HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby SecretInformant » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Legs Man wrote:Yes - apparently a bit of in team fighting due to certain players not using certain players when they were free to receive the football.
This is obviously 2nd hand info but I have heard it from a couple of people involved at TV that egos played a major part in the side.
TV are a very good side without the Ellis boys from what I saw last Saturday and will give Hahndorf a really good match.
It was also noticeable that TV were prepared to utilise any player that was open and in a better position during the first final and played some damn good footy - led by O'Sullivan who was outstanding.

This doesn't surprise me at all to hear. When you're paying players ridiculous amounts of money per goal they kick ($250+++) they obviously will become selfish to ensure they get their money. It happened when Mt Lofty played them this year. One player had a shot from 55m out when another player was open 15m out directly infront.
SecretInformant

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Bushman » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:03 pm

All the medal results up on Sporting Pulse
Bushman
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Afterthesiren » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:48 pm

rock wrote:Did Chad O'Sullivan suffer any injuries from being assaulted by Dale Ellis?
And who's coaching Blackwood next year? I see they have been interviewing at least 2 possible A grade coaches. I thought they'd hang onto Salievic for another year.

Interesting it was mentioned O'Sullivan is talking to a couple of Div 1 clubs about coaching next year. I heard Blackwood is one of those clubs who are actively seeking a replacement for Salievic. Word has it Blackwood have gone shopping for a coach before telling Salievic he is no longer required. I guess they keep the Salievic card in the back pocket in case they can't find a replacement. Pity for him they haven't done it quietly.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby chopper7 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:19 am

Well done to Uri for making their 10th Grand Final under Sutherlands guidance. They were simply too good today for Echunga, especially in the 2nd half were they just took ahold of the game. Will Young did a fantastic job on Aish whilst the evergreen Loffler shut out Careys normal dominance. They will be pretty stoked for the 21 day break I think with only having 1 fit player on the bench with Robbie Kepa and Kane McLean going down. Could be an eye opener for Echunga as they were out played today.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby lovethefooty » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:23 pm

so what did everyone get out of the game on Saturday.
Uraidla were very good.
lots of smart footballers with good skills who have a very clear idea of the style they are expected to play.
Echunga missed Lindsay and Harland (as any team would).
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Sniper » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:27 pm

Blackwood B grade straight into the GF but ..... Is it true in trouble again after another lack of understanding regarding the permit player rule ?
Sniper
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Postby Afterthesiren » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:23 pm

Sniper wrote:Blackwood B grade straight into the GF but ..... Is it true in trouble again after another lack of understanding regarding the permit player rule ?

Well SportingPulse has Hahndorf straight into the GF so I'd suggest your on the money there. Sounds like the wheels are falling off in a few areas at Blackwood, especially with the committee snaking Salievic by searching for a new coach.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Rubber Chest » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:25 pm

Sniper wrote:Blackwood B grade straight into the GF but ..... Is it true in trouble again after another lack of understanding regarding the permit player rule ?

Yeah, according to sporting pulse they have been disqualified. Played 3 ineligible players, without permits I assume.
Hahndorf are now through to the B grade GF which will be a great experience for their young team.
Rubber Chest
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:40 pm

What the hell is with firstly playing the 1SF & 2SF on separate weeks, but secondly, and more crazily, playing the 2SF the week BEFORE the 1SF???

Uraidla are going to go into a Grand Final having played no footy for 2 weekends and a week off before that. They might be fresh, but I would have thought the length of time between games is more a hindrance than an advantage, how rusty are they going to be. Are they expected to organise a couple of trial games or something? This is probably one of those occasions where there is more advantage in losing than winning.

Has to be the most bizarre programming I have seen. I thought the ridiculousness of trying to relegate the premier last year took the cake, but this steps it up a level again. You guys must be on acid, or maybe the air is just thinner up in them hills.
Last edited by Look Good In Leather on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby cracka » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:52 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:What the hell is with firstly playing the 1SFL & 2SF on separate weeks, but secondly, and more crazily, playing the 2SF the week BEFORE the 1SF???

Uraidla are going to go into a Grand Final having played no footy for 2 weekends and a week off before that. They might be fresh, but I would have thought the length of time between games is more a hindrance than an advantage, how rusty are they going to be. Are they expected to organise a couple of trial games or something? This is probably one of those occasions where there is more advantage in losing than winning.

Has to be the most bizarre programming I have seen. I thought the ridiculousness of trying to relegate the premier last year took the cake, but this steps it up a level again. You guys must be on acid, or maybe the air is just thinner up in them hills.

Have you been away for 3 months?
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby chopper7 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:18 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:What the hell is with firstly playing the 1SFL & 2SF on separate weeks, but secondly, and more crazily, playing the 2SF the week BEFORE the 1SF???

Have you honestly not read a single post on this thread?? This has been discussed in length at least 6-7 times with the issues and reasonings all explained.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:30 pm

chopper7 wrote:

Have you honestly not read a single post on this thread?? This has been discussed in length at least 6-7 times with the issues and reasonings all explained.

Scanning over the last 4-5 pages there is something about Div 2 not playing over the country champs but no reason why the 2SF is played before the 1SF instead of the other way round. Got no idea what Div 2 would have anything to do with it
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby cracka » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:38 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

Scanning over the last 4-5 pages there is something about Div 2 not playing over the country champs but no reason why the 2SF is played before the 1SF instead of the other way round. Got no idea what Div 2 would have anything to do with it

Then you missed my post saying if it was that way around then Uraidla would have had 2 weekends off in a row after the last minor round. For someone who claims to be across most issues involving country footy you're way behind on this one.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:04 pm

cracka wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

Then you missed my post saying if it was that way around then Uraidla would have had 2 weekends off in a row after the last minor round. For someone who claims to be across most issues involving country footy you're way behind on this one.

Again, not ideal, but would you not rather the stuff around leading into a second-chance final rather than a grand final. This is why the final 5 system is designed to run over 4 weeks.

It's never easy to make sense of stupidity, if I am way behind this, who is in front of it?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby WindyHill » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:28 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:

Well SportingPulse has Hahndorf straight into the GF so I'd suggest your on the money there. Sounds like the wheels are falling off in a few areas at Blackwood, especially with the committee snaking Salievic by searching for a new coach.

Obtained permits for the players who had played an extra A grade game but seemed to forget to for the one who played more B grade but round 18 in A grade. As for your Salievic witchhunt you are wrong.
WindyHill
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Legs Man » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:48 am

Wow - bad call by Blackwood
At least they won Div 3 - albeit playing on their home deck and with a few more guys available than Milang.

LGIL - the draw has been brought up a fair bit since it was released and it seems unanimously agreed it is a total farce that only reinforces the general opinion regarding the HFL and their ability to make extremely bad decisions - continuously

They do seem to do a good job though of separating themselves from the general Hills supporter and participants at finals matches - sitting like the kings of football in their "special" area each week.
Perhaps they wanted to extend the time they could do this for and extending the finals series achieved this for them.

Rumour has it a special grandstand is being built at Balhannah for them and they are being delivered by limousine to the GF - unfortunately the chopper wasn't available as they had planned on using that mode of transport

Anything that occurs in the HFL doesn't surprise me anymore as I have become totally numb to it and have come to the realisation it is the norm not the exception.
They have more front than Myer and seem oblivious to the outside world of football - you can see this for yourself at the remaining finals matches as they sit on their self imposed throne

( sorry for the sarcasm everyone but it's now well beyond a joke and is making our competition the laughing stock of SA football )
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby cracka » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:25 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:Again, not ideal, but would you not rather the stuff around leading into a second-chance final rather than a grand final. This is why the final 5 system is designed to run over 4 weeks.

It's never easy to make sense of stupidity, if I am way behind this, who is in front of it?

The 30 odd forum users who have been talking about this for the past 6 months. Sh!t, even the HFL board admitted they got it wrong & tried to change it 3 months ago but guess what, the clubs overruled them, even Uraidla voted to leave it as is.
cracka
Veteran

Postby FlyingHigh » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:50 am

As a long-time ago Div 2 player, what would be wrong with playing the 2 GF's on the same day, just once?
How many people would it really take away from each game? Maybe some Div 2 people who may go the weekend after to the Div 1 GF? Maybe a small few numbers of interested neutrals have to make a choice? Would seem the lesser of two evils to me.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby Alaska » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:29 am

Ahh… but the HFL commissioners would only get to go to one Grand Final with all the trimmings. It is part of the job description.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Legs Man » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:52 am

cracka wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:Again, not ideal, but would you not rather the stuff around leading into a second-chance final rather than a grand final. This is why the final 5 system is designed to run over 4 weeks.

The 30 odd forum users who have been talking about this for the past 6 months. Sh!t, even the HFL board admitted they got it wrong & tried to change it 3 months ago but guess what, the clubs overruled them, even Uraidla voted to leave it as is.

Yes totally bizarre - but I have heard the horse had well and truly bolted by the time the re work of the finals program was mooted by the HFL.
Clubs had organised presentation nights, footy trips and other participants had put plans in place around the original and now current draw.
Too little too late - should never have happened in the first place.

Have heard on the grapevine no Div 2 club will be looking for promotion so Onkas may still have hope of keeping their spot in Div 1
Anyone able to provide any info on this?

What happens if a current Div 1 club can't field the required juniors next year and will the HFL request junior numbers from clubs prior the 2016 season start?

Also is anyone able to provide the final relegation points table now the minor round is complete?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy