Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Dutchy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:06 pm

WHEELS&DEALS wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
WHEELS&DEALS wrote:Also if you struggled to field a 6/7 team at your school isn't that saying something? Maybe there isn't enough kids wanting to play football and when the majority of them go to 3 or 4 clubs, it makes it very hard for the lower clubs to get teams up and running.

You didn't read my subsequent post, kids in year 7 are playing u14's on Saturday mornings for the clubs and when your school is in between Flaggies and HV who are only 3-4kms apart anyway what can you do? Club footy will always win over school footy in this instance.

Different for clubs down the hill as school football comes before club football.

Club footy being exclusively on Sunday also helps.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3500 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:08 pm

petoe wrote:Where is Hackham at as a club now? Seriously!
This is a club that seemed to be building (beat flaggies in 2013, drew with brighton 2014 and just missed the 8 in 2014)
Now they are forfeiting B grade, struggling to field a competive A grade, have had 3 seprerate players suspended for 5,4 and 3 weeks and that's only the ones I know of.
When all was set to build on the positives from 2014 , nearly half the side left? Why? And the players recruited this year have to be questioned for both questionable character and also quality.
Absolute debacle.

Old coach who got sacked is ironically now has his kids playing at Flaggies I believe.

All games moved up tomorrow but 18's starting a bit earlier so Brighton coach can make it to the A grade game where he is an Assistant.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3500 times

Postby Animus » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:14 pm

Edited for accuracy:

All games moved up tomorrow but 18's starting a bit earlier so Brighton coach can make it to the salon before the A grade game where he is an Assistant.
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Straight Line » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:20 pm

Hackham did stick with Marty that was the problem players wanted a change. Marty wasn't sacked he walked out 6 weeks before the season started. I believe the b grade coach who was highly regarded walked a few weeks ago because lack of numbers.
Straight Line
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby reppoh_eht » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:58 pm

reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Boof » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:39 pm

I heard second hand that an Edwardstown player was knocked out after being struck to the back of head with an elbow from a Hackam player, whilst on the ground he was kicked to the back of the head by another Hackam player last weekend. Given the very lenient suspensions what I have been told can surely not have been entirely correct?
Boof
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:04 pm

I thought if you forfeited the B grade the A grade was an automatic forfeit as well?
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:24 pm

WHEELS&DEALS wrote:I thought if you forfeited the B grade the A grade was an automatic forfeit as well?

Clubs pick and choose what teams they field in this league. No standards are set, nothing is enforced. As a result the programming is a cluster-fxxx
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby norwood8 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:25 pm

reppoh_eht wrote:So after the tribunal visit earlier in the week it seems the Hackham circus has returned... The B Grade have already forfeited against Flaggies and I'm sure their A Grade will be fairly depleted too!

Hope the lads enjoy their holiday, albeit a much shorter one than it should've been after looking at the footage.

Sounds like a real quality person... WTF is wrong with our society.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 6501465755
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:31 pm

reppoh_eht wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/police-investigate-alleged-on-field-assault-during-a-clash-between-edwardstown-and-hackham/story-fni9lkvc-1227483620825

The shame is that Hackham seem to have a few good years every 3-4 years before reverting to type. I feel sorry for the genuine' who put in down there. But, a pattern is a pattern. It has gone on too long. I say they evict them out of the comp. The SAAFL appears must stronger against these rogue clubs. The SFL has left this issue fester for decades.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:58 am

norwood8 wrote:
reppoh_eht wrote:So after the tribunal visit earlier in the week it seems the Hackham circus has returned... The B Grade have already forfeited against Flaggies and I'm sure their A Grade will be fairly depleted too!

Hope the lads enjoy their holiday, albeit a much shorter one than it should've been after looking at the footage.

Sounds like a real quality person... WTF is wrong with our society.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 6501465755

"also had a conviction for stealing marshmallows in 2010"
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:03 am

So has Aldinga really lost there coach? Did he walk or was he sacked?
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Boof » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:04 am

Time spent in prison might explain why he came from behind!!!
Boof
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:50 am

Boof wrote:Time spent in prison might explain why he came from behind!!!

It might explain one incident. What explains the past 20 years at HFC?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:30 am

WHEELS&DEALS wrote:So has Aldinga really lost there coach? Did he walk or was he sacked?

No Sarg is still coach.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:16 am

Congrats to the Wineflies to good on the day.

Who signed off on the ground report ? I know it is winter BUT the oval is a disgrace and I don't know who is at fault but something must be done.

I made mention a couple of weeks ago re A grade umpiring standard , WELL this was the most disappointing standard this year from central but more importantly the boundary!!! the basic to just throw the ball in to the ruck contest well f--k me not once did the ruck men get a contest as the ball would land before them or at knee height or as on one occasion straight to an onballer that takes off with no recall from central that led to a goal.
Not good enough for A grade standard.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby tigerpie » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:02 pm

shoe boy wrote:Congrats to the Wineflies to good on the day.

Who signed off on the ground report ? I know it is winter BUT the oval is a disgrace and I don't know who is at fault but something must be done.

I made mention a couple of weeks ago re A grade umpiring standard , WELL this was the most disappointing standard this year from central but more importantly the boundary!!! the basic to just throw the ball in to the ruck contest well f--k me not once did the ruck men get a contest as the ball would land before them or at knee height or as on one occasion straight to an onballer that takes off with no recall from central that led to a goal.

Oh please....its a winter sport, lots of rain and traffic.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby MrTeach » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:05 pm

tigerpie wrote:
shoe boy wrote:Congrats to the Wineflies to good on the day.

Oh please....its a winter sport, lots of rain and traffic.

I tend to agree with TigerPie, it is a winter sport and not every oval can be the same. Reynella oval would get a lot of traffic because Over 35s play there too. No use complaining ShoeBoy both sides play on it so it is fair for both.
MrTeach
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby shoe boy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:29 pm

I tend to agree with TigerPie, it is a winter sport and not every oval can be the same. Reynella oval would get a lot of traffic because Over 35s play there too. No use complaining ShoeBoy both sides play on it so it is fair for both.[/quote]

Agree about both sides playing on that deck but that does not change my opinion about the surface or lack of!!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby tigerpie » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:53 pm

shoe boy wrote:I tend to agree with TigerPie, it is a winter sport and not every oval can be the same. Reynella oval would get a lot of traffic because Over 35s play there too. No use complaining ShoeBoy both sides play on it so it is fair for both.[/quote]

Agree about both sides playing on that deck but that does not change my opinion about the surface or lack of!!

To be fair to you shoe boy you've been stuck on a wetty two years in a row.
Love to put a roof over it but then you'd complain its too hard!
The SFL look after you pretty well, go whinge to them.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL