Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Animus » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:04 pm

A-Grade Winners this week:

Home ground Shoes over Bushpiggies
Household name Flies over the latte sippers in the twilight affair.
Cheese Twisties over newsTown
Dromaius novaehollandiae over Saints

B-Grade Winners this week:

Vikings over Wineflies
Bushpigs over Bombers
Shoes over Townies
Emus over Saints
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:08 pm

THE South Australian Community Football League has made a number of amendments to its controversial new salary cap regulations that will be enforced across the state next season.

The amendments were made following a review of feedback obtained from clubs and leagues, including the Barossa, Light & Gawler Football Association, that raised concerns about regulation 31 in its proposed form.

The key changes, released today, will see maximum total weekly player payments increase from $3000 to $4000 in 2016, before returning to $3000 for season 2017.

Club incentives have also been increased from $250 per week to $600, with a maximum of $300 in value that can be accrued.

SACFL chairman Mr David Shipway said, “I would like to thank the members of the player payments subcommittee for their tireless work, as well as the clubs and leagues for their input in delivering the outcomes that have been achieved.

“This program was instigated at the clubs and leagues request to address the most important issue currently facing community football.

“I would urge all clubs and leagues to get behind the introduction of the player payment regulation and make it work for the long term sustainability of football across South Australia.”

Summary of amendments-

1. Maximum total player payments per match has been increased from $3,000 per match to $4,000 per match in season 2016, and will be reduced back to $3,000 for season 2017.

- Limit of $500 for a player and one Marquee Player up to $1,000 per match remains the same.

2. Marquee players may now be registered any time before May 1, this was previously restricted to before round one of the Affiliated League home and away season.

- Marquee players may be replaced any time before June 30 only if the original marquee player relocates for employment or suffers a season ending injury; this would require CFL Investigation Committee approval.

3. Incentives are increased from $250 weekly to $600 weekly, with a maximum of $300 in value that can be accrued.

4. Any payment or contribution made in compliance with the super guarantee charge to a Superannuation Fund will not to be deemed a football payment. Any amount paid above the super guarantee charge will be deemed a football payment; previously all superannuation payments were included.

5. Only employment with the football club will be assessed to ensure they do not exceed market value; previously it was suggested that all outside employment contracts would be assessed.

6. Income protection up to $1,000 per week, for 52 weeks, for any injury sustained while playing football will not be deemed a football payment.

7. Insurance reimbursement will not be deemed a football payment.

8. Payments made to players for representative football will not be deemed a football payment (up to $150 Association, $300 Zone, $500 State).

9. Milestone payments up to $500 will not be deemed a football payment; milestones are every 50 games and must be played in the A grade team for one club (may be accrued to pay up to $1,000 for 100 game milestone).

10. The heading for penalties for a breach of Regulation 31 now includes the word ‘deliberate’.

Full SACFL statement-

“The Community Football League board met on the 2nd of September to review all feedback received from clubs and leagues regarding Regulation 31 – Total Player Payments.

The board had set in place maximum payments and regulations to support those payments based on information received from clubs and leagues, and a survey that was conducted in September 2014.

Subsequently, sessions were rolled out across South Australia to educate clubs and leagues on the Total Player Payments regulation.

At these sessions further feedback was taken on board and discussed at this morning’s meeting.

The majority of clubs and leagues supported Regulation 31 in its original format, however, there were valid concerns raised by a number of clubs and leagues which were tabled and adjusted where appropriate.

The board is firmly committed to reducing player payments across South Australia and maintaining the sustainability and viability of all clubs and leagues.

It also recognised the need to ensure everyone had an opportunity to express their views to make the introduction of the Total Player Payments regulation successful in its first year and beyond.

Consequently, Regulation 31 has been amended to incorporate the following changes and this will now be the final regulation that has been adopted effective today.

The introduction of this regulation will allow us, over the next two years, to collect important data on player payments.

It will also be constantly reviewed to make sure it serves all of community football in South Australia in the best possible way.

These alterations will result in a reissuing of Regulation 31 along with the education handout (modified for easy use by volunteers), which will be distributed in the coming week.”
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby banterfordays » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:28 pm

Tips
A's
Noarlunga
Reynella
ETown
MorphetVale

B's
Valleys
Flaggys

Noarlunga
Morphetval
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Luke15 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:44 am

Hooray finals are here which means good weather as well. My tips:

A's
Flaggy to beat Noarlunga by 4 goals (despite the home ground advantage)
Reynella to beat Brighton in front of big crowd by 4 goals but the story to come out of it will be the night final scrapped for future years.
M/Parks to comfortably account for edwardstown who limped into 8th spot, 9 goals
Morphett Vale only just over Christies with experience getting them over the line 7points.

Bs
Reynella to upset Valleys but a lot depends on Valley A graders qualifying.
Flaggies to comfortably account for Brighton 6 goals
Noalrunga to comfortably beat Edwardstown 8 goals
M/Vale to comfortably beat Christies 10 goals

Good luck to all $10 fairly rich to get in and watch local footy.
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:56 am

Luke15 wrote:...the story to come out of it will be the night final scrapped for future years...

Hearing reports that the quality of the light is pretty ordinary. I didn't get down to the Noarlunga game earlier this year, how did players/spectators find it. If there is an issue, surely the SFL would have done due diligence before approving it.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Luke15 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:24 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Luke15 wrote:...the story to come out of it will be the night final scrapped for future years...

Hearing reports that the quality of the light is pretty ordinary. I didn't get down to the Noarlunga game earlier this year, how did players/spectators find it. If there is an issue, surely the SFL would have done due diligence before approving it.

SFL Board doing Due diligence are you serious... LOL

The only EFFORT and DUE DILIGENCE they put in is in the bloody TRIBE FM Van
Luke15
Rookie

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:10 pm

Playing a night final is just too progressive and modern for a "good old days" advocate like yourself isn't it LGIL. ;)

No-one queried the standard of the lights when this was approved and there would have been some from other clubs that had a look at the Porties v Shoes game earlier in the year - and I haven't heard anyone complain about the light quality. I've been to Glenelg, South, Happy Valley and of course Brighton for night games and due to the light being mostly trained on the playing surface, the eyes tend to struggle to adjust with standing on the sidelines in near darkness. But vision is alot better on the ground than they appear from the sidelines. Anyway we will find out tomorrow night and it will be the same for both teams.

$10 entry is the same as last year and hopefully will stay at that for a couple more years. I know some people involved with the Essendon Dist. FL in Melbourne and they have Div 2 and Div 3 GF's this week at different venues and entry is $18. The Div 1 Prelim this week is $15 entry so I suspect the GF is at least $18 but more likely $20.

I believe the Tribe FM Van will be doing the River Rd twilight run on Saturday from Noarlunga to Porties meaning both A grade games will be broadcast. And they will be at Bice on Sunday.

I wish I was offered odds 25 years ago that one day Morphy Park and Edwardstown would play each other in a final at Aldinga!!!!
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby banterfordays » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:22 pm

Had to laugh about how the experts in the tribe FM van talking about how no A grade team will want to play in that night final
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Super Fred » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:17 pm

Shoes up by 15 points 3/4 time
Super Fred
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Super Fred » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:54 pm

Finished 18-11 to 13-6 to the shoes
Super Fred
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:57 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:
vics01 wrote:Understand Edwardstown made a complete disgrace of themselves tonight at an SFL investigation hearing. False accusations against very respected opposition official/s. Made up on the run at the hearing.. What is it with them and club reports.. Seem to always be involved in something.. Maybe it is still a hangover from playing nice footy.. Maybe they can be back there next year playing nice footy.

Would you like to share where one of the players involved in the incident spends his nights these days? Is it somewhere on grand junction road by chance? Why is hat Vic's?

And??

then start examining the reported incidents at the HFC since your mate rucked for them in the 90's until today.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Broken Down Hack » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:32 pm

Shane Lynch takes Mitchell Park to the premiership ..... may be A7 but this mob were getting pumped by 40 goals last year so fair effort to turn the club around in 12 months ......
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 pm

Went down to Pt Noarlunga and watched Reynella v Brighton. Brighton played well in first half but then Reynella showed there skill in the second half and won easy. Night final was great with a good crowd there. I know the SFL had a few knockers regarding the night final but I think it worked very well. My opinion the lights would be the best in the league.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:53 pm

My opinion is that there is no way those lights are up to scratch.

Played some footy at Red Cliffs in Mildura and their lights for night footy absolutely shit all over those at Porties. They pass for a trial game for me.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby ol man emu » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:09 am

Broken Down Hack wrote:Shane Lynch takes Mitchell Park to the premiership ..... may be A7 but this mob were getting pumped by 40 goals last year so fair effort to turn the club around in 12 months ......

Lynch got lucky.
Not sure he was the one that turned it around.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby petoe » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:54 am

Looking at the sportingpulse SFL site, have the prelim finals teams and structure been entered incorrectly? Or has it changed this year? Isn't it meant to be 1v4 winner (noarlunga) wins through to the Saturday prelim and the 2v3 winner (Reynella) wins through to the Sunday prelim? Because on the site it's listed the other way around?....
petoe
Under 16s

Postby Panther32 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:33 am

petoe wrote:Looking at the sportingpulse SFL site, have the prelim finals teams and structure been entered incorrectly? Or has it changed this year? Isn't it meant to be 1v4 winner (noarlunga) wins through to the Saturday prelim and the 2v3 winner (Reynella) wins through to the Sunday prelim? Because on the site it's listed the other way around?....

I would take a guess and say because Reynella finished a over Noarlunga they take the Saturday prelim.
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Down the Hill » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:51 pm

Sporting pulse automatically tries to place teams in their next final and often gets it wrong until the league fix it. All winners at the Shoe yesterday regardless of whether they finished 1st or 4th head to the Saturday prelim at Bice. Therefore the winners at Porties yesterday head back there for a Sunday Prelim.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby petoe » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:09 pm

Who would of ever thought in semi final week for the seniors that one game would be 1st vs 8th!! And it has happened in both A and B grade!!
petoe
Under 16s

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:53 pm

Well done to the MPFC's U/18's today. They beat the combined Noarlunga / Aldinga side today. For a club with a "poor" junior program placing within the top six of the highest junior grade may make a few posters rethink..... Then again, probably not. :roll: out the knockers
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL