2015 Ashes

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: 2015 Ashes

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:07 pm

At least Steve Smith isn't a wanker, should be able to build a great team around him.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:13 pm

Interesting article but f**k I hate Craddock, he's a f**king flog of the highest order. How about you go and play international cricket before we really listen to what you have to say
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10292 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:17 pm

I saw a pic on the Cricket.com.au Instagram page last night of Michael Clarke and it was one of the many tribute photos they put up for him. A bloke left a comment on there saying Clarke's ongoing back problems were due to him getting bummed too much. I LOLed pretty hard at that
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Gozu » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:25 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:I saw a pic on the Cricket.com.au Instagram page last night of Michael Clarke and it was one of the many tribute photos they put up for him. A bloke left a comment on there saying Clarke's ongoing back problems were due to him getting bummed too much. I LOLed pretty hard at that

:lol: Juvenile but hilarious
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:40 pm

Gozu wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:I saw a pic on the Cricket.com.au Instagram page last night of Michael Clarke and it was one of the many tribute photos they put up for him. A bloke left a comment on there saying Clarke's ongoing back problems were due to him getting bummed too much. I LOLed pretty hard at that

[emoji38] Juvenile but hilarious

I should of screenshot it!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:51 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Interesting article but f**k I hate Craddock, he's a f**king flog of the highest order. How about you go and play international cricket before we really listen to what you have to say

That used to be a rule in this forum.
Q.
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:11 pm

Think the term 'gun cricketer shit bloke' applies pretty true to Clarke.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jase » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:16 pm

Yeah the way he behaved and represented the Australian Cricket team, the Hughes family etc etc makes him a bloody brilliant bloke in my eyes...

I cant stand the Aussie cricket team as a rule but Michael Clarke earnt my respect totally for the way he carried himself and represented his team in that time...

How soon some people want to pot him once he's finished...

Shit bloke yeah nah
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:45 am

Yep, all well-documented.
That article just reminds me of why those three blokes have personalities that I don't like.

There must be some truth to the accusations about Clarke, he's made some questionable decisions over the years around team ethic.
Symonds is a bloke who clearly doesn't learn from his mistakes and is happy to place all the blame elsewhere.
And, Haydos is a bloke who likes to twist the knife, even when it's not necessary. Why did he have to come out and say those things? It does him no favours.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:01 am

And now Buchanan has joined the chorus against Clarke
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Stumps » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:05 am

hardly the slamming the headline stated. boring
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:25 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Yep, all well-documented.
That article just reminds me of why those three blokes have personalities that I don't like.

There must be some truth to the accusations about Clarke, he's made some questionable decisions over the years around team ethic.
Symonds is a bloke who clearly doesn't learn from his mistakes and is happy to place all the blame elsewhere.
And, Haydos is a bloke who likes to twist the knife, even when it's not necessary. Why did he have to come out and say those things? It does him no favours.

From what I gather many who have gained the honor of a Baggy Green have suffered with a case of the "I's" from time to time.

As in, I can do this, I think this of that, I know more about it than you type thing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:38 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Yep, all well-documented.

Pretty crap form from Symonds especially after Clarke helped save his career and also from getting his head kicked in
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby FlyingHigh » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:09 am

And also in 2009, the "leadership group" would have included Ponting as well - Clarke and Ponting, two recognized hard workers - were trying to rebuild the team after losing all those players. Perhaps they'd had a gutsful of the distractions you were causing, Roy.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby MJ_23 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:33 am

Hayden is a wanker.

Funny how he absolutely slammed England a few years ago for revealing locker room secrets and conversations etc yet he has continued to do exactly the same thing.

Hayden isn't as popular as he would like to pretend
MJ_23
Under 16s

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:08 am

MJ_23 wrote:Hayden is a wanker.

Funny how he absolutely slammed England a few years ago for revealing locker room secrets and conversations etc yet he has continued to do exactly the same thing.

But he does have a point that Michael Clarke is involved in several 'me, me, me' moments during his career - Dumping Lara mid tour to NZ, the Simon Katich incident now the short leg refusal (however the senior players reasoning is bordering on bullying)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Q. » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:16 am

I hope that some of our form issues can be contributed to Clarke's poor leadership.
Q.
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:45 am

heater31 wrote:
MJ_23 wrote:Hayden is a wanker.

But he does have a point that Michael Clarke is involved in several 'me, me, me' moments during his career - Dumping Lara mid tour to NZ, the Simon Katich incident now the short leg refusal (however the senior players reasoning is bordering on bullying)

Pup has developed as good as anyone ever has over time, I heard an interview with him the other day where he thanked the supporters, the ones that grew to like him and the haters as they made him look at himself and provided motivation for himself.

Although most of us will never know, did he reek of arrogance behind closed doors, did he have the support of his players, was he running a totalitarian regime, was his captaincy caught somewhere between an AB, Steve Waugh and a Punter type?

There's been an apparent rift between Boof and himself, judging by the stories circulating it seems to be likely as they are two completely different types of character.

Although I disliked him intensely for the first part of his career I always respected his ability but struggled to see how his body could be so fragile given his frame and role within the team. If he was able to to bowl a lot more we would've been a far more successful team as his spinners were as good as anyone's and he was a wicket taker. He has been one of the sweetest timers of the ball I have seen and for someone with such a patient temperament his ability to stand there and perfectly time a straight drive for 6 with ease off of anyone in the world was something to admire.

I've enjoyed watching his craft, I've loved the way that he's responded to the critic's over time by scoring runs and then becoming a test captain despite 75% of Australian cricket followers objecting, they are the things I'll remember him for although I can't wait to hear the full stories behind the Katich scenario and the Hussey thing.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:59 am

You've summed it up pretty well, LM. You astute cricket watcher, you.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:06 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:You've summed it up pretty well, LM. You astute cricket watcher, you.

Whether you like the guy or not, you gotta give credit where credit's due.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket