Norwood v Crows 2.10 Saturday

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Norwood v Crows 2.10 Saturday

Postby matt35 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:34 pm

Crows finally bring up a win over Norwood. Had Norwood taken their chances in the second quarter, may well have been a very different story.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby topsywaldron » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:15 pm

I can hear the celebrations at West Lakes from here.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby wild dog » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:34 pm

=D> :lol: Next.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Wedgie » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:08 pm

wild dog wrote:=D> :lol: Next.

Central have Sturt next mate, not sure about the relationship to this thread though.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Ramrod » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:15 pm

How about we try and play fast footy for a change lads. Just get it and go. Just try something, if we don't may as well go to Bali in early September!
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:27 am

matt35 wrote:Crows finally bring up a win over Norwood. Had Norwood taken their chances in the second quarter, may well have been a very different story.

Perhaps and more SS suggests that but it looks like the Crows finished full of running. Long time since I have seen numbers like that for VB. Fair to say a few teams would be pretty happy the Crows are not in finals contention . They have hit a real purple patch.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 848 times

Postby LPH » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:09 am

Attended this game.
Having seen both AFL Reserves Teams in the past 2 weeks, 2 things have stood out:

1. The overall pace/size advantage they have
2. Their ability to 'spread', 'switch' play is so far advanced on the SANFL Teams - very well drilled, as one would expect.

I was impressed with Sturt last week - appears consistency is their problem.
I was underwhelmed by Norwood.

Thought it was a pretty good game all things considered.
Callinann is STILL a very good player BTW, his skills were well above most on the field yesterday.

Have to say it was a strange, eerie feeling standing on Cooper's Hill yesterday.
Haven't been to Norwood Oval since 2013.
Cows had very little support, although there were some Cows fans in the Stand getting excited.

Umpiring was substandard IMHO.

Fair to say Norwood are struggling @ the minute.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby holden78 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:17 pm

Ramrod wrote:How about we try and play fast footy for a change lads. Just get it and go. Just try something, if we don't may as well go to Bali in early September!

Your team so it's your call mate, but the Bassett plan has bagged 3 Flags and until it fails who's gunna start reprogramming the whole playing list?

The fitness levels of the Cancers, both, is beyond SANFL clubs and will only increase in the future.

14 or 15 listed gayfl players has to be the max for each game or NO finals for them ever :twisted: they can choose only one ....
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby CENTURION » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:18 pm

There's a punchup over on the Redlegs forum!
They're starting to eat their own already :-)
Back to the footy, I saw the first quarter, that would have to be the smallest crowd I have seen at Norwood oval!!
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby holden78 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:31 pm

CENTURION wrote:There's a punchup over on the Redlegs forum!
Back to the footy, I saw the first quarter, that would have to be the smallest crowd I have seen at Norwood oval!!

Yeh but hang on ....... The Gayfl Cancers are gunna bring crowds, tv, media interest, catering revenue, new interest levels into tired old comp. ...

oh and $$$$....... Utopia .... :butthead:
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:43 pm

CENTURION wrote:There's a punchup over on the Redlegs forum!

Plenty of Norwood fans I know are boycotting the games against the AFL sides.
What is the stoush over?
Im guessing there are still a few Norwood people tongueing Joe's nuts, hope those people are happy at what is happening currently. The comp and club wont be around in 5 years time thanks to that **** bending over
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:44 pm

holden78 wrote:
Ramrod wrote:How about we try and play fast footy for a change lads. Just get it and go. Just try something, if we don't may as well go to Bali in early September!

Your team so it's your call mate, but the Bassett plan has bagged 3 Flags and until it fails who's gunna start reprogramming the whole playing list?

The fitness levels of the Cancers, both, is beyond SANFL clubs and will only increase in the future.

14 or 15 listed gayfl players has to be the max for each game or NO finals for them ever :twisted: they can choose only one ....

No they can just **** off, go and play in the VFL or ammos
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Pseudo » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:00 pm

LPH wrote:Attended this game.

Do you feel dirty now?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Douglas Mawson » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:16 pm

Despite the loss (and still feeling so conflicted in even engaging in a game against the Ravens) I thought there were some positive signs for Nwd today.

The start was really switched on and the determination to get and keep possession early was excellent. Kicking accurately for goal again told against us in the second term - and that's been the one thing we never really got sorted in any of the last 5 years. It's costing us victories. We looked slow getting from half back to half forward but I think that was something that the Ravens specifically set up for against us, as that's been a growing problem this year. They just went man on man as soon as we had possession across half back and we took an eternity to either chip our way through it or cough the ball up - and then the spread was on.

Injuries have really taken a toll - particularly with our forward structure. But today our endeavour at the ball and man was more like the last few seasons.

We have tough games all the way into the finals now (including the Nth game) and we will be playing finals, even if we might not get the double chance so the equation now becomes quite simple - hang tough and just make the year extend as deep into September as possible. Funny things happen in that month in footy.
Douglas Mawson
Rookie

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby LPH » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:49 pm

Pseudo wrote:
LPH wrote:Attended this game.

Do you feel dirty now?

Yeah, I know Pseudo but...
Now that I live on the East side of the City, Unley & Norwood are the easiest to attend.
I seriously considered going to Prospect but with the threat of rain, thought Norwood was the best option - sit in Sir Edwin Smith Stand if it did rain.

Interested Observer, only 8)
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby topsywaldron » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:16 pm

Jim05 wrote:Im guessing there are still a few Norwood people tongueing Joe's nuts, hope those people are happy at what is happening currently. The comp and club wont be around in 5 years time thanks to that **** bending over

Exactly.

These people simply don't understand, the end game for Joe, and the rest of the stupid six, is the imminent death of the SANFL. Sure Norwood will still be here in name in five years time but no one will give a sh*t for them or the competition they play in.

At least in Chiggy, Slaven et al favour is that they were upfront with the members. Joe wasn't.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Ramrod » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:28 pm

holden78 wrote:

I like our defensive style of play when we are defending, but when we attack we need to take risks. Yes it will cost some goals playing that way but overall it will improve us. im embarrassed with our play at the moment.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby wild dog » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:25 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Central have Sturt next mate, not sure about the relationship to this thread though.

Very sorry sir, I was laughing at Topsy swatting away the opposing views in a succinct and humorous fashion and calling for the next Christian. I will concentrate from now on to express my opinion in a way which you will understand in relation to the thread I am posting on.

BTW the Christian reference was using the practice of feeding the lions at the Colosseum as an analogy to Topsy dealing with opposing posters.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:18 pm

wild dog wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Very sorry sir, I was laughing at Topsy swatting away the opposing views in a succinct and humorous fashion and calling for the next Christian. I will concentrate from now on to express my opinion in a way which you will understand in relation to the thread I am posting on.

BTW the Christian reference was using the practice of feeding the lions at the Colosseum as an analogy to Topsy dealing with opposing posters.

Huh?? Thanks for clearing that up :shock:
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby therisingblues » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:01 am

wild dog wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Topsy's a Woman from Wome??!!!
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL