Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:08 pm

norm11 wrote:Should have come and said hello magpie

Was eating too many hot chips, got there at the Q break and stayed to half way through 3rd Q
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby norm11 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:54 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
norm11 wrote:Should have come and said hello magpie

Was eating too many hot chips, got there at the Q break and stayed to half way through 3rd Q

And what did u think of the standard and the facilities??
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:31 pm

OnSong wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
OnSong wrote:I accept perhaps the analysis of United may have missed the mark but perhaps a bit harsh on someone simply participating in debate.

The analysis of Mallala as a viable township is also off the mark if you consider the way the locals are rallying there at the moment on the back of the hospital closure and impending shift of council's administration.

Thought it was a well-presented opinion but to label it "a load of shit" is a bit rough.

Credit to the response though but without knowing exactly what's going on at every other club, it's hard to be right on all facets of each one.

Fair call but I think its a bit rough for someone to express his / her opinions on the league as a whole and how it is suffering when they were possibly a part of nearly killing a club, then portraying the whole league is in strife. My main point is that if Hamley weren't so poorly mismanaged we wouldn't even be talking of the (faint I hope) possibility of losing a side and the need to replace them.

Your point was well-made too. Absolutely agree

I tend to agree MC. For me the issue is about getting good people in the right positions within each club. There is not a club in this league that can not function in its current situation (i.e. population, locality, availability of juniors etc etc).
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Any developments with AVFC? I heard that the APFL & AVFC met last night.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Red Rocket » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:17 pm

415 point loss to Hamley today. Mallala with 20.7 in the second quarter.
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby norm11 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:37 pm

Red Rocket wrote:415 point loss to Hamley today. Mallala with 20.7 in the second quarter.

Wow. Seen this on sporting pulse and thought it was a misprint. Really hope they survive this.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Postby bennymacca » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:12 am

Red Rocket wrote:415 point loss to Hamley today. Mallala with 20.7 in the second quarter.

Wow.

Wonder where that ranks in the biggest losses in history
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:23 am

bennymacca wrote:

Wow.

It'll be up there but IIRC Angle Vale own the record for most goals conceded, something in the mid 70's rings a bell.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:40 am

mighty hounds wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Wow.

It'll be up there but IIRC Angle Vale own the record for most goals conceded, something in the mid 70's rings a bell.

Gumeracha won by over 480 points against Callington a few years back.
Pretty sure a side in Victoria kicked over 100 one game
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:49 am

Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Wow.

Gumeracha won by over 480 points against Callington a few years back.
Pretty sure a side in Victoria kicked over 100 one game

Angle Vale own the record for SA teams i believe.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby one day I will » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:40 am

Elizabeth 70. 30. 450 Def Nth pines 1.3.9 back in 2005.
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:06 pm

That score was broken by Blackfriars last year v Angle Vale. Not sure margin though.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:19 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:That score was broken by Blackfriars last year v Angle Vale. Not sure margin though.

Blackfriars 71-34-460 AV 5-1-31
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:22 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:That score was broken by Blackfriars last year v Angle Vale. Not sure margin though.

Blackfriars 71-34-460 AV 5-1-31

Campbells Creek, 100.34.634, defeating Primrose, 3.0.18, in a game in 1990
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Gumeracha 75.37(487) d Callington 0.0.0 a few years back
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby 23rd man » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:16 pm

Thought of the day Hamley Peckers/ Balak Bombers!! I see Balak had a few boys play 2 games this week, when was the last time this happened?? :D :D :D
23rd man

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby OnSong » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:46 am

23rd man wrote:Thought of the day Hamley Peckers/Balak Bombers!! I see Balak had a few boys play 2 games this week, when was the last time this happened?? :D :D :D

About two weeks ago against Mallala.

It's not ideal and we could have avoided it by playing some colts but with the finals coming up and the colts in the hunt, it made sense to have a few blokes go around twice than risk injury to a kid with the prospect of a senior colts flag on the cards. Probably won't go in favourites but you want to give them every chance.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:58 am

OnSong wrote:
23rd man wrote:Thought of the day Hamley Peckers/Balak Bombers!! I see Balak had a few boys play 2 games this week, when was the last time this happened?? :D :D :D

About two weeks ago against Mallala.

It's not ideal and we could have avoided it by playing some colts but with the finals coming up and the colts in the hunt, it made sense to have a few blokes go around twice than risk injury to a kid with the prospect of a senior colts flag on the cards. Probably won't go in favourites but you want to give them every chance.

I actually had a look into this last night, because I find it quite bemusing most years.

Balak have some ripping senior colts players, who really are quite dominant at senior colts level - they always do. I find it quite bemusing that guys like Charlie Arbon who made his A grade debut in 2013 and kicked 4 in an A grade match last season, Jacob Butterfield (times in best - 14; goals - 54 in the colts in 2015), Jake Michael (TIB - 11), Dillion Michael (TIB - 10) etc etc, I could go on.... seemingly being held back to play in the Senior Colts to maximise their chances of winning a senior colt flag, rather than being given game time in the A grade which would undoubtedly benefit and fast track their footy development. These kids have played 4 A grade games between them in 2015 and I just can't understand why, particularly when the A grade has won just 5 matches. Obviously there must be good reason (I'm sure a couple of them may not be physically ready) and the coaches involves have good intentions for these kids, but for me, I'd want to be developing them into A graders as soon as they show a bit. In fact, if each of these lads had played 4-5 A grade matches this season, imagine their confidence levels in a senior colts final. Anyway, just my opinion of course and each club to their own.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:04 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:
I actually had a look into this last night, because I find it quite bemusing most years.

Balak have some ripping senior colts players, who really are quite dominant at senior colts level - they always do. I find it quite bemusing that guys like Charlie Arbon who made his A grade debut in 2013 and kicked 4 in an A grade match last season, Jacob Butterfield (times in best - 14; goals - 54 in the colts in 2015), Jake Michael (TIB - 11), Dillion Michael (TIB - 10) etc etc, I could go on.... seemingly being held back to play in the Senior Colts to maximise their chances of winning a senior colt flag, rather than being given game time in the A grade which would undoubtedly benefit and fast track their footy development. These kids have played 4 A grade games between them in 2015 and I just can't understand why, particularly when the A grade has won just 5 matches. Obviously there must be good reason (I'm sure a couple of them may not be physically ready) and the coaches involves have good intentions for these kids, but for me, I'd want to be developing them into A graders as soon as they show a bit. In fact, if each of these lads had played 4-5 A grade matches this season, imagine their confidence levels in a senior colts final. Anyway, just my opinion of course and each club to their own.

Perhaps they want them to get more meat on their bones? Charlie was pretty lightly framed when he debuted, as were Curnow and Coombe from Longies, it's all good getting games into them but can be detrimental if they get chucked around too much in their first few games.
No matter how talented a kid is, it's always a worry stepping them up to senior level, most you'd rather skip the reserves but they have the rest of their lives to play senior footy.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy