Qualif. Final - Port v West @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Qualif. Final - Port v West @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9)

Postby The analyst » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:08 am

Well down to West Adelaide who played extremely well.

It was as well a great reconfirmation that the AFL clubs should only be allowed to have a maximum of 14 AFL listed players in their side per game.

The Port Reserves had 13 AFL listed players playing against West.
The analyst
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:08 am

cennals05 wrote:In the 3rd quarter of the first game at the southern end a Central supporter got told to move his flag from hanging over the fence. Which he did and then he stepped back over the seats to move to another seat. Security grabbed him and chucked him out. A West supporter then went up to security asking why they were chucking him out as he hadn't done anything wrong. They got him in a headlock and chucked him out too. It was ridiculous and over the top. Neither person had done anything wrong. Other supporters in the crowd then went to the Police to complain about the security but I'm not sure much was done.

At another stage during the game security on the boundary line pushed a guy that was half sitting on the fence off the fence. Didn't say anything to him or ask him to move, just pushed him.

Jesus H Tapdancing Christ. Sounds like the SMA took a leaf out of the Rolling Stones' book and hired the Hell's Angels to do security Altamont style.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby cennals05 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:08 am

Magellan wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Magellan wrote:Well done Westies.

As others have mentioned, the crowd looked pretty average on the telly. Unfortunately small crowds at Adelaide Oval, now that its a proper fully-fledged stadium, look no better that they did when they were played at Footy Park. I'm sure the atmosphere at the grounds is no better, either.

Pity they're not being played at local grounds.

At least you'd be allowed to stand up without security telling you you're only allowed to do so when "cheering a goal, or something like that".

Really? WTF? I take it Weslo were 'doing' the 'security' yesterday.

I wonder what else falls within the ambit of 'cheering a goal'? I guess on that basis you're not allowed to get up to go for leak until your team scores a major. Perhaps you'd also have to wait for another goal to resume your seat?

It wasn't WESLO, it was TGS security and they were completely over the top on Sunday.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:16 am

cennals05 wrote:It wasn't WESLO, it was TGS security and they were completely over the top on Sunday.

On Saturday, too.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby tkr » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:19 am

The analyst wrote:Well down to West Adelaide who played extremely well.

It was as well a great reconfirmation that the AFL clubs should only be allowed to have a maximum of 14 AFL listed players in their side per game.

The Port Reserves had 13 AFL listed players playing against West.

Better still let them go and play in another competition!
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:28 am

whufc wrote:We had a bbq in the car park at the Northern End, I think we were the only ones, no toilet in sight for the kids to go other than in the ground and unless you were prepared no where really close to grab a six pack of your favourite brew.

The Queen's Head or the Cathedral aren't close enough? :?
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:32 am

Pseudo wrote:
whufc wrote:We had a bbq in the car park at the Northern End, I think we were the only ones, no toilet in sight for the kids to go other than in the ground and unless you were prepared no where really close to grab a six pack of your favourite brew.

The Queen's Head or the Cathedral aren't close enough? :?

They won't allow you to take a six pack away, I didn't really fancy carrying a six pack on the train so I will have to come up with a back up plan
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:32 am

Of all the complaints I have heard in my time, I never thought having to go to AO instead of AAMI would be one..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:45 am

human_torpedo wrote:Of all the complaints I have heard in my time, I never thought having to go to AO instead of AAMI would be one..

Don't get me wrong I prefer the Oval for viewing, location, quality of facility but I do think it lacked that little bit of pre match atmosphere that footy park had with the ability to have bbq and part type set ups outside the ground.

To me it didn't feel any different to any minor round game I've been to AO before

Maybe even the fact the shops were always busy and there were just lots of people around made it feel like something big was happening, I didn't get that from AO yesterday, it was all very subdued
whufc
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:50 am

Four of us on the fence, in one of the aisles, about 60 metres out north-eastern end.
Crowd thinly smattered around, none within five or 10 rows of us, so most elevated and under the cover.
Apparently we were blocking the view.

I looked back up about 10 minutes after we'd been asked to sit down and there were security guards at the top of the aisles, watching.

Lighten up. I get why we are treated like cattle at AFL games - the sheer crowd size requires it. This sized crowd?
I also noticed the Norwood cheer squad in the south eastern quarter were seemingly told to do the same - but they actually seemed to have 'minders' standing near them for a while (unless that was some other folk wearing bright yellow coats).

Speaking of fashion, anyone else cop that person dressed in the fluoro pink top sitting in the terraces in the south-western corner during the elimination final? Man, that was bright! It was like an eclipse. On a grey day, she stood out like a beacon. Kudos to her ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:55 am

whufc wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Of all the complaints I have heard in my time, I never thought having to go to AO instead of AAMI would be one..

Don't get me wrong I prefer the Oval for viewing, location, quality of facility but I do think it lacked that little bit of pre match atmosphere that footy park had with the ability to have bbq and part type set ups outside the ground.

To me it didn't feel any different to any minor round game I've been to AO before

Maybe even the fact the shops were always busy and there were just lots of people around made it feel like something big was happening, I didn't get that from AO yesterday, it was all very subdued

Footy Park only really fired up on the last day of the year when the end to enders swelled to mob sized flare waving proportions. I note they've dropped off in recent times, I'm sure given a win or two in the next couple of weeks and we'll see the bald heads blazing in the spring sun.

Most finals before that era began were quite civilised and people just enjoyed a day at the footy. None of this marching from end to end to get another Big Woody in you.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:00 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Four of us on the fence, in one of the aisles, about 60 metres out north-eastern end.
Crowd thinly smattered around, none within five or 10 rows of us, so most elevated and under the cover.
Apparently we were blocking the view.

I looked back up about 10 minutes after we'd been asked to sit down and there were security guards at the top of the aisles, watching.

Lighten up. I get why we are treated like cattle at AFL games - the sheer crowd size requires it. This sized crowd?
I also noticed the Norwood cheer squad in the south eastern quarter were seemingly told to do the same - but they actually seemed to have 'minders' standing near them for a while (unless that was some other folk wearing bright yellow coats).

Speaking of fashion, anyone else cop that person dressed in the fluoro pink top sitting in the terraces in the south-western corner during the elimination final? Man, that was bright! It was like an eclipse. On a grey day, she stood out like a beacon. Kudos to her ;)

Understandable, they saw a bunch of Centrals supporters and they weren't sure if that was a flare stuffed down your strides or that you were just happy to see them.... ;)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:01 pm

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

Footy Park only really fired up on the last day of the year when the end to enders swelled to mob sized flare waving proportions. I note they've dropped off in recent times, I'm sure given a win or two in the next couple of weeks and we'll see the bald heads blazing in the spring sun.

Most finals before that era began were quite civilised and people just enjoyed a day at the footy. None of this marching from end to end to get another Big Woody in you.

Where did I mention anything about end to end

In fact my whole point was about outside the ground and before the match started.

As I said inside the ground was much of a muchness, the hill with such a small crowd though lacked atmosphere.

Also was there no bookies at the ground, use to always love having a punt at footy park with the bookies on first goal scorers and other exotics Sportsbet don't do

I just didn't notice any thing different from AO during the minor round to yesterdays finals game, at least at footy park there was a 'vibe' about it, you knew it meant finals time
whufc
Coach

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:11 pm

cennals05 wrote:In the 3rd quarter of the first game at the southern end a Central supporter got told to move his flag from hanging over the fence. Which he did and then he stepped back over the seats to move to another seat. Security grabbed him and chucked him out. A West supporter then went up to security asking why they were chucking him out as he hadn't done anything wrong. They got him in a headlock and chucked him out too. It was ridiculous and over the top. Neither person had done anything wrong. Other supporters in the crowd then went to the Police to complain about the security but I'm not sure much was done.

Rang Adelaide Oval this morning and reported this, terrible behaviour from the security guard. I was two metres away from it as I'm a wannabe Norwood end to ender.

Don't fancy my chances of anything happening, I was told how much their security 'has to put up with', how a security guard had been assaulted on Saturday and, incorrectly, how verbally threatening the West guy was.

The cops I spoke to said they'd be reviewing the footage, hopefully at least the security guy gets a mouthful from his bosses.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:14 pm

topsywaldron wrote:

Rang Adelaide Oval this morning and reported this, terrible behaviour from the security guard. I was two metres away from it as I'm a wannabe Norwood end to ender.

Don't fancy my chances of anything happening, I was told how much their security 'has to put up with', how a security guard had been assaulted on Saturday and, incorrectly, how verbally threatening the West guy was.

The cops I spoke to said they'd be reviewing the footage, hopefully at least the security guy gets a mouthful from his bosses.

More likely him and the bosses are sitting around having a laugh and brag about it.
whufc
Coach

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:24 pm

Anyone else who saw it should ring the Adelaide Oval too, we shouldn't have to hack this kind of thuggish behaviour.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:30 pm

topsywaldron wrote: Don't fancy my chances of anything happening, I was told how much their security 'has to put up with', how a security guard had been assaulted on Saturday and, incorrectly, how verbally threatening the West guy was.

I'm sure security guys do have to put up with a lot - particularly with much larger crowds where mobs can change the way we all behave.
However, yesterday? I doubt they would have had to put up with "much". The crowds were good natured and sparse, not large enough to inflate the bravado of performing in front of a big crowd.
Maybe they were just amped up, being used to AFL supporters and big crowds and didn't take into account the different nature a much smaller SANFL crowd brings.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Magellan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:40 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Maybe they were just amped up

Naturally or artificially? ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:42 pm

Why would you stand up where there's seats?
There's plenty of standing areas at Adelaide Oval.
If you want stand up go to the designated standing area, if you want to sit down go to the designated seated area.
Common sense?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:45 pm

Wedgie wrote:Why would you stand up where there's seats?
There's plenty of standing areas at Adelaide Oval.
If you want stand up go to the designated standing area, if you want to sit down go to the designated seated area.
Common sense?

Is that rooster in your avatar in a standing area?

Jokes
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL