14%
Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby Yank Man » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:53 pm

Q. wrote:How is the oval looking for this Saturday @footymang?

A bog, a bog doesn't change inside a week without lots of sun and no rain. Will be close inside, lots of contested footy and the team that likes to get down and dirty will win. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Dangeroos » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:24 pm

morell wrote:This is great! popcorn.gif

Also, HT is spot on, you can't have anyone outside of the match committee have anything to say in regards to selections. Doesn't matter if they donate a meal voucher or invest 100k.

Club presidents need only to step in on team selection matters when the welfare of the club is at stake, eg behavior, financial issues etc. Otherwise, it's up to the coaching staff.
Dangeroos
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby Q. » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:32 pm

Yank Man wrote:

A bog, a bog doesn't change inside a week without lots of sun and no rain. Will be close inside, lots of contested footy and the team that likes to get down and dirty will win. :D

Is there a bar and bbq?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Yank Man » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:28 pm

Q. wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Is there a bar and bbq?

Not last week, but sometimes. Hungry Jacks is close by though. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Footymang » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:13 pm

Q. wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Is there a bar and bbq?

BBQ and bar will be in full swing. The oval is by no means a bog; I don't know how pristine Mithell Park's oval is atm, but compared to some of the ovals we've played on in recent weeks I think our oval is holding up pretty good.
Footymang
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:53 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Q. wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Is there a bar and bbq?

Not last week, but sometimes. Hungry Jacks is close by though. :D

and maccas and fasta pasta and chinese and diminoes and a bakery and chicken chef and subway and an indian restaurant and hogs breath and the nor east...

I dont think ive missed anything :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby BZB27 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:06 am

Footy Chick wrote:
and maccas and fasta pasta and chinese and diminoes and a bakery and chicken chef and subway and an indian restaurant and hogs breath and the nor east...

I dont think ive missed anything :lol:

Might have to grab chicken chef for the long 5 minute trek back home :)
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby fisho mcspaz » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:27 pm

According to one of the blokes from Mitchell Park, if you go to Chicken Chef you've got to stop by the South Australian Bird Company next door. Not sure of the fine details, but it's apparently really awesome and includes a $5000 macaw on a leash, but only on Sundays. You're welcome. :D
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Q. » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:32 pm

Less food, more SPOSFC turmoil talk.
Q.
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:52 pm

Q. wrote:Less food, more SPOSFC turmoil talk.

if they dish what they did 2 weeks ago will be more turmoil :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Sass! » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:15 pm

Ive actually heard a lot of first hand accounts of what went down at SPOSFC.. I think for it to be said that the Coach was sacked due to something that happened at a sponsors hotel is a complete farce.. ive heard from players that he was at the hotel when the incident occurred but a player caused most the issues, the coach actually had to smooth things over.. was also told by a player that he wouldn't last the season as he hadn't been picking the right people.. which I find hard to believe when a side sits 9-3 or whatever they were..

As someone that played under that coach for a couple of years, I wont argue that he didn't always make the choice that everyone wanted in relation to selection, but he took us to a flag in 2012 and made finals in Div 7 last year with an average of 9 changes a week.. Coaches aren't in a role to make friends, and they certainly aren't their to be a figure head while the committee and players dictate which of their mates plays where, whether they can play the game or not.. will be hard to attract a decent coach to the club knowing that if you don't play X player, even though he is coming back from injury or has been terrible the past 6 weeks, that you will get the sack for some made up reason..

a lot of MFC lower grade players followed Kelso to SPOSFC, some with school connections, some to play a lower grade of A grade standard.. be interesting to see what they do now.. either way, I think the excuse given by that club is a major cop out.. my mail is that if you want to be a coach of that club you will need to pick a certain group of lads whether its warranted or not. reeks of nepotism and is no way to build a positive football culture. Next years coaching applicants should have pre drilled holes for where the strings can be attached, if the committee are going to be involved in selection it is going to be a nightmare job better suited to a puppet than someone who wants to win games and get success.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:13 pm

Sass! wrote:
As someone that played under that coach for a couple of years, I wont argue that he didn't always make the choice that everyone wanted in relation to selection, but he took us to a flag in 2012 and made finals in Div 7 last year with an average of 9 changes a week.. Coaches aren't in a role to make friends, and they certainly aren't their to be a figure head while the committee and players dictate which of their mates plays where, whether they can play the game or not.. .

This.... well said Sass

Give your dad a kiss for me ;)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:32 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Sass! wrote:
As someone that played under that coach for a couple of years, I wont argue that he didn't always make the choice that everyone wanted in relation to selection, but he took us to a flag in 2012 and made finals in Div 7 last year with an average of 9 changes a week.. Coaches aren't in a role to make friends, and they certainly aren't their to be a figure head while the committee and players dictate which of their mates plays where, whether they can play the game or not.. .

This.... well said Sass

Give your dad a kiss for me ;)

so is Sass the old St-Pauls coach son ?
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby The Informer » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:17 pm

Not surprised at all to read this stuff after past experiences with these guys
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby Q. » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:37 pm

The_Informer wrote:Not surprised at all to read this stuff after past experiences with these guys

Who is the President?
Q.
Coach

Postby letthetruthbetold » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:00 pm

So I can understand your very well thought out dribble on the forum about the SPOSFC sacked coach.

A bloke who lives near you told you he's a shit coach. The same guy who didn't get picked for A's and didn't train? Really and he's surprised he didn't get he didn't get a game?

I'm so glad we have freedom of speech because if it wasn't for people like yourself the world would be a boring place.

Good on you
letthetruthbetold
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:36 pm

letthetruthbetold wrote:So I can understand your very well thought out dribble on the forum about the SPOSFC sacked coach.

A bloke who lives near you told you he's a shit coach. The same guy who didn't get picked for A's and didn't train? Really and he's surprised he didn't get he didn't get a game?

I'm so glad we have freedom of speech because if it wasn't for people like yourself the world would be a boring place.

Good on you

sorry F.C would delete his name and ban me before i could post the name but i repeated exactly what he said to me he didnt get picked he spat it now the coach is gone he is picked simple as that

and yes he was suprised he was not getting a game he felt he was playing good football just not trainning
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:56 pm

Did you say Ban YOU?

With pleasure!

Now what did I do with that ban stick...:lol: \:D/ :YMPARTY:

Footy Chick

Postby BZB27 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:08 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Did you say Ban YOU?

With pleasure!

Now what did I do with that ban stick...:lol: \:D/ :YMPARTY:

Would be a boring place without the king of the North
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby adr107 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:56 pm

Good hard day of footy at St Pauls. Thanks for the hospitality.

Really hope the two lads who were constantly arguing in the reserves don't let their antics filter through the side and same goes for the bloke in the 1s who got dragged, smacked the interchange bench, took his guernsey off and walked...
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League