Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:43 am

heater31 wrote:Herald Sun Reporting that Alex Keath is moving to Adelaide to try resurrecting his cricket career with Prospect. If that fails the Crows are keen to list the former Gold Coast VFL player.

Interesting article..

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-could-take-punt-on-star-victorian-cricketer-alex-keath/story-fnia3xzy-1227477725138
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Arch44 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:45 am

Signed and sealed at Prospect.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:02 am

Arch44 wrote:Signed and sealed at Prospect.

With the arrival of Keath does this mean Whiteley is not coming back again? Ross is actually in good form in England at the minute - Integral part of Worcestershire's 20 Blast campaign and he is also contributing in the Championship as they battle relegation from Division 1.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:57 pm

Found out last night that Cricket Australia have forced SACA to rename the competition to Premier Cricket. Also the individual grades shall be now known as First Grade, Second Grade etc......

When the **** did we become part of NSW :shock:
heater31

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:19 pm

heater31 wrote:Found out last night that Cricket Australia have forced SACA to rename the competition to Premier Cricket. Also the individual grades shall be now known as First Grade, Second Grade etc......

This is standard across most States I believe. Victoria use it. It really doesnt matter than much IMO.

Most clubs started training yet? We had our first hit on Tuesday, start 2 days a week from next week.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby C Horse » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:07 pm

heater31 wrote:Found out last night that Cricket Australia have forced SACA to rename the competition to Premier Cricket. Also the individual grades shall be now known as First Grade, Second Grade etc......

Bit of uniformity never hurt anyone.
Now, if we could just get rid of juniors at Grade clubs like every other state......
C Horse
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Homer J » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:27 pm

C Horse wrote:
Now, if we could just get rid of juniors at Grade clubs like every other state......

Why?

What's wrong with the best Juniors playing Grade Cricket every week?
Homer J
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 43 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:10 am

C Horse wrote:

Get rid of the "whites", make it more prestigious to represent a grade club.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Cameron Borgas at Uni :o
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Hound » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:52 am

Homer J wrote:
C Horse wrote:

Why?

What's wrong with the best Juniors playing Grade Cricket every week?

Becasue the best juniors dont play aginst each other every week! due to the current standard of First X1 at the colleges :roll:
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:45 am

The Hound wrote:Becasue the best juniors dont play aginst each other every week! due to the current standard of First X1 at the colleges :roll:

So if they don't go to a private school they are no good?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Hound » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Hound wrote:Becasue the best juniors dont play aginst each other every week! due to the current standard of First X1 at the colleges :roll:

Not at all LMcQ, their are some highly skilled cricketers going to public schools, however those clubs that have a high rate of private school kids playing for them only get to select their better players for a couple of games season due to the clash on Saturday afternoons between private schools and Preimer cricket, which in turn affects the standard of both 16's reds and whites cricket.
The Hound
Reserves

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:07 pm

The Hound wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Not at all LMcQ, their are some highly skilled cricketers going to public schools, however those clubs that have a high rate of private school kids playing for them only get to select their better players for a couple of games season due to the clash on Saturday afternoons between private schools and Preimer cricket, which in turn affects the standard of both 16's reds and whites cricket.

Maybe they should look at playing the district juniors on a Sunday, they'd get to play on better grounds at least, could be an overkill though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:22 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Hound wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Maybe they should look at playing the district juniors on a Sunday, they'd get to play on better grounds at least, could be an overkill though.

Then that upsets the community cricket clubs who won't be able to field sides.....

No one wins in any situation here...
heater31

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:37 pm

heater31 wrote:Then that upsets the community cricket clubs who won't be able to field sides.....

ATCA? Surely the better juniors would play district cricket and the community clubs would be where the district clubs would canvas their talent from.

All up I think whites is a waste of time, I've not met many kids that have been content in just playing whites, they usually return to just playing for their local club after a few games if they don't look like being considered for the reds.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:38 pm

I'd scrap the D's too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:51 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
heater31 wrote:Then that upsets the community cricket clubs who won't be able to field sides.....

ATCA? Surely the better juniors would play district cricket and the community clubs would be where the district clubs would canvas their talent from.

All up I think whites is a waste of time, I've not met many kids that have been content in just playing whites, they usually return to just playing for their local club after a few games if they don't look like being considered for the reds.

They play both. Some parents seem to think it is their child's right to play community especially if they are a good Reds player they can gather stats and trophies in community cricket. Where this comes undone is when the senior Sat/Sun games.... Some community clubs wouldn't be able to field teams with out these double ups.
heater31

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:00 pm

heater31 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

They play both. Some parents seem to think it is their child's right to play community especially if they are a good Reds player they can gather stats and trophies in community cricket. Where this comes undone is when the senior Sat/Sun games.... Some community clubs wouldn't be able to field teams with out these double ups.

If a player is playing Red's, he shouldn't be laying community cricket unless it's an under 14 playing 16's at community level, just my opinion, I've told my daughter that she has to sit out junior cricket this season as she is playing two sets of womens cricket. I don't want to burn her out and she's going to learn far more at district level. If she wasn't 12 I'd be canning the community level womens team aswell.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
heater31 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

If a player is playing Red's, he shouldn't be laying community cricket unless it's an under 14 playing 16's at community level, just my opinion, I've told my daughter that she has to sit out junior cricket this season as she is playing two sets of womens cricket. I don't want to burn her out and she's going to learn far more at district level. If she wasn't 12 I'd be canning the community level womens team aswell.

You tell that to every parent in Adelaide. They play both. It creates several issues between Premier clubs, Community clubs and the players themselves.
heater31

Postby The Hound » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Hound wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I beleive a proposal was put to the GCC or is that now PCC! and they voted against it (surprise surprise they voted against reform). If we scrap 16 W's altogether and play the 16R's on a Sunday then those not up to standard will flow back to community cricket so it shouldnt upset the community cricket clubs as the standard will be stronger IMO and little Johhny will have to work harder at getting his trophies :lol:
The Hound
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps