Round 17 Eagles vs Adelaide on Sunday

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Round 17 Eagles vs Adelaide on Sunday

Postby spell_check » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:29 pm

1st vs 7th...but in games like these, it's not the ladder positions we need to look at here, it is this:
Attachments
afl listed.PNG
afl listed.PNG (5.33 KiB) Viewed 6445 times
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Re: Round 17 Eagles vs Adelaide on Sunday

Postby spell_check » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:32 pm

That is the updated list of AFL listed players in Crows matches, now for the teams and in bold are the AFL listed players for this match:

EAGLES
League
F: Allmond, McGregor, Lewis
HF: Poole, Wundke, C. Hall
C: Jarrad, Schwarz, N. Hayes
HB: P. Raymond, von Bertouch, Martyn
B: Templeton, Thompson, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Rowntree, Petrenko
INT: Ainger, Press, Appleton, Boyd, Whittlesea
IN: Appleton, Boyd, Whittlesea
OUT: Rowland (illness)

ADELAIDE

League
F: Lowden, Podsiadly, Osborn
HF: Ramsey, McGovern, Callinan
C: A. Wilson, Ellis-Yolmen, Kerridge
HB: Kelly, Otten, Wigg
B: Martin, Cheney, Shaw

R: O’Brien, Grigg, Wright
INT: Castree, Spencely, Carey, Pfeiffer, Wittwer
IN: Ramsey, Martin, Wigg, Castree
OUT: Dear (ankle), Wellington

However, I reckon if we really want to be premiership contenders, we should be some chance to win it.
spell_check
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:07 am

Adelaide 1-39. Like the other remaining game of the round this one is also very hard to pick. The fact Ainger is on the bench has swayed me towards the Crows just. The form team of the comp v The top team, this should be a good contest.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby PhilH » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:27 am

A big day on and off the field.
Attachments
Kids Day picture v2.png
Kids Day picture v2.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 6349 times
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:06 pm

17 AFL listed in their team, the 2nd highest against anyone should be enough to get them through
Adelaide reserves by 25-30 points
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:27 pm

You know the competition is not compromised when the team sitting clearly on top of the ladder (Eagles) goes in as rank underdogs against the team currently sitting seventh. Sportsbet have got the eagles at $2.20 and the crows at $1.61. What a joke
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby stan » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:44 pm

spell_check wrote:That is the updated list of AFL listed players in Crows matches, now for the teams and in bold are the AFL listed players for this match:

EAGLES
League
F: Allmond, McGregor, Lewis
HF: Poole, Wundke, C. Hall
C: Jarrad, Schwarz, N. Hayes
HB: P. Raymond, von Bertouch, Martyn
B: Templeton, Thompson, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Rowntree, Petrenko
INT: Ainger, Press, Appleton, Boyd, Whittlesea
IN: Appleton, Boyd, Whittlesea
OUT: Rowland (illness)

ADELAIDE

League
F: Lowden, Podsiadly, Osborn
HF: Ramsey, McGovern, Callinan
C: A. Wilson, Ellis-Yolmen, Kerridge
HB: Kelly, Otten, Wigg
B: Martin, Cheney, Shaw

R: O’Brien, Grigg, Wright
INT: Castree, Spencely, Carey, Pfeiffer, Wittwer
IN: Ramsey, Martin, Wigg, Castree
OUT: Dear (ankle), Wellington

However, I reckon if we really want to be premiership contenders, we should be some chance to win it.

Christ that's a reasonable reserves side. 17 AFL Listed players. Bloody hell.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Mr Fuller » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:58 pm

Their forward line is too tall IMO. As named, five of the six named forwards would be 190cm+.

Throw in their named 1st ruckman and the key defenders and in total you get a side that is far too top heavy.

We may be able to expose them with some run and quick movement.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Postby Keefy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:01 pm

There is some massive units in that crows side.

Hope you guys can do everyone a favour and knock them off
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby matt35 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:41 pm

Heading along to this game; should be a ripper with hopefully a really good crowd. Hoping the Crow boys kick straighter than at Noarlunga. That being the case, Crows in a close one.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Reddeer » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:49 am

Wont be compromising any integrity by attending a crows practice match
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby another grub » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:01 am

Crows to top heavy. Eagles by 2 goals.
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 434 times
Been liked: 403 times

Postby wedgetail » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:38 pm

Only saw the second half due to junior footy commitments but what I saw was 'finals type' pressure and a thoroughly entertaining game to watch. Thought the Adelaide Reserves superior fitness would see them over the line in a tight last quarter but to the Eagles' credit, their will to win and fierce tackling got them over the line. Allmond and Jarrad were outstanding closely followed by Rowntree. Vonbertouch and Thompson were also terrific down back. McGregor (groin) and Thompson (ankle) could be worrisome injuries. Boyd and Goldsworthy both back next week. Eagles players were 'cooked' after the game as quoted by one of the players and will need to rehab properly with only 6 days to the next game against North who will have had a 9 day break.
Crowd announcer said unofficially a crowd of 4600. Congratulations to Phil H and his crew for organising such a great day for the juniors.
South, you can send the 'keg' to Oval Ave at your earliest convenience!
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby spell_check » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:03 pm

I did say if we are supposed to be a premiership contender then we would be be within a chance. There you are! What an effort today to get over the line with just one player left on the bench after 3QT - the achilles heel in the side this year is the 4th quarter but toughed it out to the end.

I guess McGregor and Thompson have the four weeks now to prepare for the 2nd Semi if it is bad enough... there is enough depth for the likes of Boyd, Goldsworthy, Thurlow, Raikiwasa, Batley, Press and Rowland who are able to step into vacancies left after today. Hopefully the side doesn't have a big let down after todays effort as we still have two rounds to go to have a good hit out before the finals. Wedgetail, I (and you probably) could see the players were more spent than jubilant after today; thankfully we don't have to back this match up at Norwood next week!

Also, what a turnout today; well done to Phil H and crew! With our effort today, hopefully we have won over some new young fans!
Last edited by spell_check on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
spell_check
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:12 pm

spell_check wrote:I did say if we are supposed to be a premiership contender then we would be be within a chance. There you are! What an effort today to get over the line with just one player left on the bench after 3QT - the achilles heel in the side this year is the 3th quarter but toughed it out to the end.

I guess McGregor and Thompson have the four weeks now to prepare for the 2nd Semi if it is bad enough... there is enough depth for the likes of Boyd, Goldsworthy, Thurlow, Raikiwasa, Batley, Press and Rowland who are able to step into vacancies left after today. Hopefully the side doesn't have a big let down after todays effort as we still have two rounds to go to have a good hit out before the finals. Wedgetail, I (and you probably) could see the players were more spent than jubilant after today; thankfully we don't have to back this match up at Norwood next week!

Also, what a turnout today; well done to Phil H and crew! With our effort today, hopefully we have won over some new young fans!

Got North next week before you have to worry about us.
Hopefully you can now rest a few for the last minor round game ;)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby spell_check » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:20 pm

Jim05 wrote:
spell_check wrote:I did say if we are supposed to be a premiership contender then we would be be within a chance. There you are! What an effort today to get over the line with just one player left on the bench after 3QT - the achilles heel in the side this year is the 3th quarter but toughed it out to the end.

Got North next week before you have to worry about us.
Hopefully you can now rest a few for the last minor round game ;)

That's right...after the effort put in today I'm glad it isn't Norwood next week!
spell_check
Coach

Postby prowling panther » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:53 am

Sportsbet have got the eagles at $2.20 and the crows at $1.61. What a joke.

Anyone get a piece of the action?
I wish my remembering was as good as my forgetting
prowling panther
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:47 am

Lol @ needing rehab before playing North!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Aerie » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:48 pm

Great work by the Eagles to clinch the minor premiership and do so against one of the strongest AFL reserves teams the Crows would have put on the park who were playing for their season. To also get the biggest crowd since 2000 is a terrific effort by PhilH and co. Listened on the radio and it was rated highly as a spectacle by the commentators, even though it was a low scoring game. IF, the Eagles go on and complete what they have started, I think this was an important win in validating whatever may be around the corner.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:00 am

Aerie wrote:Great work by the Eagles to clinch the minor premiership and do so against one of the strongest AFL reserves teams the Crows would have put on the park who were playing for their season. To also get the biggest crowd since 2000 is a terrific effort by PhilH and co. Listened on the radio and it was rated highly as a spectacle by the commentators, even though it was a low scoring game. IF, the Eagles go on and complete what they have started, I think this was an important win in validating whatever may be around the corner.

I attended the game and can confirm that the match itself was one of the best SANFL spectacles I have seen for a while. Both teams were playing with the intensity and ferocity of a finals match and there were some huge tackles (from the eagles guys in particular) applied. On paper I wasn’t confident of an eagles victory given we were a couple of players off our full-strength side and the Crows were fielding a record number of AFL squad members. So the Eagles had to be switched on all game and they certainly were. The games by Petrenko and Rowntree in close were huge. Allmond and Jarrad continued to star in the backline and his having his best season with the club by a mile. Bornholm had a battle against three recognised Crows ruckman all match (with only minor support by Ainger) but broke even which was a big win for us.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL