Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:14 am

MatteeG wrote:
Moe wrote:Not much banter from the Happy Valley followers this week.
I would consider Jon Eagleton exceptionally lucky to be playing the last round, or the next 2-3 the following season.

Also heard about this. Assuming the regulars gave him some 'advice' when they left the field.

How is the felled fella Moe?

Will miss this week and maybe next week.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby MatteeG » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:40 am

WHEELS&DEALS wrote:
MatteeG wrote:
I would consider Jon Eagleton exceptionally lucky to be playing the last round, or the next 2-3 the following season.

Also heard about this. Assuming the regulars gave him some 'advice' when they left the field.

Was there a report Wheels?
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby King » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:20 am

Well that's twice this season that he's been lucky. First match of the year he "threw" an elbow, off the ball, and sent a Flaggies player to hospital.
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Moe » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:59 am

MatteeG wrote:
WHEELS&DEALS wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

Was there a report Wheels?

No report, no free kick, after disposal and another elbow.
Right near fence near interchange gate.
The Morphy park regulars, including myself went nuts.
Umpires left the ground after full time a different way to usual :?
This was the worst incident in a day full of sniping from Happy Valley.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Mister Footy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:38 am

Take your blinkers off Moe - anyone would think your mob are a bunch of saints and I dont mean the Christies type :shock:

Why dont you concentrate on fixing your club getting some juniors and a B grade that score more than a point. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:22 pm

Mister Footy wrote:Take your blinkers off Moe - anyone would think your mob are a bunch of saints and I dont mean the Christies type :shock:

Why dont you concentrate on fixing your club getting some juniors and a B grade that score more than a point. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hey, don't bring us into this :)
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:21 pm

Mister Footy wrote:Take your blinkers off Moe - anyone would think your mob are a bunch of saints and I dont mean the Christies type :shock:

Changing the topic mister footy. Weren't talking about how bad our B grade is or even how bad your A grade are. Was about a poor effort from your so called golden boy.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Postby Front & Centre » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:58 pm

WHEELS&DEALS wrote:

Changing the topic mister footy. Weren't talking about how bad our B grade is or even how bad your A grade are. Was about a poor effort from your so called golden boy.

I was at the game and the "attention" paid to Eagleton after he had disposed of the ball was a "poor effort" on MVP's behalf.
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Animus » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:22 pm

A few interesting games this week, will anyone take it easy leading into finals:

OSB/Lonsdale vs Cove - is this the last time they will play against eachother?
Aldinga vs Marion - Can Aldinga sneak their first win in the last round?
Hackham vs Christies - Christies by plenty. Will play the Emus next week (in 6th vs 7th)
Brighton vs Twisties - will finish 4th and 5th unless Happy Valley beat Noarlunga & Brighton win
Morphett Vale vs Flagstaff Hill- an Emus victory would drop Flaggies to 2nd behind Reynella on % - provided they beat Porties
Reynella vs Porties - only way Reynella can move from 2nd is above. Good game to freshen up the old legs
Vikings vs Noarlunga - a big enough Vikings victory could see them jump the idle Townies into 8th spot! Unlikely
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:41 pm

Front & Centre wrote:
WHEELS&DEALS wrote:

I was at the game and the "attention" paid to Eagleton after he had disposed of the ball was a "poor effort" on MVP's behalf.

Your joking aren't you. Which player ended up with and elbow to the head and was knocked out before he hit the ground? It wasn't Johnny. As I said, Golden boy.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:03 pm

No different to the best midfielders in the AFL, the best midfielders in the SFL are masters at drawing contact as they dispose of the footy which in turn can draw a free kick or a free downfield often resulting in a kick for goal. Any player who gets bumped or tackled as they are about to dispose of the ball is always going to look as though they have been hit late but that is why they are so good, because they have the poise to cleanly dispose of the ball even with players bearing down on them.

Players like Eagleton, Bayly, Johnstone etc. will always look to come off second best in any contact situation because of their size. Supporters need to understand this before they think their favourite players are continually targeted.

Sidenote - I notice another favourite son of the Vikings copped a 3 game suspension in the SAAFL recently. Two solid suspensions in 3 seasons.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:38 pm

Animus wrote:OSB/Lonsdale vs Cove - is this the last time they will play against eachother?

What do you mean by this??
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Animus » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:54 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Animus wrote:OSB/Lonsdale vs Cove - is this the last time they will play against eachother?

What do you mean by this??

Just a playful theory LGIL, from the outside it appears both clubs are struggling and they aren't too far away from eachother...therefore 'LionCobras'

Unless of course Christies would like to take them over to bolster the C-grade and have the St Lions? lol

Anyone got any 'actual' news on club movements either in, out, folding or merging for 2016?
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:05 pm

Down the Hill wrote:No different to the best midfielders in the AFL, the best midfielders in the SFL are masters at drawing contact as they dispose of the footy which in turn can draw a free kick or a free downfield often resulting in a kick for goal. Any player who gets bumped or tackled as they are about to dispose of the ball is always going to look as though they have been hit late but that is why they are so good, because they have the poise to cleanly dispose of the ball even with players bearing down on them.

Players like Eagleton, Bayly, Johnstone etc. will always look to come off second best in any contact situation because of their size. Supporters need to understand this before they think their favourite players are continually targeted.

They are also coached to draw the opponent to them and release at the last moment as this takes that opponent away from the receiver.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:05 pm

Maybe the Sheidow Snakes!!!
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby 1919 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:42 pm

Aren't 't you the bloke that kept insisting there was noth g wrong with the behind the play hit on the Townies player in 2013 semi final was all OK coz the culprit is a 'good bloke'? Your opinion and comments count for nothing.
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby 1919 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:47 pm

Down the Hill wrote:No different to the best midfielders in the AFL, the best midfielders in the SFL are masters at drawing contact as they dispose of the footy which in turn can draw a free kick or a free downfield often resulting in a kick for goal. Any player who gets bumped or tackled as they are about to dispose of the ball is always going to look as though they have been hit late but that is why they are so good, because they have the poise to cleanly dispose of the ball even with players bearing down on them.

Sidenote - I notice another favourite son of the Vikings copped a 3 game suspension in the SAAFL recently. Two solid suspensions in 3 seasons.

could that be Mister Footy's' top bloke again............one hell of a fella, as quite a few opponents will testify.
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Moe » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:56 am

You forgot to mention our pasty shaped oval & the over hanging tree as well.
Our B grade might have only scored a point, but we fielded a side.
We also have juniors as well, just not the "full contingent" on Saturdays like we all keep being reminded about by everyone.
Our Auskick is strong, under 8's, 10's, 12's, 16's & 18's.
We have 4 primary schools which feed us players, only 1 of those has a football program.
We have 1 high school in our zone, which doesn't have a sports program let alone football.
We draw players from Sacred Heart, which puts college football first.
We are busting our nuts trying to get juniors, trust me I know as I am a junior coach.
Since Glengowrie High closed in 1987 our senior colt numbers have never recovered. Before that our senior colts were very strong. I know as I played in an Under 18 premiership.
Maybe change your name to "Mister I have no effing idea about Footy".
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby Moe » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:05 am

Front & Centre wrote:
WHEELS&DEALS wrote:

Absolutely no different to the "attention" paid to Byron Murphy all day.
"Poor effort" would describe elbows to face/head after disposal.
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:14 am

1919 wrote:

could that be Mister Footy's' top bloke again............one hell of a fella, as quite a few opponents will testify.

Possibly not quite the context that Mister Footy used:
Mister Footy wrote:Definitely - a legend on the field and a gentleman off the field and one of the greatest captains our club has ever had
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL