The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

by tipper » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:16 am

stan wrote:What I find incredible is that we have so many parties cliaming that the drop in attendance is always something else but not the most obvious.

but "metrics" show an increase of interest :roll: :oops:
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

by Apachebulldog » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:48 am

Nothing but TOSSAS yep its because of the Adelaide Oval oh hang on maybe its because of the cold weather crowds are down.

Take your heads out of your arses to see WHY crowds are down.

If you can not see the obvious we can all say BYE BYE to this once great SANFL R.I.P.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

by The analyst » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:58 am

LPH wrote:
The analyst wrote: ...
Second Solution - History is full of teams resting players before finals. SANFL clubs who have cemented top position on ladder a couple of games out from the end of the minor round have been doing this since the beginning time. So is that compromising the competition ??? Wouldn't have thought so. If the AFL teams want to make their SANFL/WAFL teams the sacrificial lamb for their AFL team so be it. They're loss. Someone else's gain.

I think you might be missing the point somewhat?

Port's 'sales pitch' to the SANFL Clubs was that they would "...(sic) play to the line regardless of the situation"
If the situation this week was Port Power (having sewn up the Minor Premiership in the AFL) & Hinkley decided to 'rest' 11 players for the trip to Perth to take on Fremantle - the 'Magpies' then would have to fill their side to play West Adelaide in the SANFL Qualifying Final with 11 kids from its Academy Team! The question here is: 'Compromise' & 'Integrity' of not only the Finals but the Competition @ large.

Basically, West Perth this week get a 'practice game' in the Qualifying Final, to prepare for Subiaco next week in the 2nd Semi.
In terms of 'Compromise' & 'Integrity' - the advantage Subiaco has EARNED by finishing Minor Premier (& getting the week off) is diminished significantly.In fact, West Perth get an advantage for NOT finishing Minor Premier - because they get to 'train' under match conditions whilst Subiaco don't.
Its a joke.
Everybody knows it, but the 'State Leagues' (& I hate that term, but that's what they have become) themselves refuse to acknowledge it - as shown by the WA Football Commission's Press Release.

Ironic too, that the Cows supporters are currently moaning about 'Integrity' & 'Compromise' in relation to North Melbourne possibly 'throwing' their game v Richmond this week, so they don't have to possibly travel to Adelaide the following week for a Final. They truely have their heads up there own arse on this issue - as it appears, do you!

Hey I'm as anti AFL in the SANFL as anyone but lets not waffle on and worry about the finals 'being compromised' by the actions of AFL clubs......the minor round is always comrpomised......Take the Crow this season......one week field 12 AFL listed players with 9 top up players.....the following week drop their entire top up player midfield and replace them with AFL listed players returning from injury. So if the AFL teams want to weaken their SANFL teams during finals sobeit. Ultimatley and hopefully thouugh the best side in the SANFL will win the premeirship. Even if a SANFL club get an eaxy game against an AFL compromised side in the finals.

Rather than continually banging on about all the negatives (and there are plenty) of the situation.......think of solutions to make it work better.......because sadly the AFL in the SANFL is not going away in a hurry.
The analyst
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

by stan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:07 am

The analyst wrote:
LPH wrote:
The analyst wrote: ...
Second Solution - History is full of teams resting players before finals. SANFL clubs who have cemented top position on ladder a couple of games out from the end of the minor round have been doing this since the beginning time. So is that compromising the competition ??? Wouldn't have thought so. If the AFL teams want to make their SANFL/WAFL teams the sacrificial lamb for their AFL team so be it. They're loss. Someone else's gain.

I think you might be missing the point somewhat?

Port's 'sales pitch' to the SANFL Clubs was that they would "...(sic) play to the line regardless of the situation"
If the situation this week was Port Power (having sewn up the Minor Premiership in the AFL) & Hinkley decided to 'rest' 11 players for the trip to Perth to take on Fremantle - the 'Magpies' then would have to fill their side to play West Adelaide in the SANFL Qualifying Final with 11 kids from its Academy Team! The question here is: 'Compromise' & 'Integrity' of not only the Finals but the Competition @ large.

Basically, West Perth this week get a 'practice game' in the Qualifying Final, to prepare for Subiaco next week in the 2nd Semi.
In terms of 'Compromise' & 'Integrity' - the advantage Subiaco has EARNED by finishing Minor Premier (& getting the week off) is diminished significantly.In fact, West Perth get an advantage for NOT finishing Minor Premier - because they get to 'train' under match conditions whilst Subiaco don't.
Its a joke.
Everybody knows it, but the 'State Leagues' (& I hate that term, but that's what they have become) themselves refuse to acknowledge it - as shown by the WA Football Commission's Press Release.

Ironic too, that the Cows supporters are currently moaning about 'Integrity' & 'Compromise' in relation to North Melbourne possibly 'throwing' their game v Richmond this week, so they don't have to possibly travel to Adelaide the following week for a Final. They truely have their heads up there own arse on this issue - as it appears, do you!

Hey I'm as anti AFL in the SANFL as anyone but lets not waffle on and worry about the finals 'being compromised' by the actions of AFL clubs......the minor round is always comrpomised......Take the Crow this season......one week field 12 AFL listed players with 9 top up players.....the following week drop their entire top up player midfield and replace them with AFL listed players returning from injury. So if the AFL teams want to weaken their SANFL teams during finals sobeit. Ultimatley and hopefully thouugh the best side in the SANFL will win the premeirship. Even if a SANFL club get an eaxy game against an AFL compromised side in the finals.

Rather than continually banging on about all the negatives (and there are plenty) of the situation.......think of solutions to make it work better.......because sadly the AFL in the SANFL is not going away in a hurry.

Straight up a limit on the number of AFL list players in he team at 14.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

by Magellan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:09 am

The analyst wrote:.......because sadly the AFL in the SANFL is not going away in a hurry.

But on this basis the SANFL in the SANFL is going away in a hurry. You can't fix something that's fundamentally flawed, and providing solutions by tinkering around the edges isn't going to convince anyone to stay or get on board in the long term.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

by cennals05 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:34 am

A tweet from Rucci...

michelangelo rucci ‏@michelangeloruc 2m2 minutes ago
Sad that the very "diehard" people who mocked @PAFC and tarps have abandoned their @SANFL clubs. @modlang1 @DBCrows @kymmorgan15 #falselove

I have the pleasure of seeing him everyday at work. It takes a lot of restraint not to punch him in the face after tweets like this.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

by stan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:51 am

cennals05 wrote:A tweet from Rucci...

Sad that the very "diehard" people who mocked @PAFC and tarps have abandoned their @SANFL clubs. @modlang1 @DBCrows @kymmorgan15 #falselove

I have the pleasure of seeing him everyday at work. It takes a lot of restraint not to punch him in the face after tweets like this.

Oh can I please do it?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

by CENTURION » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:18 pm

We can't compromise on this, there is only 1 solution, kick them out......and if we go arse up, well we were going to anyway BUT I'd rather go arse up under our terms, not theirs.
NO AFL IN THE SANFL!!
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

by Pseudo » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:30 pm

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

by CENTURION » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:38 pm

exactly, We have the better competition, we should be dictating the terms & if we have to wind things back a bit & do chook raffles, meat tray raffles etc etc, then so be it! Get rid of the focus on MONEY!!
CENTURION
Coach

by cennals05 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:41 pm

My response to Rucci...
Attachments
Rucci.JPG
(106.54 KiB) Downloaded 8214 times
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

by CENTURION » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:45 pm

cennals05 wrote:My response to Rucci...

Well done Michelle, put my name on there as well, plus the thousands of diehard SANFL supporters that are against this infiltration!
That letter has to go straight to the poolroom!
CENTURION
Coach

by cennals05 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:53 pm

CENTURION wrote:
cennals05 wrote:My response to Rucci...

Well done Michelle, put my name on there as well, plus the thousands of diehard SANFL supporters that are against this infiltration!
That letter has to go straight to the poolroom!

I think the next step is writing a generic letter that can be copy and pasted by supporters and sent to all SANFL clubs and Jake Parkinson.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

by CENTURION » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:06 pm

an online petition.
CENTURION
Coach

by Pseudo » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:51 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Booney wrote:Seems it's Adelaide Oval to blame....

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 7507700333
[...]
Figures released exclusively to The Advertiser show minor round attendance at SANFL matches was down by an alarming 13 per cent in 2015, and clubs dispute the theory that supporter backlash against the entry of AFL reserves teams is the cause.

As posted elsewhere, the average attendance for 7 of the 8 clubs was lowered by games against reserves teams.

Further to the above, the following was just pointed out by Ecky on SL.org:

Adelaide Oval attendances are slightly down from last year (45.0K vs 46.2K average) (http://afltables.com/afl/crowds/vn_adelaide_oval.html) so this can not explain the drop in SANFL attendances from 2014 to 2015 (down to 2415 from 2819).
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

by JK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:03 pm

Outstanding Michelle!!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

by RB » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:22 pm

cennals05 wrote:A tweet from Rucci...

I'll give you fifty dollars.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

by cennals05 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:39 pm

Got a couple of replies from him....

And why would crowds fall in the non-reserves, pure @SANFL games such as Eagles v Panthers? @MichLeighSmith @modlang1 @DBCrows @kymmorgan15

He still just does not get it. The competition is completely compromised so people can't see any point following it anymore.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

by LPH » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:41 pm

Now ^This ^ is a worthy Charity to contribute to!
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

by csbowes » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:39 pm

I'm back for my one (well maybe more) post for the year following the AFL debacle...

I like the idea of a nicely articulated email that supporters of the SANFL could send to the clubs and the league. You might remember that I did email all 8 clubs and the league earlier in the year concerning crowds and the possible detrimental affect the AFL reserves teams were having. I received a reply from Norwood, but the other 7 clubs plus the SANFL ignored the email. I have to say, I was pretty disappointed with that considering the email wasn't a tirade against the Crows and Power, but rather a calm email asking for insight into what the club / league thought of the situation. My email and the response from Norwood can be found in the attendances thread (from memory).

The only issue with sending an email to the 8 clubs and SANFL again (and I'd suggest a generic email of protest, not sullied by emotion, but certainly clearly expressing one's sadness at the state of the league) is that there needs to be LOTS of people who send them.

For example, Norwood receiving 3-4 emails isn't going to have much impact. Norwood receiving 50-60 emails may well cause a reaction. I'm fearful that the only people who would send such an email are those on here, so in the end, you might get 10 or so people on board. I can't see the clubs giving a toss about so few complaints. The email would need to be posted to the no AFL sites on Facebook, if they still exist, I'm not on Facebook so wouldn't know, but if they are, then maybe that would help gather sufficient numbers. Maybe going on there and polling the group to see if there is support would give one an idea whether there could be an impact.

Joining with WAFL fans and emailing the same email to those clubs may also be a good idea.

CCing in relevant media personalities would also be a good idea.

In addition, people have to put their money where their mouth is. If you're going to continue being a member, then really your complaints and threats mean nothing, as you're being screwed but choosing to give them money anyway. If you're truly unhappy with the state of the league, then you need to walk away and not give the club the money. By continuing to support your club financially, its akin to being unhappy with your kid being an ice addict, while at the same time being happy to drive your son to his dealer to pick up a nickel bag. I'm not saying you don't care enough if you do continue to pay up, or that I care more, not at all, I'm just saying that from my perspective your complaint has less impact.

It's hard to do. I stopped my membership with Sturt after 2012 and 20 years as a member. I went back this year after protests and abuse from my footy friends, but I have to say, I can't see myself joining up again in 2016.

I used to go to 15-16 games a year plus finals. Now I go to 2-3 at most.

Ideally the email would state that the author will not be re-newing his/her membership the following year and will withdraw any other secondary financial support for the club. If there is no change in 2016, then a follow up email should be sent in unison with other fans, confirming no membership will be bought, so that the message is rammed home. For those that say this is cutting off your nose to spite your face, I see that argument, one is punishing one's own club and making their survival more difficult, how is that being a good supporter? Agree, I see that. For me though, support is a two way street, if the club has no concern for me as a supporter, I can hardly be expected to show them undying love.

In the end I'm supporting a product and if the clubs choose to change that product, they can't rely on me to continue to want to buy it.

Looking at this forum over 2015, its pretty obvious the interest in the league by members on here is almost nil. So many games go un-previewed, un-reviewed, not followed live, its amazing how much people have moved on.
csbowes
League - Best 21

Been liked: 77 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL