Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Jase » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:43 am

I have seen a student trip over a bag that was left on the floor and accidentally knock over a young girl at school. She had a bit of a graze on her knee but was fine. The next day her mum came in accusing the poor kid who knocked her daughter over of violently attacking her...

What happens at school and what parents hear from their kids doesnt necessarily represent the actual story.

Your daughter may have thought she was attacked but that may not actually be the case...

Please dont think I'm calling your little one a liar... but just wanted to provide a possible explanation.
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby tipper » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:53 am

i guessed that it might have been an accident mate, i have done that myself (i think a mod may be able to remove it for you if necessary though) i didnt think you would like my post when im basically having a go at your work ;)

ok, i typed out a whole heap of stuff, but i am arguing with the wrong person, and im not expecting to change your mind, so i deleted it

i will say, no, i dont want to delve out anything. i want to ensure the school has. and if they havent, i want to know why not, and i find it offensive that you assume that i want to storm down there and start smacking kids. i am angry that the details have been hidden, and if it happens again, and they arent forthcoming with the details, then they get to see me in person, and i doubt ill be polite while asking my questions

i want to be able to tell my daughter that this wont happen again, but i cant. if the sop is seriously to not give parents full info for any incident that has happened to their child from the get go, then the act needs to be changed. hiding it isnt helping anyone other than the kid that did it, which is crap.

as it is ill content myself with sending the wife to find out about it when she has a day off on monday, and ill check through the child protection act and see what it says about hiding and protecting bullies, and maybe write a letter to the minister to see about getting it changed. its all good to say that the injury was minor, and that it could have been "childhood stupidity", but what if it wasnt minor? stupidity or not. are they still going to hide what happened? i suppose that is best for all involved though isnt it. if we dont call it bullying, it never happened......

and understand about using the wrong term (i also do that myself) but it still would have taken more than coffee and cake to make it go away if it was my kid. that shit just should not happen.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:55 am

Footy Chick wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Without knowing the dynamics of the incident it's hard to know what the "follow through" would be but it may have been more childhood stupidity than pre meditated sinister bullying. .

this...so this. 5 year olds are not pre-meditative criminals. They're just little shits (and that's even without bringing the whole ADHD crap into it) My friends 6 year old was suspended for sexual harassment because he hold a girl he loved her.

Reasons like this, is why I never finished my teaching degree.

The world has gone mad.

Teachers will change their behaviours on the expectations of parents
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby tipper » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:01 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Without knowing the dynamics of the incident it's hard to know what the "follow through" would be but it may have been more childhood stupidity than pre meditated sinister bullying. .

this...so this. 5 year olds are not pre-meditative criminals. They're just little shits (and that's even without bringing the whole ADHD crap into it) My friends 6 year old was suspended for sexual harassment because he hold a girl he loved her.

The world has gone mad.

it wasnt a 5 year old. my daughter is 5, the other student was older. and it is my whole point, if the school was just forthcoming about what happened, i wouldnt have a problem. as it is i have to rely on my daughters version of events, and i have relayed that above. if it was an "accident" or "stupidity" just ******* tell me that

Jase wrote:I have seen a student trip over a bag that was left on the floor and accidentally knock over a young girl at school. She had a bit of a graze on her knee but was fine. The next day her mum came in accusing the poor kid who knocked her daughter over of violently attacking her...

What happens at school and what parents hear from their kids doesnt necessarily represent the actual story.

Your daughter may have thought she was attacked but that may not actually be the case...

Please dont think I'm calling your little one a liar... but just wanted to provide a possible explanation.

and i get that too Jase. shit happens at school. kids fallover, run into each other etc. and if that is what happened, i couldnt give a stuff. ill tell my daughter to harden up, it wasnt intentional. however, by the school not telling me anything, other than "the other student has been dealt with" i have to rely on my 5 year olds version of events (which i know can be dodgy, i acknowledged that in my first post on this) and if it is true, i want to know what the outcome was. an older student attacking a group of reception kids unprovoked is not on, and as far as the info i have that is what happened. if the school was more forthcoming, and it wasnt that bad, i wouldnt even have made a single post on this.....

and understand me, if the school is following all the proper procedures, it isnt their fault either, the procedures need to be changed. hiding the issue wont make it go away
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby MW » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:21 pm

Any communication with the school should be cc'd to the governing body i.e. if Catholic school, the catholic education office. When they see this, they act. Trust me.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:44 pm

MW wrote:Any communication with the school should be cc'd to the governing body i.e. if Catholic school, the catholic education office. When they see this, they act. Trust me.

L.M.F.A.O ( say it slowly, out loud, for dramatic effect )

Yes, the catholic schools have an exemplary record when acting on reports of abuse.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:47 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

The world has gone mad.

Exactly, i'm too old school to deal with kids.

I understand they're following acts or whatever but I still dont understand why schools are required to ring a parent because of a scratch. If it's not life threatening or doesn't require hospitalisation, surely a note home would suffice after applying a bandaid for the boo boo.

then, if there is any underlying evil reason why said child has a boo boo, (ie; hit by a little shit with a stick) it is in writing and can be dealt with in an appropriate manner that won't force a parent to leave their place of work unnecessarily.

No doubt there will be some trendy illness that will excuse this young lout of his actions - because everyone is branded now and there's just no such thing as a naughty kid anymore :roll:

Again, the world has gone mad.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby MW » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:47 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Any communication with the school should be cc'd to the governing body i.e. if Catholic school, the catholic education office. When they see this, they act. Trust me.

Yes, the catholic schools have an exemplary record when acting on reports of abuse.

I'm not sure what happened when you were a kid, but i have found it helps resolve any issues at the school level.
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:12 pm

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:

I'm not sure what happened when you were a kid, but i have found it helps resolve any issues at the school level.

I'm not condoning parental involvement with any school yard disputes, I just find it laughable that you say "report it to the catholic education office and they'll act".

They might, then again they might cover it up and pretend it never happened such is the lack of credibility they have.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:26 pm

I meant when the school sees you copying in their bosses, the school acts. I used Catholic school as an example. Opening up the "catholic schools did this and that blah blah" debate is for another day. While on it, don't be naive to suggest the same or worse does not happen at state schools
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:40 pm

I'm not that naive. Quite experienced, actually.

My kids have been to two public schools, both went to the same primary and high schools.

The primary school was spineless and I can confirm that the education department ( their bosses, as you say ) felt the school was best positioned to handle the matter. Great. So my advice to my son was to handle it how he felt it best handled, the school was hopeless. He got in trouble once, the kid(s) never picked on the target again. ( He stood up for a special needs kid who was being bullied. He got in the shit for doing so, the next time it happened he stood up for her again, he got in the shit again, the kid(s) doing it never did it again. Made me one proud Dad and I'd tell him to do it again if he felt it was the right thing to do )

The High School, on the other hand, has been outstanding. One little **** king hit my 14 year old daughter earlier this year. simply out of the blue, unprovoked, king hit, a badly bruised face, suspected but not confirmed hairline (due to teeth/jaw line in the x-ray) fracture and several days of headaches and the pshycological effects followed. I couldn't have been happier with the school or prouder of my daughter. She is presenting a talk to the whole school ( 700+ kids ) later this term on the impact of physical violence and bullying.

So, I'm not naive and every case has it's own set of circumstances, but to just say "CC in the bosses", please, don't be so naive. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:42 pm

Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby MW » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:46 pm

For me it worked with my kids school, hence why I suggested it.
MW
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

The world has gone mad.

Exactly, i'm too old school to deal with kids.

I understand they're following acts or whatever but I still dont understand why schools are required to ring a parent because of a scratch. If it's not life threatening or doesn't require hospitalisation, surely a note home would suffice after applying a bandaid for the boo boo.

then, if there is any underlying evil reason why said child has a boo boo, (ie; hit by a little shit with a stick) it is in writing and can be dealt with in an appropriate manner that won't force a parent to leave their place of work unnecessarily.

No doubt there will be some trendy illness that will excuse this young lout of his actions - because everyone is branded now and there's just no such thing as a naughty kid anymore :roll:

Again, the world has gone mad.

I agree with Footy Chick, I must admit I don't have kids and I know if I did I would think a little bit differently but if this is the worst thing that happens to a kid in primary school they've lived a charmed life. Myself I was a little shit and so were plenty of others and back in those days parents only got called in if it were something major, like when I cracked the back of my head open on the playground, broke my arm etc. When I was little I remember one time I ran around a corner and some older kids grabbed me and squeezed my balls just for the hell of it I suppose. I remember one girl stripping naked in the boys toilets to give us all a peep show when we were about 7-8, I walked into the toilet and there she was naked showing the other boys her 'bits'.

These things unfortunately happen with kids and it's a part of growing up and understanding life but I could just imagine the furore now that would happen if this stuff came to the attention of parents/teachers in this day and age. Kids would be getting expelled left right and centre, threats of legal action omg.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:01 pm

Mt Ruang.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:06 pm

That's giving lots of people the shits.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby RustyCage » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:49 pm

If the school is still talking to students and investigating what happened, then of course it would be stupid of them to say anything to parents. For something a bit more serious or more complicated than just someone getting pushed over on the playground, it can take a couple of days. If an adult didn't see it, you need to ask people who did see it. Ask 5 kids and you'll get 5 completely contradictory stories.

I've seen too many cases of hot headed Neanderthal parents having a go at teachers when an incident happens, reacting to any piece of info they get from the teacher, sometimes even confronting the other student themselves! Then once the incident was investigated wrong or misleading info was given out originally.

(This info is general in nature, and in no way related to tripper or Booneys cases)
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby stan » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:09 am

Booney wrote:I'm not that naive. Quite experienced, actually.

My kids have been to two public schools, both went to the same primary and high schools.

The primary school was spineless and I can confirm that the education department ( their bosses, as you say ) felt the school was best positioned to handle the matter. Great. So my advice to my son was to handle it how he felt it best handled, the school was hopeless. He got in trouble once, the kid(s) never picked on the target again. ( He stood up for a special needs kid who was being bullied. He got in the shit for doing so, the next time it happened he stood up for her again, he got in the shit again, the kid(s) doing it never did it again. Made me one proud Dad and I'd tell him to do it again if he felt it was the right thing to do )

The High School, on the other hand, has been outstanding. One little **** king hit my 14 year old daughter earlier this year. simply out of the blue, unprovoked, king hit, a badly bruised face, suspected but not confirmed hairline (due to teeth/jaw line in the x-ray) fracture and several days of headaches and the pshycological effects followed. I couldn't have been happier with the school or prouder of my daughter. She is presenting a talk to the whole school ( 700+ kids ) later this term on the impact of physical violence and bullying.

So, I'm not naive and every case has it's own set of circumstances, but to just say "CC in the bosses", please, don't be so naive. ;)

Some good advise there boon. Seriously thanks for sharing it.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby JK » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:52 pm

"Giving the shits" doesn't do justice to the feelings toward the vile piece of s... that was sentenced today for possibly the most abhorrent crimes I've ever read about.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:07 pm

JK wrote:"Giving the shits" doesn't do justice to the feelings toward the vile piece of s... that was sentenced today for possibly the most abhorrent crimes I've ever read about.

For those who questioned the validity of capital punishment in the Sukamaran/Chan case, those who argued it is inhumane and no longer relevant in the modern world must question their stance when looking at the crimes this man committed. I don't know how one couldn't.

Me, I'd happily see this man dead at dawn tomorrow.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion