Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:31 pm

Around the oval?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:33 pm

:lol: yes, most definitely.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby OnSong » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:41 pm

So there's a bit of talk about the U14 association team's performance on Sunday, mainly surrounding the selection of the coach, Chris Hummell.
Now, first of all, good on him for putting his hand up to do it, but how a guy who is not involved in this league at all gets to coach the association team, is staggeringly bizarre.
Chris and his kids are involved in the BLG now, and have been for a few years now (I think). It's unlikely he would have seen any of the U14 squad play this season.
How could he be expected to coach? Phenomenal.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:43 pm

OnSong wrote:Balaklava is hosting the grand final this year.

One item that came up for discussion is cars around the oval, or no cars around the oval.

What's people's thoughts? I know in the Riverland we had no cars around the oval on GF day.

I don't really mind either way. The ol ute with a couch in the back reversed up to the fence is classic.

Might be overruled by the league anyway but just trying to get some other opinions or thoughts.

Yeah, I'd leave it so the cars can still park around the oval although I'd block off a 20 or 30 metre section on the outer side against the fence to set up a bit of a beer garden thing, that way those that didn't get a front row park can still enjoy the game close up.
Mind you, there's nothing worse than someone who parks there car front row and doesn't go near it for the day.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby OnSong » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:52 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

One item that came up for discussion is cars around the oval, or no cars around the oval.

What's people's thoughts? I know in the Riverland we had no cars around the oval on GF day.

I don't really mind either way. The ol ute with a couch in the back reversed up to the fence is classic.

Might be overruled by the league anyway but just trying to get some other opinions or thoughts.

Yeah, I'd leave it so the cars can still park around the oval although I'd block off a 20 or 30 metre section on the outer side against the fence to set up a bit of a beer garden thing, that way those that didn't get a front row park can still enjoy the game close up.
Mind you, there's nothing worse than someone who parks there car front row and doesn't go near it for the day.

Yeah, we had a beer van set up on the outer wing for the SANFL game with some umbrellas and barrels for people to stand under etc. Worked quite well
OnSong
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:38 pm

Would affect us huge time as we have a disabled son with austim who doesn't like leaving the comfort of the vehicle where he feels safe, one thing I praise the APFL clubs on over the years is there help with our situation, brag to other leagues about it
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:42 pm

OnSong wrote:So there's a bit of talk about the U14 association team's performance on Sunday, mainly surrounding the selection of the coach, Chris Hummell.
Now, first of all, good on him for putting his hand up to do it, but how a guy who is not involved in this league at all gets to coach the association team, is staggeringly bizarre.
Chris and his kids are involved in the BLG now, and have been for a few years now (I think). It's unlikely he would have seen any of the U14 squad play this season.

Don't know much? His lad part of the senior colt premiership side at Mallala last year, played there the last six years, but yes was baffled by the decision, How are coaches selected? And the trainers roster doesn't seem to be working either, And no game report from Maitland? Hear Butterfield has stepped aside from Junior coordinator after many years at the helm
Last edited by magpieeagle on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Or clubs allowing parking overnight or people in early to help taking prime spots, our club included, would like to see in the league parking set aside for trainers to get close by with the amount of gear taken nowadays
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:17 am

magpieeagle wrote:

Would affect us huge time as we have a disabled son with austim who doesn't like leaving the comfort of the vehicle where he feels safe, one thing I praise the APFL clubs on over the years is there help with our situation, brag to other leagues about it

I'm sure the BFC would reserve a spot for you on request given your circumstance.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby OnSong » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:32 am

magpieeagle wrote:
OnSong wrote:So there's a bit of talk about the U14 association team's performance on Sunday, mainly surrounding the selection of the coach, Chris Hummell.

Don't know much? His lad part of the senior colt premiership side at Mallala last year, played there the last six years, but yes was baffled by the decision, How are coaches selected? And the trainers roster doesn't seem to be working either, And no game report from Maitland? Hear Butterfield has stepped aside from Junior coordinator after many years at the helm

Yeah, wasn't sure on some exact details but got there in the end. Got nothing against Chris, like I said, put his hand up, but the point still stands, not involved with the association at all this year, but coaches the association team. Seems crazy to me.

Disappointing to hear Buttsy has stepped aside but has done the job for a long time.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:34 am

magpieeagle wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Or clubs allowing parking overnight or people in early to help taking prime spots, our club included, would like to see in the league parking set aside for trainers to get close by with the amount of gear taken nowadays

Think that's a valid consideration for sure.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Snags » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:38 pm

I love the idea of a "beer garden" area fenced off on centre wing. Music playing, beer van, some seats or bean bags. I think it would be a absolute hit! Especially for the younger generation.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:56 pm

Snags wrote:I love the idea of a "beer garden" area fenced off on centre wing. Music playing, beer van, some seats or bean bags. I think it would be a absolute hit! Especially for the younger generation.

A purple lounge too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:32 pm

Snags wrote:I love the idea of a "beer garden" area fenced off on centre wing. Music playing, beer van, some seats or bean bags. I think it would be a absolute hit! Especially for the younger generation.

Then we can have a bonfire after like Mallala a couple of years ago on the wing to toast the winners
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby OnSong » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:45 pm

Was there a massive blue between Longies and Mallala in the ressies last week?
OnSong
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:14 pm

Don't agree with you at all on this one OnSong. Chris has extensive experience coaching underage in our league and at association level for the APFL, in fact he was my coach at u/15 level back in the 1990s and has done loads of coaching since. He has a great temperament for the role and is absolutely fanstastic with kids and is extremly passionate about the game. He is often at Mallala matches on gameday and I am certain would have made an effort to see plenty of matches in the APFL (his son plays B grade for Mallala by the way). He would arguably one the best options we have for the job. Keeping in mind, the league asks people to put their hand for these roles. I'm sure if a better alternative applied, they would have been given the job, but in my view Chris Hummell is a more than worthy bloke for the job.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby OnSong » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:39 pm

All fair enough, like I said, good on him for putting his hand up.
OnSong
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:41 pm

I see reading the Producer tonight, Angle Vale FC admission gaining some pace for season 2016
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:04 pm

magpieeagle wrote:I see reading the Producer tonight, Angle Vale FC admission gaining some pace for season 2016

God i hope not
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby norm11 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:07 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:I see reading the Producer tonight, Angle Vale FC admission gaining some pace for season 2016

God i hope not

Why not?????
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy