Salisbury
12%
Westminster OS
12%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Postby easy TIGA » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:28 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
bandar wrote:Who in the Div 4 GF is choosing not to go up?

Thank you Bandar. At least someone is on the ball this morning.

Now as far as I know, there's only one team in the Grand Final so far. ;)

2 of the leadership group retiring is my news and I've heard 6 heading off to the Barossa already and the GF hasn't even been played yet.

Think about it, what Kilburn will be able to offer next year under the salary cap will be a pittance compared to what the defiant Barossa league will throw at them.

I think its disappointing if it's true

Talking to the great man himself, the big shrek hasn't heard anything of the sort, Kilburn will be taking a spot in div 3, and there isn't 6 players going anywhere. And I quote he thinks fc may have made this up as she has the hots for him.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:27 pm

:lol:

I've been found out ;)

seriously though, only time will tell I guess, I'd hope they prove us wrong.

Surely though there would be some trepidation in going up when they're on a 1 forfeit and they're gone rule.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby easy TIGA » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:31 pm

Footy Chick wrote::lol:

I've been found out ;)

seriously though, only time will tell I guess, I'd hope they prove us wrong.

Surely though there would be some trepidation in going up when they're on a 1 forfeit and they're gone rule.

That doesn't change between div 4 or 3 thou. They still have to have a certain amount registered. Who and where have you heard?
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby wonder_kid » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:07 pm

banning players that leave the saafl for a non compliant league ?? what a joke that would be people are entitled to go earn money if its offered to them and if the league chooses to not want a salary cp it should be there choice but be aware the ATO would watch them clubs carefully I suspect!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby G_Leonard » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:33 am

hahaha Ca$h Haven as consistent as ever in September
G_Leonard
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Sedan-Cambrai

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:40 am

Footy Chick wrote:Think about it, what Kilburn will be able to offer next year under the salary cap will be a pittance compared to what the defiant Barossa league will throw at them.

The salary cap may actually prove to be the very thing that helps Kilburn move back to former glories in the higher divs..

Always been a club that can secure sponsorship and money, their issue has been obviously how they manage those finances at times - the Salary cap will force them to be smarter and far more diligent in their budgets.

They'll still attract players, and wont be able to over pay them and run the risk of spending what they don't have.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:55 am

Zartan wrote:
Always been a club that can secure sponsorship and money, .

True this, however it is of my understanding that the reluctance to be promoted is coming from those who have come back and resurrected the club.

I know Kilburn have never backed out of a challenge before and have taken everything that's come at them on the chin but if they do happen to lose the core of players back to the country, they're going to find it hard to compete and even hopefully they can see this.

At the same time it would be pretty annoying from many peoples perspective to see yet another club opt out of going up.

What's the happy medium here?

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:58 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Zartan wrote:

True this, however it is of my understanding that the reluctance to be promoted is coming from those who have come back and resurrected the club.

I know Kilburn have never backed out of a challenge before and have taken everything that's come at them on the chin but if they do happen to lose the core of players back to the country, they're going to find it hard to compete and even hopefully they can see this.

At the same time it would be pretty annoying from many peoples perspective to see yet another club opt out of going up.

Assuming your information is 100% gold plated.

They go up, if it's only six players, and they are financially healthy those six players should be at least somewhat replaceable. to be competitive in Div 3.

There are some very good teams in Division 3, but the gap between Mitcham and a Kilburn and Salisbury/North Haven wouldn't be huge.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:03 pm

Here's hoping! the old fingers are truly crossed as blokes like Dale and Carol have done magnificent work to keep the place going under difficult circumstances.

Footy Chick

Postby Burras » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:57 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Bit of a common trend happening if this Kilburn lost the GF and then opted out... Would be the third consecutive year in a row that the losing D4 GF team doesn't go up, is there a curse?
Burras

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby Nearly Was » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:15 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:with out cash ifKkilburn go into div 3 they will be similar to how they failed in the div 3 the other year

Rob what would you know! Kilburn have been a powerhouse in Amateur league before you had long pants. Yes things have been difficult for a couple of years, mainly due to the multitude of immigrants that now call Kilburn home . These new Australians (Somalians, Iraquis, Indians etc) are not Australian rules orientated (yet). This causes Kilburn huge problems getting juniors for our junior teams.
As for payments, pretty much every player who came back to Kilburn is there for the right reasons and have re signed for next year. Yes all of them.
The Amateur league has been hurt badly the last few years with ridiculous $$$ being offered to local talent. Lets hope this stops soon and blokes get back to playing with their mates for enjoyment more so than $$$.
Nearly Was
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby Nearly Was » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:21 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Footy Chick I always thought you had a handle on Amateur League. In this rant here you show you have no idea what is happening. The main person who got us back to where we are is also our main sponsor and his want from day 1 was to go back up the grades. He has pushed for that from day 1. Also, ALL of our players bar 1 (who is retiring) have resigned. We have also recruited one current SANFL player and 2 A1 players. Not for big dollars, for mateship and a few bucks. They are the facts.
Nearly Was
Under 16s

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:23 pm

Nearly Was wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:with out cash ifKkilburn go into div 3 they will be similar to how they failed in the div 3 the other year

Rob what would you know! Kilburn have been a powerhouse in Amateur league before you had long pants. Yes things have been difficult for a couple of years, mainly due to the multitude of immigrants that now call Kilburn home . These new Australians (Somalians, Iraquis, Indians etc) are not Australian rules orientated (yet). This causes Kilburn huge problems getting juniors for our junior teams.
As for payments, pretty much every player who came back to Kilburn is there for the right reasons and have re signed for next year. Yes all of them.
The Amateur league has been hurt badly the last few years with ridiculous $$$ being offered to local talent. Lets hope this stops soon and blokes get back to playing with their mates for enjoyment more so than $$$.

"Pretty much" or "all of them"?

And I personally have a hard time reconciling criticism of "ridiculous $$$" with condoning of paying people at all (in our current, salary cap free era).

If the method of competition and survival comes through spending any $$$ and only when you lose the $$$ race does it become "ridiculous" it's a bit hard to stomach.

I know Kilburn is in a tough spot regarding juniors etc. but every time I see Phil in the paper blaming Kilburn's woes on country clubs spending ridiculous money I cringed.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:26 pm

Rather than speculation from people who are not involved with the club maybe we could talk about some facts like the Chics are in the GF. The club suffered enough and deserves to be celebrated for their accomplishments this year and not condemned for things have not even happened.

Any club in the league could be effected by the salary cap, perhaps it could be a separate thread.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Nearly Was » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:33 pm

jo172 wrote:
Nearly Was wrote:

And I personally have a hard time reconciling criticism of "ridiculous $$$" with condoning of paying people at all (in our current, salary cap free era).

If the method of competition and survival comes through spending any $$$ and only when you lose the $$$ race does it become "ridiculous" it's a bit hard to stomach.

I know Kilburn is in a tough spot regarding juniors etc. but every time I see Phil in the paper blaming Kilburn's woes on country clubs spending ridiculous money I cringed.

Sorry wrong phrase. All BUT 1 KILBURN A GRADE PLAYERS RESIGNED other 1 retiring. Strong enough for you Rob?
Nearly Was
Under 16s

Postby S Demon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:42 pm

Nearly Was wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Nearly Was wrote:

Sorry wrong phrase. All BUT 1 KILBURN A GRADE PLAYERS RESIGNED other 1 retiring. Strong enough for you Rob?

I assume you meant Re-signed? ;)
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:52 pm

Nearly Was wrote:

We digress a bit but how good would it be if Kilburn could become a type of junior academy of sorts for the new Aussies, because most of these kids have amazing natural talent, they just need someone to harness it.

Footy Chick

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:02 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Nearly Was wrote:

We digress a bit but how good would it be if Kilburn could become a type of junior academy of sorts for the new Aussies, because most of these kids have amazing natural talent, they just need someone to harness it.

What SANFL zone is Kilburn in now? They've been swapped back and forth a bit the past few years I think.

The local club would be insane not to look at tapping that resource. Just the kind of thing you could get the AFL behind to chuck in some support and $$$ too.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:18 pm

Nearly Was wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Footy Chick I always thought you had a handle on Amateur League. In this rant here you show you have no idea what is happening. The main person who got us back to where we are is also our main sponsor and his want from day 1 was to go back up the grades. He has pushed for that from day 1. Also, ALL of our players bar 1 (who is retiring) have resigned. We have also recruited one current SANFL player and 2 A1 players. Not for big dollars, for mateship and a few bucks. They are the facts.

That's good, I'm glad - however I don't tend to post bullshit about clubs willy nilly either lets not forget.. Lets just say that I didnt hear his suggestion 2nd hand....

I'm not trying to cause any poo to fly off the handle for anyone, if it's something that was a consideration, people needed to know about it. It would've come out in the wash anyway.

I stand by what I heard but on the other hand, I am always happy to be proven wrong with stuff like this.

Play on.

Footy Chick

Postby LMA » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:01 pm

Any games on this week?
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext