Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby marbles » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:44 pm

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:
houghton oval can host finals?

Why wouldn't we?

u leave yourself open there :D any takers?

No, no. I'd prefer for you to embarrass yourself.

the perimeters are fenced off? paid entry yerr
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:49 pm

marbles wrote:the perimeters are fenced off? paid entry yerr

It will cost to park inside the ground, yes. $5 a car.

The oval is in pretty good nick, all things considered. Both our teams have scored over a hundred points there for two consecutive weeks. Clubroom wing is soft and I got the roller stuck in it on Friday night, but I have two weeks to get on it again for a cut and roll before the next game.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:57 pm

Andy Rogers was not happy when told he has to pay 5 dollars he updated his facebook status to not happy

Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm

^^^ Is that Reece?
Q.
Coach

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:43 pm

Q. wrote:

The oval is in pretty good nick, all things considered. Both our teams have scored over a hundred points there for two consecutive weeks. Clubroom wing is soft and I got the roller stuck in it on Friday night, but I have two weeks to get on it again for a cut and roll before the next game.

Hey Q you ever seen Narine oval? (Hills Div 2 club) Went past yours recently and yours reminded me a lot of it with the oval being in a small valley, similar size especially the small pockets and both clubrooms being in the top pocket area. (they have both club and change rooms in the one area) Was impressed with your setup especially the ability to car cars nearly all the way round and did think at the time it would make a good ground for a final between smaller clubs. Unfortunately could also see the oval getting cut up if heavy rain fell but you are no orphan there.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:41 pm

speaking of Q i drove past him on the way home from Houghton today i figured he was on the way to mow the lawn

Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:22 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:
Q. wrote:

Hey Q you ever seen Narine oval? (Hills Div 2 club) Went past yours recently and yours reminded me a lot of it with the oval being in a small valley, similar size especially the small pockets and both clubrooms being in the top pocket area. (they have both club and change rooms in the one area) Was impressed with your setup especially the ability to car cars nearly all the way round and did think at the time it would make a good ground for a final between smaller clubs. Unfortunately could also see the oval getting cut up if heavy rain fell but you are no orphan there.

Don't reckon I've been to Nairne oval. Ours does get a great atmosphere due to the setup and we're fortunate enough to be in a position to host another final in two weeks, which should be a full house.

Lots of rich, clay-heavy soils in the hills, including ours. A herringbone drainage system ($100K) would help with some of our drainage issues. Not sure what methods other country clubs have implemented for their situation.
Q.
Coach

Postby cracka » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:54 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:speaking of Q i drove past him on the way home from Houghton today i figured he was on the way to mow the lawn

This was him multitasking, stocking the bar then off to mow.

cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby letthetruthbetold » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:42 am

After reading recent post around SPOS & the sacking of the A grade coach a few different versions have come out on why he got sacked. My understanding is footy chick is right on the money. He was hired to coach and pick the best side each week, as well as giving blokes the opportunity which looking at his results 9 & 3 giving them a finals spot in the first year looks like he was doing the right thing, we would love to have been in this position weeks before the end of the year. Unfortunately the 2 founders of the club wanted him to pick mates of mates. Looking at the game after the coach was sacked, 5 B grade players come up (How'd that work out) 1.4 to 10.15 Now that's funny..!!!

It's been made aware to me that yes the coach was at the Windsor the night in question, yet had nothing to do with the poor behaviour of the players on that night. 1 players suspended for 4 weeks and 7 others spoken to. From what I've been told it was only due to the relationship the coach had with the hotel manager that SPOS were able to go back.. Week 1 they were asked not to go back to the Oakden for same sort of thing and also lost there meat sponsor....

As far as the game those players went to watch Uni/Houghton & the lack of respect they showed & carrying on like twats, wouldn't have impressed the coach one bit. I heard that the 2 young founders were at the game in the mix of all of it. If this is true not a great look for a new club, I think it just shows a lack of maturity.

I'm sure he's better for not being involved with a club like that.
letthetruthbetold
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby BZB27 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:55 am

Bang!!!

Welcome to the forums letthetruthbetold
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby morell » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Ohhh juicy.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Milly » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:14 pm

letthetruthbetold wrote:After reading recent post around SPOS & the sacking of the A grade coach a few different versions have come out on why he got sacked. My understanding is footy chick is right on the money. He was hired to coach and pick the best side each week, as well as giving blokes the opportunity which looking at his results 9 & 3 giving them a finals spot in the first year looks like he was doing the right thing, we would love to have been in this position weeks before the end of the year. Unfortunately the 2 founders of the club wanted him to pick mates of mates. Looking at the game after the coach was sacked, 5 B grade players come up (How'd that work out) 1.4 to 10.15 Now that's funny..!!!

It's been made aware to me that yes the coach was at the Windsor the night in question, yet had nothing to do with the poor behaviour of the players on that night. 1 players suspended for 4 weeks and 7 others spoken to. From what I've been told it was only due to the relationship the coach had with the hotel manager that SPOS were able to go back.. Week 1 they were asked not to go back to the Oakden for same sort of thing and also lost there meat sponsor....

As far as the game those players went to watch Uni/Houghton & the lack of respect they showed & carrying on like twats, wouldn't have impressed the coach one bit. I heard that the 2 young founders were at the game in the mix of all of it. If this is true not a great look for a new club, I think it just shows a lack of maturity.

Spose the two young founders want hands on selection after investing 4 figure sum each to get the club started. Does that entitle you to selection?

President really needs to step up here and so something, but from my understanding he had a lot to do to the detriment of the original SPOSFC and seems to be doing the same here. Might as well call them the Gilles Plains Football Club and start again :oops:
Under 16s

Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:17 pm

Im in no way privy to anything happening at SPOSFC, but if anyone outside of the coach is trying to influence selections then the club Is set for disaster.. Board appoints the coach, coach picks the players from what he has available to him.. In no way should a board influence selections at any club, only ends in tears
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Arch44 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:24 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Im in no way privy to anything happening at SPOSFC, but if anyone outside of the coach is trying to influence selections then the club Is set for disaster.. Board appoints the coach, coach picks the players from what he has available to him.. In no way should a board influence selections at any club, only ends in tears

Spot on HT!
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Footymang » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Milly wrote:
letthetruthbetold wrote:After reading recent post around SPOS & the sacking of the A grade coach a few different versions have come out on why he got sacked. My understanding is footy chick is right on the money. He was hired to coach and pick the best side each week, as well as giving blokes the opportunity which looking at his results 9 & 3 giving them a finals spot in the first year looks like he was doing the right thing, we would love to have been in this position weeks before the end of the year. Unfortunately the 2 founders of the club wanted him to pick mates of mates. Looking at the game after the coach was sacked, 5 B grade players come up (How'd that work out) 1.4 to 10.15 Now that's funny..!!!

Spose the two young founders want hands on selection after investing 4 figure sum each to get the club started. Does that entitle you to selection?

President really needs to step up here and so something, but from my understanding he had a lot to do to the detriment of the original SPOSFC and seems to be doing the same here. Might as well call them the Gilles Plains Football Club and start again :oops:

Woah, don't get ahead of yourself Milly. The morale at the club is great at the moment and both the club and the school see a bright future together for the both of us.
Footymang
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times

Postby morell » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:56 pm

This is great! popcorn.gif

Also, HT is spot on, you can't have anyone outside of the match committee have anything to say in regards to selections. Doesn't matter if they donate a meal voucher or invest 100k.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:59 pm

Eddie McGuire picks the Collingwood team?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Milly » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Footymang wrote:
Milly wrote:

Woah, don't get ahead of yourself Milly. The morale at the club is great at the moment and both the club and the school see a bright future together for the both of us.

Sure the morale is high :roll: You got a coach clearly being undermined by the investors, and a president who was involved with SPOSFC Mark I, and we all know how well that ended up. Cleared out to Mawson Lakes to get some support and players. Might as well cut your losses now, change the name to Gilles Plains FC and get the Highlander Hotel on board as Major Sponsor. Wouldn't be your worst move
Under 16s

Been liked: 49 times

Postby Footymang » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:34 pm

Milly wrote:
Footymang wrote:
Milly wrote:

Sure the morale is high :roll: You got a coach clearly being undermined by the investors, and a president who was involved with SPOSFC Mark I, and we all know how well that ended up. Cleared out to Mawson Lakes to get some support and players. Might as well cut your losses now, change the name to Gilles Plains FC and get the Highlander Hotel on board as Major Sponsor. Wouldn't be your worst move

FYI, this is actually the third re-emergence of SPOSFC.
The school is looking to build a stronger Old Scholars community than we have ever had, and with the emergence of a soccer old scholars club this year as well as the re-emergence of SPOSFC, proudly representing the school, I think they're well on their way.
Footymang
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Q. » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:34 pm

How is the oval looking for this Saturday @footymang?
Q.
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League