Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: R17: Centrals v Sturt Saturday 8 August @ Elizabeth

Postby CENTURION » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:39 am

LPH wrote:1 of the 4000, contributing to the overall growth of the competition :roll:

but we were playing Sturt.
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Keefy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:28 pm

CENTURION wrote:Had a lost/confused Crows supporter at the President's Luncheon today, fully decked out in Crows Guernsey & crows scarfe. WHAT THE??

Had his GPS upside down and thought Noarlunga was out north?
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Gozu » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:15 pm

Crowd 1,914
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby therisingblues » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:38 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
therisingblues wrote:That's right knowledge. He showed good form early, right when Sturt were playing well, and I think was named on an extended interchange once or twice, then had an injury just when he became impossible to overlook. It's perhaps his experience that can lend a bit of consistency to our game. It's been a funny old season for us. Looked up to have had improved then lost 6 in a row. Mind you a few of them were gallant losses but I reckon we should have been better given how strong we were in stages last year.
Bring on the dogs and let's go in all guns blazing. Hope the Duldig factor spurs us on.

Kicked 11 in a game earlier this year and hasn't played in the 1s and is a proven goal kicker and honest contributor. Any wonder the Blues are going to finish 9th :roll:

Kicked 5.2 out of 10.3 to make his non selection throughout the season look very average if not farcical.

Well done Big Dulds

I think farcical might be a bit strong there wristy.
From memory he may have had an injury in the pre-season, so he played reserves to force his way back into the league side.
In round one he failed to kick a goal, then he was injured while kicking 1 goal in round 2, and didn't play again until round 6, by which stage the league side had won 3 lost 2.
In his return bout he got 3 goals. His famous 11 goals against Central in round 7, spearheaded a Sturt side which absolutely pummeled the opposition 22:14-146 to 6:3-39. That's a margin of 16 goals 11 points. The league side also won the same day against much tougher opposition than the ressies faced, and got over the line by 14 points. The league side was 4/3 at that stage and had dropped games to Norwood, South and an injury free Power reserves side, so they were traveling pretty well. Duldig on the other hand had taken a big bag of goals against a team that was simply swatted aside by a superior force, and apart from that had kicked 4 goals in 3 games and been injured for 3 weeks as well as an injury interrupted pre-season.
Was it farcical that he wasn't picked in the league side the following week? I'd say debatable is a better word.
The following week he didn't kick a goal in the ressies against the Eagles, and didn't play again until round 11, so had picked up another injury.
During his absence the league side got thumped after throwing everything at the Ravens who featured Crouch, Podsiadly and one other regular AFL bloke who I can't remember. Perhaps if Digger had been on the field that day it could have been a different story, but not if he was injured. By the time Duldig returned from injury, the league side was already 3 losses into its 6 game losing streak.
Since coming back from injury in round 11 he has kicked 2, 2, 1, 2 and 0 goals. A total of 7 goals in 5 games, and by my records has 22 goals from 10 games for the season in the reserves and been injured on three different occasions.
I would say that the coaching staff had concerns about his movement and risk of recurring injury. His one stand out game also coincided with a period where the league side was playing great footy. Obviously a fully fit Duldig would have been in the side from the beginning, and his 5 goals is a big homecoming and we love him at Unley. Had he been fully fit we may have won a few more, but every side has injuries.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:10 pm

therisingblues wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
therisingblues wrote:That's right knowledge. He showed good form early, right when Sturt were playing well, and I think was named on an extended interchange once or twice, then had an injury just when he became impossible to overlook. It's perhaps his experience that can lend a bit of consistency to our game. It's been a funny old season for us. Looked up to have had improved then lost 6 in a row. Mind you a few of them were gallant losses but I reckon we should have been better given how strong we were in stages last year.
Bring on the dogs and let's go in all guns blazing. Hope the Duldig factor spurs us on.

Kicked 11 in a game earlier this year and hasn't played in the 1s and is a proven goal kicker and honest contributor. Any wonder the Blues are going to finish 9th :roll:

Kicked 5.2 out of 10.3 to make his non selection throughout the season look very average if not farcical.

Well done Big Dulds

From memory he may have had an injury in the pre-season, so he played reserves to force his way back into the league side.
In round one he failed to kick a goal, then he was injured while kicking 1 goal in round 2, and didn't play again until round 6, by which stage the league side had won 3 lost 2.
In his return bout he got 3 goals. His famous 11 goals against Central in round 7, spearheaded a Sturt side which absolutely pummeled the opposition 22:14-146 to 6:3-39. That's a margin of 16 goals 11 points. The league side also won the same day against much tougher opposition than the ressies faced, and got over the line by 14 points. The league side was 4/3 at that stage and had dropped games to Norwood, South and an injury free Power reserves side, so they were traveling pretty well. Duldig on the other hand had taken a big bag of goals against a team that was simply swatted aside by a superior force, and apart from that had kicked 4 goals in 3 games and been injured for 3 weeks as well as an injury interrupted pre-season.
Was it farcical that he wasn't picked in the league side the following week? I'd say debatable is a better word.
The following week he didn't kick a goal in the ressies against the Eagles, and didn't play again until round 11, so had picked up another injury.
During his absence the league side got thumped after throwing everything at the Ravens who featured Crouch, Podsiadly and one other regular AFL bloke who I can't remember. Perhaps if Digger had been on the field that day it could have been a different story, but not if he was injured. By the time Duldig returned from injury, the league side was already 3 losses into its 6 game losing streak.
Since coming back from injury in round 11 he has kicked 2, 2, 1, 2 and 0 goals. A total of 7 goals in 5 games, and by my records has 22 goals from 10 games for the season in the reserves and been injured on three different occasions.
I would say that the coaching staff had concerns about his movement and risk of recurring injury. His one stand out game also coincided with a period where the league side was playing great footy. Obviously a fully fit Duldig would have been in the side from the beginning, and his 5 goals is a big homecoming and we love him at Unley. Had he been fully fit we may have won a few more, but every side has injuries.

Don't go contradicting me with accurate analytical stats :oops: Farcical was the wrong word, I will put my hand up on that one. I would have picked him whenever he was available and obviously fit. His 5 sausage rolls Saturday supported that but I will admit I don't follow Sturt closely. The days of the big forward seem to sadly be coming to an end.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:15 am

therisingblues wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Well done Big Dulds

You really need to get out more TRB ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:15 pm

:lol: Yeah I do get out, they let me have hobbies here. For example I can talk for hours about the mating call of the Blue-Arse- African-Frog-Swallow. A rather unappreciated subject world wide but I am working hard to change that. ;)
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby wild dog » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:17 am

CENTURION wrote:Had a lost/confused Crows supporter at the President's Luncheon today, fully decked out in Crows Guernsey & crows scarfe. WHAT THE??

:lol: I saw him, strutting through the side door, little chest puffed out. At least his wife had the decency to look a little embarrassed.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:19 am

wild dog wrote:

:lol: I saw him, strutting through the side door, little chest puffed out. At least his wife had the decency to look a little embarrassed.

He was probably even more chuffed about the ample free parking at the Ponderossa.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby wild dog » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:17 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
wild dog wrote:

He was probably even more chuffed about the ample free parking at the Ponderossa.

Unfortunately we will be parking about the ground soon PP. Hope you Tigers supporters will be brave enough to travel out to Elizabeth next week.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL