HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby citycoaster17 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:02 am

Rubber Chest wrote:
Sniper wrote:A summary for followers around the state ...... This saturday will see Uraidla v Echunga in the 2nd Semi on the wide expanses of the Lobethal Oval. The winner has a 3 week rest until the grand final.

The 1st Semi between Torrens Valley v Hahndorf is being played the following Saturday (At Echunga ?).

I think the plan is to hold the 1st semi final at the loser of the second semi finals ground (Uraidla/Echunga). And the prelim will be at the winners ground (Echunga or Uraidla) as the winner goes straight through to the GF.

Grand Final at Balhannah.

I'm still trying to stomach the 3 week rest.... Not pointing fingers at anyone, but this has to be the worst programming I have ever seen. Regardless of the reason, and other things organised.... I really believe it is going to give the "winner" of the qualifying final, a major disadvantage. Yes, they may be fresh, have every player available and not sore.. but surely they will be a bit sluggish.

Has Uraidla or Echunga put any plans in place for this three week break? I.e. practice matches, game simulations etc?
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby The Gimp » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am

citycoaster17 wrote:
Rubber Chest wrote:
Sniper wrote:A summary for followers around the state ...... This saturday will see Uraidla v Echunga in the 2nd Semi on the wide expanses of the Lobethal Oval. The winner has a 3 week rest until the grand final.

The 1st Semi between Torrens Valley v Hahndorf is being played the following Saturday (At Echunga ?).

I think the plan is to hold the 1st semi final at the loser of the second semi finals ground (Uraidla/Echunga). And the prelim will be at the winners ground (Echunga or Uraidla) as the winner goes straight through to the GF.

Grand Final at Balhannah.

I'm still trying to stomach the 3 week rest.... Not pointing fingers at anyone, but this has to be the worst programming I have ever seen. Regardless of the reason, and other things organised.... I really believe it is going to give the "winner" of the qualifying final, a major disadvantage. Yes, they may be fresh, have every player available and not sore.. but surely they will be a bit sluggish.

Has Uraidla or Echunga put any plans in place for this three week break? I.e. practice matches, game simulations etc?

They could go on their footy trip next weekend, have a week to recover, then be ready to go for the GF!! :D
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby running defender » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:13 am

Yes I think everybody was gobsmacked when they released the finals draw,
No consultation with clubs , all they had to do was make Div 2 play on country championships weekend .
This weekends game is at Lobethal and 1st semi is at Echunga .
What's all the talk on the salary cap is it to small or will clubs struggle to spend the 3000 a week.
running defender
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby lovethefooty » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:59 am

surely the reality of the salary cap is that it will only change the method of payment!!
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Panther32 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:30 am

running defender wrote:Yes I think everybody was gobsmacked when they released the finals draw,
No consultation with clubs , all they had to do was make Div 2 play on country championships weekend .
This weekends game is at Lobethal and 1st semi is at Echunga .
What's all the talk on the salary cap is it to small or will clubs struggle to spend the 3000 a week.

I'm with RD on this one, who the hell put together that draw? For a team to have 3 weeks off is just unheard of and whoever made this decision should be given the sack!!!
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby lovethefooty » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:00 pm

the finals draw baffles me on more than one front.
first of all when it was first together someone has to have said...."yeah, lets do that". turn it up, very bad idea!!!!!

then when the clubs and the league were given the opportunity to change it and indeed fix it, it got voted down for reasons unknown. turn it up !!!(again)

it is in effect a disgrace to the league that teams are being made to deal with such an appalling fixture. if I was Uraidla I would be livid at the prospect of winning (if they do) this week and having to somehow managing playing one game in a month before the grand final!!
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:27 pm

lovethefooty wrote:the finals draw baffles me on more than one front.
first of all when it was first together someone has to have said...."yeah, lets do that". turn it up, very bad idea!!!!!

then when the clubs and the league were given the opportunity to change it and indeed fix it, it got voted down for reasons unknown. turn it up !!!(again)

it is in effect a disgrace to the league that teams are being made to deal with such an appalling fixture. if I was Uraidla I would be livid at the prospect of winning (if they do) this week and having to somehow managing playing one game in a month before the grand final!!

Wow, that is seriously wrong, even if the 1st semi was played this week and the 2nd semi next week it would've made more sense, Torrens Valley or Hahndorf could potentially play 3 consecutive weeks whereas Uraidla could be playing their 2nd game in 5 weeks.........it is the worst programming I've ever seen.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:04 pm

Just to be clear, the HFL were advocating for a change to the draw (playing a split round late in the season) to correct this - it was the clubs who voted against this. In fact, Uraidla were one of the clubs who were strong that they didn't want it changed.
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Armytank » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:40 pm

Correct Elmer

As much as it was a stupid idea from the people who put the season's program together, ALL of the clubs get to comment on the draw at the start of the season. This just proves that no one who represents the clubs at these SGM's AGM's and Ajourned AGM's actually read, consider or think about what they are voting on.

Dumb idea to even be offered to the clubs at the start of the year, but even dumber by all of the clubs to say yes and then whinge about it later.
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:45 pm

Armytank wrote:Correct Elmer

As much as it was a stupid idea from the people who put the season's program together, ALL of the clubs get to comment on the draw at the start of the season. This just proves that no one who represents the clubs at these SGM's AGM's and Ajourned AGM's actually read, consider or think about what they are voting on.

Dumb idea to even be offered to the clubs at the start of the year, but even dumber by all of the clubs to say yes and then whinge about it later.

Usually the way with some delegates, just wanna get their name ticked off and get out of there.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby cracka » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:43 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Wow, that is seriously wrong, even if the 1st semi was played this week and the 2nd semi next week it would've made more sense, Torrens Valley or Hahndorf could potentially play 3 consecutive weeks whereas Uraidla could be playing their 2nd game in 5 weeks.........it is the worst programming I've ever seen.

Would have meant Uraidla not playing for 2 consecutive weeks after the last minor round game. Regardless it's a major disaster.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:22 pm

The Hills Football League - the gift that keeps on giving for SA Footy regulars.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby rock » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:26 am

Did Chad O'Sullivan suffer any injuries from being assaulted by Dale Ellis?
And who's coaching Blackwood next year? I see they have been interviewing at least 2 possible A grade coaches. I thought they'd hang onto Salievic for another year.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby running defender » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:59 pm

I think you'll find T/Vally are happy the Ellis boys aren't playing .
S. Paul a deserved winner, the two Jenkins boys next , with Pete Lindsay 4 th
Can't believe Jennings hardly polled he must have to die his hair blonde as if he didn't stand out already with the dreadlocks.
I think you'll find O'Sullivan has had offers from a few Div 1 clubs to coach.
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby lovethefooty » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:03 am

of course I am biased but I agree that Scott Paul was a deserving winner.
the other guys in the top 5 are also very good players
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby 19thman » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:36 pm

Anyone have a copy of the count?
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby field of dreams » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:16 pm

rock wrote:Did Chad O'Sullivan suffer any injuries from being assaulted by Dale Ellis?

running defender wrote:I think you'll find T/Vally are happy the Ellis boys aren't playing .

So what happened?
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Legs Man » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:30 pm

field of dreams wrote:
rock wrote:Did Chad O'Sullivan suffer any injuries from being assaulted by Dale Ellis?

running defender wrote:I think you'll find T/Vally are happy the Ellis boys aren't playing .

So what happened?

The old adage rang true "money can't buy happiness"
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby field of dreams » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:34 pm

Legs Man wrote:
field of dreams wrote:

So what happened?

The old adage rang true "money can't buy happiness"

From my observations, nothing much would buy Luke happiness..... but that doesn't really answer my question.
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Legs Man » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:21 pm

Yes - apparently a bit of in team fighting due to certain players not using certain players when they were free to receive the football.
This is obviously 2nd hand info but I have heard it from a couple of people involved at TV that egos played a major part in the side.
TV are a very good side without the Ellis boys from what I saw last Saturday and will give Hahndorf a really good match.
It was also noticeable that TV were prepared to utilise any player that was open and in a better position during the first final and played some damn good footy - led by O'Sullivan who was outstanding.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy