Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:00 am

JK wrote:82 Thai at Grange.

Missus had been before so was keen to get me there to see if her inflated opinion was on the mark.

Started with 2 x Entree's - Scallops and some dumpling things (Prawn and Pork mince IIRC) - Both were exceptional. In fact the Scallops had some of the best combination of flavours I've ever tasted (Soy, Lime, Fish Roe, Fresh Chilli & Coriander). Good start!

Ordered 3 Mains to share, along with a steamed rice. The mains were:

- Seafood Dish with Fish, heaps of squid, coupla prawns, all in a mostly Soy based Sauce with Fresh Chilli.
- A Crispy Pork dish off the specials board (which I believe features quite often) which was pretty good, although possibly slightly overcooked. Accompanying veggies were brilliant too.
- A Chilli Chicken Fried Rice - No glug, very clean and hit the spot.

For 3 x Mains, 2 x Entree's, 1 x Steamed Rice, 1 x Glass of Wine, 1 x Large Mineral Water, total came to $99 which was pretty reasonable. Missus reckons theres a %25 off in the Ent book but she decided to save it for a later date. I was OK with that because she paid anyway. :D (Although I'll probably pay the Credit Card bill when it comes in anyway :( )

Staff were friendly, and all meals were served easily within an acceptable timeframe.

Rating 7.0/10 - Would happily recommend and look forward to getting back there someday.

What wine did the missus have?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby JK » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:10 am

House Rose I reckon mate
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:57 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:It's my birthday on Tuesday so my girlfriend and I have the day off work and we're planning to go to 127 days for lunch, really looking forward to it!!!

Happy Birthday mate. Did you go "The Cure"?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:07 pm

Tried Nordburger for the first time tonight.

Out of them, 127 and Burger Theory, Nord is at the bottom. The chilli cheese fries were amazing, but the actual burger wasn't anything to rave about.

I got the Royale. The fillings were nice and plentiful, but the buns they use just takes away from the whole thing.

They tasted like TipTop buns from Coles. It pretty much made it seem like i was eating a burger I made at home myself. It just seemed weird to me.

I'd give Nord a 6/10

Would probably be higher if I hadnt tried the other two places first.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:33 pm

Booney wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:It's my birthday on Tuesday so my girlfriend and I have the day off work and we're planning to go to 127 days for lunch, really looking forward to it!!!

Thanks Boony I've had a great day :)

No I didn't the missus thought about it but no way she'd be able to eat it all. I went the Bad Mutha Trucker as I love egg and Beetroot on my burgers, it was outstanding and I smashed it down. My girlfriend had the Chicken Fry add Bacon and she really enjoyed her burger too, she struggled to finish it haha. We shared some Hashtag fries (well she only had about three lol) and they were really tasty too. Finished our burgers off with a Tim-Tam shake each and god they're the best milkshake I've ever had!

It certainly lived up to the hype and we will definitely be back there. I may have the Cure next time and I liked the look of the Godzilla too. 127 Days is awesome, neat little place that I would fully recommend to anyone, better tasting burgers than Burger Foundary IMO.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:37 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Booney wrote:

No I didn't the missus thought about it but no way she'd be able to eat it all. I went the Bad Mutha Trucker as I love egg and Beetroot on my burgers, it was outstanding and I smashed it down. My girlfriend had the Chicken Fry add Bacon and she really enjoyed her burger too, she struggled to finish it haha. We shared some Hashtag fries (well she only had about three lol) and they were really tasty too. Finished our burgers off with a Tim-Tam shake each and god they're the best milkshake I've ever had!

It certainly lived up to the hype and we will definitely be back there. I may have the Cure next time and I liked the look of the Godzilla too. 127 Days is awesome, neat little place that I would fully recommend to anyone, better tasting burgers than Burger Foundary IMO.

Happy Birthday Batman, glad you had a great meal but FFS ratings, we need ratings people...LIFT!!! :D
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:39 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Booney wrote:

Happy Birthday Batman, glad you had a great meal but FFS ratings, we need ratings people...LIFT!!! :D

Sorry Wristy! I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:50 pm

It certainly lived up to the hype and we will definitely be back there. I may have the Cure next time and I liked the look of the Godzilla too. 127 Days is awesome, neat little place that I would fully recommend to anyone, better tasting burgers than Burger Foundary IMO.[/quote]

Happy Birthday Batman, glad you had a great meal but FFS ratings, we need ratings people...LIFT!!! :D[/quote]
Sorry Wristy! I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10[/quote]

Solid. I gave it a 9 when I went from memory. Tim Tam milk shake sounds like something I could suck the sh@t out of.

Completely agree with your comparison. It shades Foundry for taste and variety and has it completely covered in setting and service time.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:11 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Solid. I gave it a 9 when I went from memory. Tim Tam milk shake sounds like something I could suck the sh@t out of.

Completely agree with your comparison. It shades Foundry for taste and variety and has it completely covered in setting and service time.

The setting/set up there is heaps good, love watching the blokes make and prepare the food for everyone and as my missus said it has a real homey feel about it. Very hipster how they use a laptop computer to take and organise orders.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:15 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Solid. I gave it a 9 when I went from memory. Tim Tam milk shake sounds like something I could suck the sh@t out of.

The setting/set up there is heaps good, love watching the blokes make and prepare the food for everyone and as my missus said it has a real homey feel about it. Very hipster how they use a laptop computer to take and organise orders.

The laptops a fairly new addition. I didnt like it when I first saw it. They were still learning how to use it though. Dunno how smooth it runs now.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:17 pm

HH3 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

The laptops a fairly new addition. I didnt like it when I first saw it. They were still learning how to use it though. Dunno how smooth it runs now.

It seemed to running fine today when I was there.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:19 pm

I need to go back to 127.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:28 pm

Q. wrote:I need to go back to 127.

One of my 7 nephews is coming to live with me for a week for his work experience in 2 weeks. Each year this happens I treat them to my favourite Adelaide eateries. 127 has moved back to the top of the list courtesy of this thread.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:08 am

cant be bothered reading this whole thread but a mate told me about a few places he likes that I should check out
just seeing if anyone here has been to any and what they thik

Bread & Bone
Bennys Takeout (I think its called?)
Dumplings R Us
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:14 am

HH3 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
HH3 wrote:Bennys on Findon Rd.

Tonight the order consisted of

- 1 x large pulled pork poutine (pork, gravy and cheese on fries)

- 1 x hot bulldog. (cross between a hotdog and burrito)

- 1 x kaiser dog (hotdog with coleslaw, bacon and mustard)

10 x garlic and herb wings, which are currently in the fridge untouched coz my eyes are bigger than my tiny belly.

All that was $45. Good value. The hotdogs are at least twice the size of New York Dreams ones.

The gridiron boys sometimes go down after training and smash 200+ wings at a time.

10/10

Wooooooo ease up Chief. We can't be throwing tens around willy nilly.

I will definitely give this a crack in the near future

I dont give them out often mate, but Benny has truely f**ked me tonight. Im actually struggling to stay awake after that feast.

Here's Bennys. If you hate it, go and burn HH3's house down ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Johno6 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:37 am

cheers FC

If I like it can I still burn his house down?
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby CENTURION » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:14 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
CENTURION wrote:Hampstead Hotel on a Wednesday night, $12 medium rare Rump plus a schooner of beer, ripper value.

That's front bar only isn't it chief?

nup, the dining room.
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Pag » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Pag wrote:Ate at Bread and Bone on Peel St last night before the soccer. Burger lovers need to get there ASAP.

@Johno6
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Tried Burger Foundry for the first time today.
The "K" Burger gave me a perfectly cooked beef patty, mozzarella, smokey bacon, runny egg (yes!), topped with spiracha hot sauce & their kimchi salsa - I omitted the lettuce.
This is a seriously good burger for those who like their flavours hot.
8/10
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bennymacca » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:52 pm

Went to Cafe Ivy on the parade this morning for breakfast as the mrs bought something from guntree and we had to go down that way.

Although they gave me a cappuccino when i ordered a latte, the coffee was excellent, perfect temp and not burnt at all.

Wifey and I both ordered big breakfasts, and once again the lass got the order wrong as she brought out the vegetarian versions and we had to ask for the bacon and the sausages. But they were nice about it, so i dont mind the mixup really.

Bacon was excellent, and it is amazing the difference a really nice piece of toast makes.

With the entertainment book voucher we got one of the breakfasts for free, so it came to around $26, pretty decent value.

7/10
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion