Collingwood supporters, but yet nothing mentioned. Why?

Because it's all about 'Adam Goodes' not race. If it was about race why don't the other 70odd indingious players get booed? Answer because there not Dicks!

Maybe people don't want imaginary spears chucked at them, Just like Adam doesn't want to be booed????

Well don't call Australia Day 'invasion day' for a start amount a huge list of 'other' provocative acts. You provoke people they will react.

I've never Booed, I don't see the point in it but, this whole situation should be laughable but it can't be now as the level it has reached.

He didn't call Australia Day 'Invasion Day'. I really wish people would go and listen to his Australia Day speech and the subsequent interview when invasion day was mentioned. Context is everything.

Too many sheep following the leader, unable to think for themselves in this debate.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby cracka » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:37 pm

cennals05 wrote:
carey wrote:

He didn't call Australia Day 'Invasion Day'. I really wish people would go and listen to his Australia Day speech and the subsequent interview when invasion day was mentioned. Context is everything.

Too many sheep following the leader, unable to think for themselves in this debate.

Ignorance is bliss.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:55 pm

So Sydney fans, did you think it was a boo-tiful win on Saturday night??

;)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:24 pm

cennals05 wrote:
carey wrote:

This is true, it's just as unfortunate that anyone who tries to view this story as having two sides is labelled as having racial undertones.

*EDIT*

It has seemingly been #istandwithadam or you're racist.

Ninemsn are running with a story that Goodes will be back this week, training at least, this is excellent news for him and Sydney.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:09 pm

am Bays wrote:So Sydney fans, did you think it was a boo-tiful win on Saturday night??

;)

Very good win. Crows never in it...

Hopefully we can get the job done against the cats this week
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:20 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
am Bays wrote:So Sydney fans, did you think it was a boo-tiful win on Saturday night??

;)

Very good win. Crows never in it...

Hopefully we can get the job done against the cats this week

They were certainly at their best again. Crows couldn't stick tackles or handle the basic skills. Swans on fire. Good signs after a few tough weeks
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:35 pm

*apologies, I thought my post was going right in after Wedgie's*

I read that article and it troubled me even more.
To me, his comments are even more damning of white Australia (and certainly shouldn't give the anti-Goodes brigade succour). According to this bloke, not only do the majority of us not give a stuff, but those of us who do only do so out of guilt. How does that make Australia appear?
Last edited by Dogwatcher on Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:22 pm

You got a link for that article? Obviously a huge Goodes fan and I have NEVER heard him say anything like that..
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:41 pm

Pretty sure he's referring to what Dallas Scott wrote, not anything Goodes said.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:39 am

Richard Colless just throwing a grenade into AFL house.... AFL try to break the rules and the swans get punished...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 7470080663
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL