Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:35 am

fisho mcspaz wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Vets and more specifically their overpricing and emotional blackmail they can use to further line their pockets.

Oh s*** yeah. My cat got an eye infection so I took her to the vet, expecting to pay for the examination and medication. But they took a bunch of X-rays that I never asked for and which I felt weren't necessary, as the vet had already diagnosed the eye problem. So that cost an arm and a leg. Then they wanted me to come in for two follow-up visits (minimum $85 per visit). I took the medication home and never went back - my cat's eye cleared up fine with the medication.

That being said, if you're in the southern suburbs, the animal hospital on Main South Rd in Morphett Vale is terrific. When our other cat was injured in a car accident, the staff there were lovely. They looked after her for nothing - this included painkillers, X-rays, examinations - and when they decided that she wouldn't survive surgery, they also didn't charge us for the euthanasia. I mean, I didn't give a s*** about the money, I just wanted Kitty to be OK, but it was good of them to not charge us - there were plenty of places who would have. My eldest son in particular was devastated, but the vet and the nurses were very kind and compassionate, which really helped.

How much was the initial visit and the eye stuff? I think my cat has an eye infection.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:52 am

I love how vets always try and push you into a follow-up appointment when it's not really necessary.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:54 am

Dogwatcher wrote:I love how vets always try and push you into a follow-up appointment when it's not really necessary.

You'd come across it a lot hey being one who watches dogs?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:58 am

We had a pet rabbit which I had to put down this year.
I came out to his cage and saw his body all misshapen, and figured he'd had a stroke.
I took him to the vet with my mind firmly made up that we would put him down - he had had a good life.
The vet spent a good amount of time trying to convince me to put him through a three-week course of treatment, which 'might' prolong his life.
My thought was that I didn't want him to suffer any more, nor did I want my kids to come out and find him dead shortly after I'd returned home with him.
I'm sure the vet was trying to do the right thing and give our pet a longer life span, but there was this nagging sense that he, and I, knew we'd be wasting our time (and our $$$) but, yet, he persisted. I stood firm and our pet died quietly in my lap. I'd rather that than the other option, it was nicer for him.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:59 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:I love how vets always try and push you into a follow-up appointment when it's not really necessary.

Yes, our dog, Chas, has definitely spent some time at the vets over the years.
The little champ is an expensive bastard - two knee recos.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:05 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yes, our dog, Chas, has definitely spent some time at the vets over the years.
The little champ is an expensive bastard - two knee recos.

Don't speak ill of your dog.

Chas is the best dog in the world.

I luff him :heart: :D
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:49 pm

The gun lobby of the US being so pig headed.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:13 pm

Feeling like the flu that has been going round has finally caught me. Been on a downward spiral since lunch. Might have to drown it with scotch
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:16 pm

Just bought an 8 pack of Duracell AAA batteries for $16. Every single one is flat. I read on the pack they need to be sent back at my expense to claim a refund. No doubt this is what the supermarket where i purchased them from will tell me too. Does anyone know if this is right or am I within my rights to demand replacement from the place of purchase?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Brodlach » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:18 pm

Supermarket will take them back as long as you have the receipt
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jase » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:20 pm

The Ash Man wrote:Feeling like the flu that has been going round has finally caught me. Been on a downward spiral since lunch. Might have to drown it with scotch

Yep feel tor pain... yesterday at about 6:30 started to get a headache by 7:30 i was in bed feeling absolutely terrible...

Had to go into work today, but there is now way I'm in tomorrow...

:(
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1480 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:09 pm

David King. Never minded the bloke but he tends to annoy me most times when I watch him now.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:29 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Vets and more specifically their overpricing and emotional blackmail they can use to further line their pockets.

Oh s*** yeah. My cat got an eye infection so I took her to the vet, expecting to pay for the examination and medication. But they took a bunch of X-rays that I never asked for and which I felt weren't necessary, as the vet had already diagnosed the eye problem. So that cost an arm and a leg. Then they wanted me to come in for two follow-up visits (minimum $85 per visit). I took the medication home and never went back - my cat's eye cleared up fine with the medication.

That being said, if you're in the southern suburbs, the animal hospital on Main South Rd in Morphett Vale is terrific. When our other cat was injured in a car accident, the staff there were lovely. They looked after her for nothing - this included painkillers, X-rays, examinations - and when they decided that she wouldn't survive surgery, they also didn't charge us for the euthanasia. I mean, I didn't give a s*** about the money, I just wanted Kitty to be OK, but it was good of them to not charge us - there were plenty of places who would have. My eldest son in particular was devastated, but the vet and the nurses were very kind and compassionate, which really helped.

How much was the initial visit and the eye stuff? I think my cat has an eye infection.

Initial visit was $72 and the eye stuff was around $14. It cleared up our cat's eye within a few days.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:18 am

Spraining my trapezius so badly I can't turn my head. I'd pulled it slightly during the footy yesterday from screaming, and after we won I also chucked my son up in the air and caught him, which couldn't have helped. I've got three hours before I can get some decent painkillers from my GP, and Valium's not helping much. Meanwhile, Mr McSpaz, the one who actually played, and who smashed his head twice and ran probably the fastest I've seen him in five years, is injury-free for once.

Moral of the story: being a spectator is hazardous to your health. ;)
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:20 am

Every new version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah I hear. Errgggghhhhh.

It has officially...

Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:29 pm

Any business that advertises closing down every thing must go! 3 years later nothing changes and the same ad?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:37 pm

shoe boy wrote:Any business that advertises closing down every thing must go! 3 years later nothing changes and the same ad?

let me guess. Rug store?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:57 pm

bennymacca wrote:
shoe boy wrote:Any business that advertises closing down every thing must go! 3 years later nothing changes and the same ad?

let me guess. Rug store?

Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:35 pm

This doesn't "give me the shits", but it is very draining and pretty annoying.

I am covering someone while they are overseas, so back in the office, and sharing an office with a lady who is really nice, and really friendly.

Problem is, she can talk. Not about interesting stuff though. I know what her daughter did the previous day, I know what their dog did last night, etc.

I get updates on the same thing everyday.

Then today, one of her friends popped in to say hi. They were talking non-stop for about 15 minutes, both over the top of each other, and I couldn't even tell what was going on. They seemed to be having a great time though.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:48 pm

HH3 wrote:This doesn't "give me the shits", but it is very draining and pretty annoying.

I am covering someone while they are overseas, so back in the office, and sharing an office with a lady who is really nice, and really friendly.

Problem is, she can talk. Not about interesting stuff though. I know what her daughter did the previous day, I know what their dog did last night, etc.

I get updates on the same thing everyday.

Then today, one of her friends popped in to say hi. They were talking non-stop for about 15 minutes, both over the top of each other, and I couldn't even tell what was going on. They seemed to be having a great time though.

try having a wife and a sister in law who are like that! :D

do you need to talk to her for work? If not, the answer is headphones :D
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion