Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Thumbs Up » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Reader wrote:I went down to the emu v $hoes or club team v greedy recruit$ game. Pleasing result in front of a huge crowd. Mitts was heard enquiring after the game as to how much it cost to buy a club team of home grown lads and can it be done by June 30.

Just imagine what people at Morphett Vale will be heard enquiring about tonight . Maybe they will be enquiring about their “club team of home grown lads” that is now out of the finals. And with all of the junior grades losing today, maybe the junior juggernaut maybe taking its turn to slow down. They may just need to start using some points and do some recruiting in the near future. I wonder what Old Man Emu and certain members of the M.O.B would have to say about that. Get the cricket bats out boys.
Thumbs Up
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Thumbs Up » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:15 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Some social media sledging going on, and the Shoes took the bait

?
What sledging? What Bait?
Attachments
out.jpg
out.jpg (12.2 KiB) Viewed 3024 times
Thumbs Up
Mini-League

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Gutsy win for Towns today. Especially w/o their captain after Vic's feral mates down at HFC lived up to their m.o.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby vics01 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:18 pm

EV

What the sniper got whacked????
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby spot on » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:29 pm

Thumbs Up wrote:
Reader wrote:I went down to the emu v $hoes or club team v greedy recruit$ game. Pleasing result in front of a huge crowd. Mitts was heard enquiring after the game as to how much it cost to buy a club team of home grown lads and can it be done by June 30.

Just imagine what people at Morphett Vale will be heard enquiring about tonight . Maybe they will be enquiring about their “club team of home grown lads” that is now out of the finals. And with all of the junior grades losing today, maybe the junior juggernaut maybe taking its turn to slow down. They may just need to start using some points and do some recruiting in the near future. I wonder what Old Man Emu and certain members of the M.O.B would have to say about that. Get the cricket bats out boys.

Maybe you are right T.U., but no need to be a smart arse about it.
Morphett Vale have had every right to be proud of, and boast about their achievements in the past 10 -15 years with premiership winning teams made up of all local juniors coming through the system. Something that may never happen again as (in my opinion) football has been ruined by money and interest is being lost particularly at junior level.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby Down the Hill » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:14 pm

Dare I say spot on Spot On.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby 1919 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:35 pm

vics01 wrote:EV

What the sniper got whacked????

Really Vics, you'd argue black is white with that logic. I watched Towns for 4 years before this season, not one sniper in the club, I watched HFC about 7 times in that period, there would be 2 or 3 snipers without question. Most serious followers on this site would have to agree.
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby pantherman » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:53 am

spot on wrote:
Thumbs Up wrote:

Maybe you are right T.U., but no need to be a smart arse about it.
Morphett Vale have had every right to be proud of, and boast about their achievements in the past 10 -15 years with premiership winning teams made up of all local juniors coming through the system. Something that may never happen again as (in my opinion) football has been ruined by money and interest is being lost particularly at junior level.

Wow T.U How dare you critisize MV when they clearly where so respectful to The $hoes and their Greedy Recruit$.

Money cant buy everything MV are correct there, but fortunately for them it can buy a bus for earlier than expected Mad Monday.
pantherman

Been liked: 7 times

Postby afc9798 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:25 am

King wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:Wow, Flaggies pretty mouthy right now, any other previous comments you want to dig up at this time King?

Still 4 weeks to go

Hey LGIL, that's not mouthy, that's educating a no knowledge critic.

Now if you want mouthy, this is mouthy!!

Flaggies A grade TOP, Christies 6th.
Flaggies B grade 2nd, Christies 8th.
Flaggies 18s TOP, Christies 6th.
Flaggies 16s 3rd, Christies 5th
Flaggies 14s TOP, Christies 6th.

I deliberately put TOP instead of first because as you say, 4 weeks to go! Try and enjoy them!!

No follow up post King?
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Luke15 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:09 am

Thumbs Up wrote:

Now let me start by saying i am by far a Morphett Vale supporter in fact i am close to opposite but i disagree with most of this post. Sure MVale exited on the first week of finals but surely some of you posters if you had half a brain can see that for long term future the way MVale have gone about it is perfect. No.one wants to win 1 flag then wait another 20years to win another.

Yes i agree you need to top.up your list of locals with a couple.of recruits but playing mainly locals and keeping them together is a vital.cog in long term success. Sure some of these will retire soon like Bayly x2, Zaluski, Bennetts, Earl, Hill etc But jeez they have a fair young crop coming through that have now been exposed to Senior footy. Names like Baker, Greenwood, young Bode, Williams, Sloan, Glazbrook and many more. Add them to.middle aged guys like Carpenter, Reynolds, Corrie, Byrne, Bode, Smith, Noble and there is plenty.to work with.
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:24 am

afc9798 wrote:
King wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:Wow, Flaggies pretty mouthy right now, any other previous comments you want to dig up at this time King?

Still 4 weeks to go

I deliberately put TOP instead of first because as you say, 4 weeks to go! Try and enjoy them!!

No follow up post King?

Season over is it?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2325 times
Been liked: 3504 times

Postby afc9798 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:09 pm

Dutchy wrote:
afc9798 wrote:
King wrote:

Still 4 weeks to go

No follow up post King?

Season over is it?

Not sure, was hoping King could fill me in?
afc9798
Reserves

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Interesting chatting to a few Noarlunga people on Sat and they all admitted what went on the previous week to ensure they finished 4th, with the knowledge that even if they got beaten by Flaggies they would have got another home final this week.

Shoes were too good on the day, 7 - 0 goal run in the 2nd quarter was the difference, pretty even game other than that.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2325 times
Been liked: 3504 times

Postby Oldman Munga » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:26 pm

Dutchy wrote:Interesting chatting to a few Noarlunga people on Sat and they all admitted what went on the previous week to ensure they finished 4th, with the knowledge that even if they got beaten by Flaggies they would have got another home final this week.

Shoes were too good on the day, 7 - 0 goal run in the 2nd quarter was the difference, pretty even game other than that.

What a crock of sh*t
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby morell » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:28 pm

ol man emu wrote:
Broken Down Hack wrote:Shane Lynch takes Mitchell Park to the premiership ..... may be A7 but this mob were getting pumped by 40 goals last year so fair effort to turn the club around in 12 months ......

Lynch got lucky.
Not sure he was the one that turned it around.

Well, I am sure, and he did.

Not without the help of many other people of course but you've been eating too much bird seed if you think Lynch didn't play an integral role in our success this year.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby afc9798 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:46 pm

morell wrote:
ol man emu wrote:
Broken Down Hack wrote:Shane Lynch takes Mitchell Park to the premiership ..... may be A7 but this mob were getting pumped by 40 goals last year so fair effort to turn the club around in 12 months ......

Lynch got lucky.
Not sure he was the one that turned it around.

Well, I am sure, and he did.

Not without the help of many other people of course but you've been eating too much bird seed if you think Lynch didn't play an integral role in our success this year.

Congratulations to him. That article was a real hatchet job on him "Is this Australia's worst football coach?".
Just goes to show where the Aldinga issues were. Good on MItchell Park for taking a punt on him too.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby tigerpie » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:19 pm

Oldman Munga wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Interesting chatting to a few Noarlunga people on Sat and they all admitted what went on the previous week to ensure they finished 4th, with the knowledge that even if they got beaten by Flaggies they would have got another home final this week.

What a crock of sh*t

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
The test implies that a person can identify an unknown subject by observing that subject's habitual characteristics. ;)
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby waterguy01 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:10 pm

I wonder, if the Shoes had lost, would they have been allocated the same "away" Gym, sorry, I mean change rooms again next week??
waterguy01
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby King » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:35 pm

No follow up post King?[/quote]

Season over is it?[/quote]

Not sure, was hoping King could fill me in?[/quote]

Can do. I'm pretty sure the season isn't over yet.
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby banterfordays » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:45 pm

afc9798 wrote:
King wrote:

Still 4 weeks to go

No follow up post King?

I;ll cover for Kingy

3rd
4th
3rd

Long way to go yet

Kingy mentioned that there were 4 weeks to go, now they're 3
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

PreviousNext