The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Pseudo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:30 pm

85 points blew out to 109 by the end of the quarter. 9.6 to 1.0 in the final term.

Not to worry; the bananas get their AFL talent back to play the other AFL team next week. Compromised any?

I wonder if the WAFL's metrics are also up?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby spell_check » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:14 pm

LPH wrote:Don't stop there, Lads.
Bradman & Taylor's 334 is the next milestone 8)

We should be aiming for BC Lara I reckon

Even though this is a bit inaccurate in itself, this will give you an idea how this seasons rainfall stacks up against others:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=20098
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby LPH » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:34 pm

No-one saw this coming :roll:

Only a matter of time for it to happen here...

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport ... n-thunder/
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby RB » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:40 pm

A staggering FIVE players made their debut for Peel today. In a final, for a league football team. I can think of one or two players who made their debut in a final for the Eagles (Matthew Stokes, Paul Stewart). But FIVE! Surely a record. (Spelly?)
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby spell_check » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:42 pm

RB wrote:A staggering FIVE players made their debut for Peel today. In a final, for a league football team. I can think of one or two players who made their debut in a final for the Eagles (Matthew Stokes, Paul Stewart). But FIVE! Surely a record. (Spelly?)

In my records from 1983, Ben Hart and Peter Turner for North in the 1st Semi of 1990 is the only instance of two debutants in a final
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:43 pm

I bet if anyone tried to raise this with the SANFL, local Clubs and Rowey you would get shut down.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11841 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby RB » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:48 pm

spell_check wrote:
RB wrote:A staggering FIVE players made their debut for Peel today. In a final, for a league football team. I can think of one or two players who made their debut in a final for the Eagles (Matthew Stokes, Paul Stewart). But FIVE! Surely a record. (Spelly?)

In my records from 1983, Ben Hart and Peter Turner for North in the 1st Semi of 1990 is the only instance of two debutants in a final

Wow, one minute! :grin:
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby mal » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:57 pm

Peel Blunder
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1152 times
Been liked: 904 times

Postby Mic » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:58 pm

spell_check wrote:

Both were only 16 years old too!
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:00 pm

mal wrote:Peel Blunder

Only if Fraudmantle dont win the flag
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11841 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby robranisgod » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:36 pm

Mic wrote:
spell_check wrote:

And both did well that day. The only thing that puzzles most people who saw them both then and early in their career is what happened to Peter Turner. As good as Ben Hart looked and turned out to be, everyone thought that Peter Turner was the better prospect.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 227 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Mic » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:52 pm

robranisgod wrote:
Mic wrote:
spell_check wrote:

And both did well that day. The only thing that puzzles most people who saw them both then and early in their career is what happened to Peter Turner. As good as Ben Hart looked and turned out to be, everyone thought that Peter Turner was the better prospect.

Good point; he had so much talent.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:41 am

Ok back on thread please.

No AFL in the WAFL
No AFL in the SANFL
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:29 am

On top of everything else. I don't get why we can't have our final in its normal spot. Obviously it'd avoid potential final round player circuses caused by AFL sides resting players. Then we still get our place in the sun by having our grand final the week after the AFL finishes, and even the preliminary final thing day after the AFL grannie provides a footy fix for those who don't want the footy season to end. Those two stand alone finals possibly also provide a hook to bring in the occasional AFL supporters to one or two sanfl games a year.

No afl in the SANFL, but in the meantime can't we at least improve the conditions of the deal?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:30 pm

therisingblues wrote:On top of everything else. I don't get why we can't have our final in its normal spot.

Didn't suit the AFL clubs in the old time slot would be my guess.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby LPH » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:31 pm

Improve the conditions?
I would've though both the PAPs & the Cows are very happy with the current arrangement, don't you?
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby tipper » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:38 pm

LPH wrote:Improve the conditions?
I would've though both the PAPs & the Cows are very happy with the current arrangement, don't you?

and according to the media, the sanfl spokespeople, and even some of the club delegates, that seems to be all that matters..... :oops:
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Reddeer » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:53 pm

tipper wrote:
LPH wrote:Improve the conditions?

and according to the media, the sanfl spokespeople, and even some of the club delegates, that seems to be all that matters..... :oops:

Of course it is all that matters. The comp is so compromised now that it doesn't matter at all.
Winning a premiership and magarey medal will no longer mean much at all
integrity Humbug
Also why would the professionals be allowed to drop back players from the final AFL game to to SANFL. They should be excluded if they played the last AFL for the club. Another case of non existent fairness of the state of the SANFL
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:48 pm

therisingblues wrote:On top of everything else. I don't get why we can't have our final in its normal spot. Obviously it'd avoid potential final round player circuses caused by AFL sides resting players. Then we still get our place in the sun by having our grand final the week after the AFL finishes, and even the preliminary final thing day after the AFL grannie provides a footy fix for those who don't want the footy season to end. Those two stand alone finals possibly also provide a hook to bring in the occasional AFL supporters to one or two sanfl games a year.

No afl in the SANFL, but in the meantime can't we at least improve the conditions of the deal?

There was no way the AFL teams were going to come in unless the SANFL brought the final series forward. For example, this year that would make the GF 11th October and if Port made it then their AFL listed players would not come back for preseason until early December after their mandatory 8 week break, when most teams will be starting early November. SANFL bent over, simple.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Reddeer » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:56 pm

Dutchy wrote:
therisingblues wrote:On top of everything else. I don't get why we can't have our final in its normal spot. Obviously it'd avoid potential final round player circuses caused by AFL sides resting players. Then we still get our place in the sun by having our grand final the week after the AFL finishes, and even the preliminary final thing day after the AFL grannie provides a footy fix for those who don't want the footy season to end. Those two stand alone finals possibly also provide a hook to bring in the occasional AFL supporters to one or two sanfl games a year.

There was no way the AFL teams were going to come in unless the SANFL brought the final series forward. For example, this year that would make the GF 11th October and if Port made it then their AFL listed players would not come back for preseason until early December after their mandatory 8 week break, when most teams will be starting early November. SANFL bent over, simple.

Sorry but that just shows how weak the SANFL are. It used to be our comp so they play by OUR rules not the way they wanted it.
RIP SANFL
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL