Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:04 pm

bennymacca wrote:
carey wrote:F**k wits who think the minute it rains all speed limits drop by 25kms an hour. If you can't drive in the wet stay off the f**king road. Idiots

Or you could just have a bit of respect for other road users that want to drive at a speed they are comfortable with and you could just leave a bit earlier!!

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:14 pm

bennymacca wrote:
carey wrote:F**k wits who think the minute it rains all speed limits drop by 25kms an hour. If you can't drive in the wet stay off the f**king road. Idiots

Or you could just have a bit of respect for other road users that want to drive at a speed they are comfortable with and you could just leave a bit earlier!!

Sorry, if you're not comfortable driving to the speed limit, you are a liability & should not be on the road.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:28 pm

Spargo wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Sorry, if you're not comfortable driving to the speed limit, you are a liability & should not be on the road.

Its a speed LIMIT, not a recommended speed. No where in the road rules does it say you have to sit on it. There's nothing wrong with sitting 10kms under the limit.

There are rules for sitting at dangerously low speeds, but not for driving carefully in the conditions.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:28 pm

im not saying i dont drive at the speed limit, but i dont care if others dont, as long as they are in the left lane.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Spargo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 pm

bennymacca wrote:im not saying i dont drive at the speed limit, but i dont care if others dont, as long as they are in the left lane.

This is a rarity.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby helicopterking » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 pm

HH3 wrote:
Spargo wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Its a speed LIMIT, not a recommended speed. No where in the road rules does it say you have to sit on it. There's nothing wrong with sitting 10kms under the limit.

There are rules for sitting at dangerously low speeds, but not for driving carefully in the conditions.

You sound like you would also sit in the right lane for long periods of time for fun.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:34 pm

helicopterking wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Spargo wrote:
bennymacca wrote:[quote="carey"]F**k wits who think the minute it rains all speed limits drop by 25kms an hour. If you can't drive in the wet stay off the f**king road. Idiots

You sound like you would also sit in the right lane for long periods of time for fun.[/quote]
If its a 60km zone and i know Im turning right at some point, i will sit in the right lane as long as i want.

I'll do the limit, and if people are up my arse, its because they're speeding, so f**k em.

There's no "keep left unless overtaking" rule on roads under 80kms, so I'm not doing anything wrong.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:34 pm

bennymacca wrote:im not saying i dont drive at the speed limit, but i dont care if others dont, as long as they are in the left lane.

It's all good in theory but there's too many idiots on the road that can't do basic stuff.
Coming off Burton Road on to Port Wakefield Road there's at least a kilometre of merging lane yet sometimes an idiot will come to a halt right at the intersection rather than speed up or slow down to slot in where there's sufficient space, this causes traffic to bank up immediately then causes potential accidents behind them as someone 4 deep decides to cut up around at 100 mile an hour.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:35 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

It's all good in theory but there's too many idiots on the road that can't do basic stuff.
Coming off Burton Road on to Port Wakefield Road there's at least a kilometre of merging lane yet sometimes an idiot will come to a halt right at the intersection rather than speed up or slow down to slot in where there's sufficient space, this causes traffic to bank up immediately then causes potential accidents behind them as someone 4 deep decides to cut up around at 100 mile an hour.

thats not a speed issue, thats incompetence
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:37 pm

Spargo wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Bollocks. If it's wet and people choose to slow down a little then good on them.

People who think it being wet makes no difference to car control are the liabilities on the road, not those who extend further caution to their driving in those conditions.

**** me, we live in Adelaide where a drive might explode out from 15 minutes to over 20!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:37 pm

HH3 wrote:If its a 60km zone and i know Im turning right at some point, i will sit in the right lane as long as i want.

I'll do the limit, and if people are up my arse, its because they're speeding, so f**k em.

There's no "keep left unless overtaking" rule on roads under 80kms, so I'm not doing anything wrong.

I reckon there is, I was travelling along right on the speed limit as there was a copper right behind me, he got into the left lane, tooted his horn and signaled for me to get in the other lane, I thought he was pulling me over but he didn't stop so I gather that's what he was implying.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:38 pm

HH3 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

thats not a speed issue, thats incompetence

I was just chiming in while we're discussing traffic.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Bollocks. If it's wet and people choose to slow down a little then good on them.

People who think it being wet makes no difference to car control are the liabilities on the road, not those who extend further caution to their driving in those conditions.

**** me, we live in Adelaide where a drive might explode out from 15 minutes to over 20!

Exactly.

Its the overconfident drivers that cause accidents moreso than the cautious ones
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:39 pm

HH3 wrote:If its a 60km zone and i know Im turning right at some point, i will sit in the right lane as long as i want.

Absolutely. If I'm in the right lane and doing the posted speed limit, get ****** to those climbing all over me. I'm doing the limit, if you're wanting to do over the limit that's not my problem.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:41 pm

Booney wrote:

I think the metropolitan speed limits are pretty much on the money for all conditions except for torrential rain, I'm never in a rush so I don't bother letting traffic get to me, some people do take their caution to new level which makes me wonder why they are the road in the first place.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Booney wrote:

Absolutely. If I'm in the right lane and doing the posted speed limit, get ****** to those climbing all over me. I'm doing the limit, if you're wanting to do over the limit that's not my problem.

I'll just move across and let them through, it's not worth the bullshit that can follow.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:44 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

I'll just move across and let them through, it's not worth the bullshit that can follow.

Typically, I agree, but if I'm going right at some point they can wait.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:46 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

I think the metropolitan speed limits are pretty much on the money for all conditions except for torrential rain, I'm never in a rush so I don't bother letting traffic get to me, some people do take their caution to new level which makes me wonder why they are the road in the first place.

A good mate has done several advanced driving courses through his employment in SAPOL, his description of driving on wet roads and how much difference it makes to car handling should be,IMO, something all drivers learn.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I reckon there is, I was travelling along right on the speed limit as there was a copper right behind me, he got into the left lane, tooted his horn and signaled for me to get in the other lane, I thought he was pulling me over but he didn't stop so I gather that's what he was implying.

I reckon it is something along the lines of "...drive as close to the left hand side as practicable..."
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby heater31 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:00 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

A good mate has done several advanced driving courses through his employment in SAPOL, his description of driving on wet roads and how much difference it makes to car handling should be,IMO, something all drivers learn.

Only an idiot wouldn't realise that it takes more concentration and attention driving in wet conditions. I find that when it is wet the traffic is infinitely worse and patronage on public transport is less as people can't be arsed to use it because its wet.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion