Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:00 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:If its a 60km zone and i know Im turning right at some point, i will sit in the right lane as long as i want.

I'll do the limit, and if people are up my arse, its because they're speeding, so f**k em.

There's no "keep left unless overtaking" rule on roads under 80kms, so I'm not doing anything wrong.

Absolutely. If I'm in the right lane and doing the posted speed limit, get ****** to those climbing all over me. I'm doing the limit, if you're wanting to do over the limit that's not my problem.

I'll just move across and let them through, it's not worth the bullshit that can follow.

Typically, I agree, but if I'm going right at some point they can wait.

Same
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby carey » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:23 pm

bennymacca wrote:
carey wrote:F**k wits who think the minute it rains all speed limits drop by 25kms an hour. If you can't drive in the wet stay off the f**king road. Idiots

Or you could just have a bit of respect for other road users that want to drive at a speed they are comfortable with and you could just leave a bit earlier!!

That'd be a typical response from you.

So it's ok to do 40kms and hour sitting in the right lane? Yeah ok Benny.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:23 pm

Maybe read my other posts Carey my boy.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby carey » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:26 pm

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:If its a 60km zone and i know Im turning right at some point, i will sit in the right lane as long as i want.

I'll do the limit, and if people are up my arse, its because they're speeding, so f**k em.

There's no "keep left unless overtaking" rule on roads under 80kms, so I'm not doing anything wrong.

Absolutely. If I'm in the right lane and doing the posted speed limit, get ****** to those climbing all over me. I'm doing the limit, if you're wanting to do over the limit that's not my problem.

I have no problem at l with doing the speed limit that's fine. But, that's my point sitting in the right lane doing 40kms an hour is absolutely ridiculous and causes issues. Sit in the left lane and drive at your leisure
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:09 pm

Yep, It's the sitting in the right lane that shits me, not the speed.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:12 pm

Petrol was $1.21 this morning on my way to work, I had to duck out at lunch and it had jumped nearly 20c per litre. If I could walk into OTR in the morning and just pay I would've, usually it's a 10 minute wait while the one person working is making 26 coffee's.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spangas » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:50 pm

http://mylicence.sa.gov.au/road-rules/t ... iving-road

Left lane is perfectly fine as long as it's under 80km/h or there is no keep left unless overtaking sign marked.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Spangas wrote:http://mylicence.sa.gov.au/road-rules/the-drivers-handbook/driving-road

Left lane is perfectly fine as long as it's under 80km/h or there is no keep left unless overtaking sign marked.

So we have to beware of red cars?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Petrol was $1.21 this morning on my way to work, I had to duck out at lunch and it had jumped nearly 20c per litre. If I could walk into OTR in the morning and just pay I would've, usually it's a 10 minute wait while the one person working is making 26 coffee's.

There's that key phrase again!!

Got me stuffed how that mob are profitable given how you never know how long you're going to be tied up inside waiting to be served. Stopped using tehm well over two years ago.

Get what you deserve when you choose to use them IMO
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:07 pm

am Bays wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Petrol was $1.21 this morning on my way to work, I had to duck out at lunch and it had jumped nearly 20c per litre. If I could walk into OTR in the morning and just pay I would've, usually it's a 10 minute wait while the one person working is making 26 coffee's.

There's that key phrase again!!

Got me stuffed how that mob are profitable given how you never know how long you're going to be tied up inside waiting to be served. Stopped using tehm well over two years ago.

Get what you deserve when you choose to use them IMO

A bit hard when they're the only ones on my side of the road on my journey to work, I usually go for a drive up Prospect Road at an obscure time, they never put their prices up.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spangas » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:26 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spangas wrote:http://mylicence.sa.gov.au/road-rules/the-drivers-handbook/driving-road

Yes. Especially, red racing cars.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Spangas wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yes. Especially, red racing cars.

haha, welcome aboard Spangas. ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:44 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I reckon there is, I was travelling along right on the speed limit as there was a copper right behind me, he got into the left lane, tooted his horn and signaled for me to get in the other lane, I thought he was pulling me over but he didn't stop so I gather that's what he was implying.

I reckon it is something along the lines of "...drive as close to the left hand side as practicable..."

Thats the lane, not the road. If its two lanes and under 80kms, you can be in whichever lane you want for as long as you want.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:54 pm

HH3 wrote:Thats the lane, not the road. If its two lanes and under 80kms, you can be in whichever lane you want for as long as you want.

Common sense should prevail.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:09 pm

I don't mind OTR.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:16 pm

bennymacca wrote:I don't mind OTR.

I generally don't mind them, just not in the mornings.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:20 pm

bennymacca wrote:I don't mind OTR.

Really?
I avoid them at all costs but had to use their David Tce servo one day last week. Filled up with fuel and by time I went in to pay there was about a dozen people lined up with 1 young fella behind the counter making them all coffees.
Was running late so put the exact money in the counter and told him the pump number and he hits back with wait your bloody turn! By this time I was fuming and hit back with "You are a ******* petrol station how about serving people with petrol first" He came and snatched the cash out of my hand with a scowl lol.
I wont be ever going back to one, would rather drive 5km up the road if they are too stingy to employ extra staff.
Why would anyone buy their shit coffee anyway? Plenty of decent cafes around
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:21 pm

I have one statement, then one question.

Statement. If Im in the right hand lane doing 60kms in a 60km zone, the only way you could possibly have a problem with that is if you're speeding. I won't change the way I drive to suit people who want to break the law. If you're speeding in the right lane, people in the left lane checking their mirrors to move over before a right hand turn have to judge if you're coming faster than you should. Thats just one dangerous situation it causes.

Question. IF you are in the right hand land and NOT speeding, what the f**k are you doing in it for long enough to get aggitated with people driving too slow in it. Surely you're only in it for a few hundred meters before you turn right. Right?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:28 pm

HH3 wrote:I have one statement, then one question.

Statement. If Im in the right hand lane doing 60kms in a 60km zone, the only way you could possibly have a problem with that is if you're speeding. I won't change the way I drive to suit people who want to break the law. If you're speeding in the right lane, people in the left lane checking their mirrors to move over before a right hand turn have to judge if you're coming faster than you should. Thats just one dangerous situation it causes.

Question. IF you are in the right hand land and NOT speeding, what the f**k are you doing in it for long enough to get aggitated with people driving too slow in it. Surely you're only in it for a few hundred meters before you turn right. Right?

It's a courtesy thing, I'd sooner not piss off the wrong person on the road, each to their own though
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:38 pm

When I was doing my driving lessons my instructor said

"The biggest ******* on the roads are the people who think there is any difference between the left and right lanes when the speed limit is less than 80. Anyone who thinks the right hand lane is the fast lane is an imbecile."
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion