SAAFL FINALS WEEK 2 (DRAFT)

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SAAFL FINALS WEEK 2 (DRAFT)

Postby wonder_kid » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:13 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:That's my point plus eastern park lose out on money from the earlier game as well

right, so it's ok for Kenilworth ressies not to have to go all the way to EP last week and get a home game but god forbid Hope Valley gets the same treatment as Kenilworth?

Hypocrite much? :? :roll:

Fine, we'll just say no thanks to the offer and make you lot travel an hour and a half to play one game of footy if you're going to jump up and down about it :roll:

Are you related to Marbles?

If ya c grade was playing too is understand we didn't care about traveling at all but our c grade payed for a home final so we followed toget a stand alone final is a joke and you know it ! I'm not complaining for kenilworth sake we don't care where we play to be frank with ya !
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby wonder_kid » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:17 pm

Could have at east made the game 12:15 id like to watch other footy ya know :D
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:25 pm

They didn’t pay for a C Grade home final -that cost has now been abolished by the League, what Kenilworth paid for was in fact to host a B Grade final.

Even if the ressies did end up at EP - your C grade would've been a stand alone, which according to you is a joke.

and if we're being frank, a C grade stand alone is a bigger joke than a ressies stand alone.

I understand though how you'd be all about making sure your club gets looked after though and no one else deserves what you you get.

FFS.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Executive Member » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:26 pm

wonder_kid wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:That's my point plus eastern park lose out on money from the earlier game as well

right, so it's ok for Kenilworth ressies not to have to go all the way to EP last week and get a home game but god forbid Hope Valley gets the same treatment as Kenilworth?

Hypocrite much? :? :roll:

Fine, we'll just say no thanks to the offer and make you lot travel an hour and a half to play one game of footy if you're going to jump up and down about it :roll:

Are you related to Marbles?

If ya c grade was playing too is understand we didn't care about traveling at all but our c grade payed for a home final so we followed toget a stand alone final is a joke and you know it ! I'm not complaining for kenilworth sake we don't care where we play to be frank with ya !

Not sure you paid to host the C Grade

below is an extract from the SAAFL Treasurer's Report 2014

"Finally as a direct result of the increased number of Grand Finals played at Thebarton, the Executive Committee is abolishing the cost of home finals for all C and D Division games, with an aim at looking in future years to reduce the cost of hosting A Division home finals. This initiative in future years will remain dependant on the League’s ability to host as many Grand Finals as possible at Thebarton."

So if you did pay, then you paid to host the B Grade game to split it away from the A Grade game
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:28 pm

There, you've just been told by the man who made the rule , so ner! :-P :lol:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby wonder_kid » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Regardless of what final we payed for if we payed at all which I just assumed I don't control the finances , the logic of not splitting up clubs is the only argument I need you can't really call me a hypocrite tho because using the saaflas theory we would always have stayed with our c grade. My argue me r is for the a grade teams who earnt the right to home finals losing revenue so a stand alone b grade game can be payed seems unfair to me !
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:49 pm

By your own admission, you're saying that Kenilworth should've played at EP last week. You wouldn't have stayed with your C grade automatically if you were playing another team in the finals though.

My argue me r is for the a grade teams who earnt the right to home finals losing revenue so a stand alone b grade game can be payed seems unfair to me !

THis means you're a hypocrite because you're saying it was ok for you to have your own game but not us. It's good enough for you to take finances away from EP but we can't.

Go look up the definition of hypocrite because I really don't think you have a real grasp on it's meaning

Footy Chick

Postby wonder_kid » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:04 pm

I'm only basing my argument on what you have said with the draw the way it was we were always going to play with our c grade where tho was up to the league . I never once have said anything about us getting a home final as my complaint wasn't about that maybe stop assuming what I'm arguing about and just ask ?

Your just trying to pick a fight because I'm associated with kenilworth assuming we care where we play hope valley this week when we don't give 2 squirts ! I reckon your missing my point completely ! Because yes why should a b grade team with no a grade inthe finals expect a home final we certainly didn't don't blame us because it was more logical for kenilworth Westminster and Mitcham to play down south instead of being sent up north it's a totally different scenario then this week !
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby wonder_kid » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:08 pm

Would you be so argumentative if I used golden groves b grade instead of
Your hope valley side ?
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:18 pm

wonder_kid wrote:Would you be so argumentative if I used golden groves b grade instead of
Your hope valley side ?

keep going, it's very enjoyable :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:19 pm

Um, you're the one that says Kenilworth were right to not play with EP last week but it's a joke that HV can do it this week and you're calling me argumentative? Take out HV and put fecking Timbuktu in there for all I care.

If it's good enough for Kenilworth, then it's good enough for any other team PROVIDED they team they are playing doesn't also have other sides playing in finals.

Footy Chick

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:26 pm

Timbuktu iis very respectable club why would you target them F.C
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:40 pm

I don't knows who's sillier wonder_kid for saying it or FC for biting. ;) :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:42 pm

mighty hounds wrote:I don't knows who's sillier wonder_kid for saying it or FC for biting. ;) :lol:

Touche! :lol: :lol:

Edit * get @Carey in here, no love ins going on in this thread! :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby wonder_kid » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:14 pm

I haven't once said that it's good for kenilworth but not for hv my first argument was a STAND ALONE b grade final was kenilworths final a stand alone?
I'll type it again if your c or d grade were playing as well I have no issue what so ever as like you said the league doesn't like splitting up teams hence why we got to play with our c grade last week . Its not a kenilworth v hv thing here fc I souly have an opinion about a bgrade team who is the only team left in the finals getting a stand alone final that's it the rest you have made up in ya head sorry
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:16 pm

seriously, if it's that much of an issue, how about you approach Schultzy and get him to bring it up at tonights meeting.

Over and out.

PS: Golden Grove are getting a stand alone final in D3R. You havent mentioned that being a joke once.

Over and out again.

Footy Chick

Postby wonder_kid » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:27 pm

Read up to the top of the page :) it's no issue for us your ground is 30 mins closer
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby wonder_kid » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:32 pm

Ps it's not a kenilworth issue it's my opinion only
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:43 pm

Adelaide Uni are to rich we can not afford to dispute where we would like to play........... we just simple people :D
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:05 pm

The final fixture is out.... with this addition straight from the CEO:

Hi all, please find the final fixture for week 2.

It’s opportune to explain a couple of variables we have applied to fixturing and will continue to do so in the interests of practicality and or common sense.

Example 1
Div. 3R - Golden Grove v Flinders Pk. By rights this match should be played at Hunter Park before the Old Ignatians v Pembroke
Div. 8R – Old Ignatians v SMOSH West Lakes. This match should be played at TTG before the Div. 8 TTG v PAOC match

The logic applied is The League won’t make two teams play at Ignatians when neither team has a connection to either the Old Ignatians or Pembroke teams any more than we’ll make Ignatians and SMOSH West Lakes play at TTG so we have moved the 3R GG v FPFC match to Harpers Field as a stand-alone “home” final for GG and the Ignatians/SMOSH West Lakes to Hunter Park – everyone might not be happy but more people are than the alternative.

Example 2
4R - Hope Valley v Kenilworth. By rights this match should be played before the Eastern Park v Salisbury match at Dwight Reserve.
We have rescheduled this match to be played as a stand-alone “home” final for Hope Valley at Hope Valley Oval.

The rationale applied again is neither of the 4R teams have a relationship with either of the A grade teams playing, so we split the home match fee, Eastern Park pay their share and Hope Valley pay theirs.

We’re always looking for more palatable solutions so if anyone has other considerations, we’re open to hear about them.

Oh...look at D6R.....
Attachments
Wk2_Final_.pdf
(259.75 KiB) Downloaded 435 times

Footy Chick

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League