Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Postby Bag & Sledge » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:49 pm

:lol: :lol:
COULD THIS BE NEXT??
The club must record if a player purchases a can of soft drink and or pie (or like) when purchasing items from the club's canteen or bar.
The club must not sell more than 50 pies during a home match nor should they sell any more than 100 beers over the bar between 12midday to 7pm....
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby LuvsFooty » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:58 pm

A couple of queries:

1. Will the community football board be providing any clerical or administration support in regards to the set up and completion of paperwork etc? Some of the technicalities in rules and ramifications of mistakes seem too extreme to allow part time volunteers to be handling

2. I've spoken to our recruits who will still be very keen to play country footy because of the atmosphere, quality of footy, change of scenery etc. we are lucky because we are only 70k's from Adelaide. Has anyone spoken to individual players at out lying clubs who won't return next year because of this?
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 17 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:04 pm

LuvsFooty wrote:A couple of queries:

1. Will the community football board be providing any clerical or administration support in regards to the set up and completion of paperwork etc? Some of the technicalities in rules and ramifications of mistakes seem too extreme to allow part time volunteers to be handling

2. I've spoken to our recruits who will still be very keen to play country footy because of the atmosphere, quality of footy, change of scenery etc. we are lucky because we are only 70k's from Adelaide. Has anyone spoken to individual players at out lying clubs who won't return next year because of this?

many saying they will be receiving the same amount, just through different means
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:07 pm

No need to have the points system if the salary cap comes in is there?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby oyster » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:16 pm

Too many leagues have voted no for this to work and many are sweating off on what happens when these leagues move away from the SACFL. It's all turning into a circus and won't work. No need anyone worrying about it getting off the ground. Won't happen in most leagues and any leagues that adopt it, the savvy country people have already found loop holes.
oyster
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby Rough » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:33 am

Just wondering when all these leagues and clubs decided that they really enjoyed spending more than $60K per year per club? The start of this thread strongly talks about how the points system is sending clubs to the wall spending too much and the end of it talks about how clubs are desperately trying to find loop holes so they can spend more money? Personally hoping that these savvy country people give it an honest crack to see how it works and maybe save a couple bucks.
Rough
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:53 pm

I hear the guernsey supplier's contract is up for tender to the SACFL.
They wouldn't opt for a new one would they? Every club in the state would be up for around 15k next year if they did, now that is some serious coin for the winning tender, Wouldnt be any kickbacks to the snout's trough would there?
At a time when they are telling us clubs will go to the wall if something is not done about spending surely they wouldnt put this impost on everyone
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:28 am

daysofourlives wrote:I hear the guernsey supplier's contract is up for tender to the SACFL.
They wouldn't opt for a new one would they? Every club in the state would be up for around 15k next year if they did, now that is some serious coin for the winning tender, Wouldnt be any kickbacks to the snout's trough would there?
At a time when they are telling us clubs will go to the wall if something is not done about spending surely they wouldnt put this impost on everyone

They will suggest that we will be able to pay for it out of the money they are saving us
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby andrew_veniamin » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:07 pm

Is the fuel money included in the cap?
Eg if a player receives $500 and $250 for fuel does it go in the cap as $750?
If a marquee player recieves $1000 can he then get $250 for fuel?
Can you pay an assistant coach
Many country clubs have players training in town and it's good to have a leader amongst them
andrew_veniamin
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby OnSong » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:22 pm

andrew_veniamin wrote:Is the fuel money included in the cap?
Eg if a player receives $500 and $250 for fuel does it go in the cap as $750?
If a marquee player receives $1000 can he then get $250 for fuel?
Can you pay an assistant coach
Many country clubs have players training in town and it's good to have a leader amongst them

Fuel goes on top of match payment.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:05 pm

You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:14 pm

Is it this actual proposal or just a salary cap in general? I think the idea of a cap is aright, but this proposal is poorly thought out.. if it was say $4k per week, plus a marquee up to $1000 a week, plus fuel allowance and best player incentives, surely clubs can operate on $90k plus allowances and incentives is fair..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby OnSong » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:56 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Is it this actual proposal or just a salary cap in general? I think the idea of a cap is aright, but this proposal is poorly thought out.. if it was say $4k per week, plus a marquee up to $1000 a week, plus fuel allowance and best player incentives, surely clubs can operate on $90k plus allowances and incentives is fair..

I can accept the $3k would be low for a lot of clubs. Not ours, but a lot of others
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Bag & Sledge » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:42 am

human_torpedo wrote:Is it this actual proposal or just a salary cap in general? I think the idea of a cap is aright, but this proposal is poorly thought out.. if it was say $4k per week, plus a marquee up to $1000 a week, plus fuel allowance and best player incentives, surely clubs can operate on $90k plus allowances and incentives is fair..

Has there actually been any significant thought put into this proposal?
Duldig has lots of work ahead of him...
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:46 pm

Bag & Sledge wrote:

As in the proposal in place or my counter proposal?
I think the proposal in place atm is poorly thought out, but I think the proposal I threw out is fair and just..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Bag & Sledge » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:28 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:

As in the proposal in place or my counter proposal?
I think the proposal in place atm is poorly thought out, but I think the proposal I threw out is fair and just..

I meant the CFL proposal.
A salary cap will never work, too hard to be policed and volunteers can not be expected to do the extra work.
What year did they last try and introduce a salary cap? was it during the 90's?
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Postby cracka » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:21 pm

I think a salary cap can work if the players are made to sign stat decs that the only money they receive is through the club. Would be too big a risk for them if caught.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby banterfordays » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:35 pm

Bag & Sledge wrote:
OnSong wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Are coaches exempt from the salary cap?

Is Barossa District appointing joint coaches the 1st of many to go down that path?
Will clubs appoint 2 or 3 or 4 joint coaches if they avoid the salary cap?

Don't think so but I'd have to read up on it again.

SENIOR COACHES
means a senior coach of the Clubs A Grade Team and does not include assistant coaches, coaches of the reserves/B grade teams or junior coaches
Playing Senior Coaches
1. A Playing Senior Coach’s portion of payments in relation to his ‘player payment’ is deemed to be $300 per week and it must be included in the total player maximum payments of $3,000 per match.
After significant discussion it was decided to only assess the Club’s Senior Playing Coach’s portion of salary to play at $300 per week. This was lower than may have been expected but it was deemed appropriate to encourage quality individuals to Community Football Clubs and the long term benefits to Clubs. It was decided that the $300 deemed payment for playing should be included in $3,000 maximum payment as most Playing Coach’s would normally be paid more than $300.
2. Any Coach being paid to play must sign an official player contract for the payments made as a player. The contract must also provide the amount paid to the Coach as the Senior Coach (coaches fee)
The Club Coach requires a contract to manage the agreement and payment and to discourage coaches from making additional payments to players under their coaching remuneration.

So nothing stops a club from going

gun player you're our "senior coach"

take $300 as a player per game

take xxxx as a coach

Mr Assistant, you're really the senior coach but you can't tell anyone

Can't see how they will regulate effectively in general
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:09 pm

You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:37 pm

8. Payments made to players for representative football will not be deemed a football payment (up to $150 Association, $300 Zone, $500 State).

So the expectation now is that we should be paying our players to play rep football. They are happy for us to pay our players a bit extra as a reward for playing in their meaningless lightning carnival.
Agendas all over the place here.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy