Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:41 am

wristwatcher wrote:My Father in law dying this morning on Fathers Day in the RAH in a f@cken room with 3 bloody other patients. Despite having private medical we had to have all the family come through and say goodbye in the presence of strangers. All the private rooms where bring used by prisoners and other people. Hard to believe a dying man can't get a bloody room. Even when the doctor said maybe another two hours we had upto a dozen people on a share room.

Absolute ******* disgrace they could not find a room in an entire hospital in his last 24 hours. We had to endure our time of grief with people who were taking shits 3 feet from us, having the TV blaring and loud phone conversations. I don't blame the patients but the RAH and the system is f@cked.

RIP Dad

That is awful, not allowing a dying man the dignity to do so in peace amongst family.

Very sorry to hear,I hope Katy is ok. The even sadder thing here is that he missed out on meeting his new grandchild.

Thoughts with you both.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:04 pm

The Ash Man wrote:The Sunday Mail putting in last weeks results

Yep idiots.
Count the times they stuff up the cricket scores this season.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:23 pm

Pseudo wrote:I think you just won the thread. Complaining about my own shit-giving issues would be mere self indulgence after that post.

My condolences to thee and thine.

Thank you. Not really a thread I wanted to own.

It's strange or peculiar or something that as we all sat around post death with the curtains pulled I really didn't know what to do or say. We sat there for about half an hour and I thought maybe I can read the paper to take my mind of things and calm me down. I turned straight to the SAAFL results and last weeks results as Ashman posted above. Probably fair to say it didn't effect me as much as it would have any other Sunday.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:30 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:My Father in law dying this morning on Fathers Day in the RAH in a f@cken room with 3 bloody other patients. Despite having private medical we had to have all the family come through and say goodbye in the presence of strangers. All the private rooms where bring used by prisoners and other people. Hard to believe a dying man can't get a bloody room. Even when the doctor said maybe another two hours we had upto a dozen people on a share room.

Absolute ******* disgrace they could not find a room in an entire hospital in his last 24 hours. We had to endure our time of grief with people who were taking shits 3 feet from us, having the TV blaring and loud phone conversations. I don't blame the patients but the RAH and the system is f@cked.

RIP Dad

That is awful, not allowing a dying man the dignity to do so in peace amongst family.

Very sorry to hear,I hope Katy is ok. The even sadder thing here is that he missed out on meeting his new grandchild.

Thoughts with you both.

Thanks Lisa and BoundaryRider.

What's done Is done. Perhaps a carefully worded email to the appropriate management after the funeral to ensure no other family has to experience that. I can't help but feel if we had of been of a different cultural background perhaps a room would have been made available. My wife, sister in law and mother in law were amazing in the quiet humility they dealt with such a horrible exit.

Very sad that Ray won't meet his first Grandchild but he did get to hear her heartbeat.

Katy was pretty stressed, emotional and started getting nose bleeds so I took her straight to North Eastern and her and baby are both fine now. That place is like the Hilton compared to the RAH.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby heater31 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:58 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

RIP Dad

Thoughts with you both.

What's done Is done. Perhaps a carefully worded email to the appropriate management after the funeral to ensure no other family has to experience that. I can't help but feel if we had of been of a different cultural background perhaps a room would have been made available. My wife, sister in law and mother in law were amazing in the quiet humility they dealt with such a horrible exit.

Very sad that Ray won't meet his first Grandchild but he did get to hear her heartbeat.

Katy was pretty stressed, emotional and started getting nose bleeds so I took her straight to North Eastern and her and baby are both fine now. That place is like the Hilton compared to the RAH.

As shit as that situation is on the positive side at least this won't be happening at the new RAH. There will be no shared rooms if you need to stay overnight.

Had a similar experience in a small country hospital with a family member, simply there were no further rooms available and for the first time during that final stay we had to share the room with another family who was in for a minor issue. Think Mum vented to Management a couple of weeks later whilst it didn't achieve much but she felt better for getting off her chest.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:17 pm

heater31 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

RIP Dad

Thoughts with you both.

As shit as that situation is on the positive side at least this won't be happening at the new RAH. There will be no shared rooms if you need to stay overnight.

Had a similar experience in a small country hospital with a family member, simply there were no further rooms available and for the first time during that final stay we had to share the room with another family who was in for a minor issue. Think Mum vented to Management a couple of weeks later whilst it didn't achieve much but she felt better for getting off her chest.

Yeah I used this thread to vent but nearly lost it a few times. There was a bloke three doors down in a single room in great spirits loudly on the phone asking about how the fruit trees were going and telling people he is doing fine and expected to be out soon. I nearly wheeled him out the room myself.

Fair to say if it had of been my Dad and not my father in law or even my mother, child or brother or sister I probably would have ripped the roof off the place. Not sure what it would have achieved but in that state of mind it's hard to control emotions.

I legitimately thought about bringing in a large prayer group to see if that could have got us the privacy we deserved. As I had mentioned I can't imagine a different culture not being afforded some privacy.

Anyway move on, off to the funeral home now to continue the ultimate day that gives you the shits.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Gozu » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:30 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Yeah I used this thread to vent but nearly lost it a few times. There was a bloke three doors down in a single room in great spirits loudly on the phone asking about how the fruit trees were going and telling people he is doing fine and expected to be out soon. I nearly wheeled him out the room myself.

Fair to say if it had of been my Dad and not my father in law or even my mother, child or brother or sister I probably would have ripped the roof off the place. Not sure what it would have achieved but in that state of mind it's hard to control emotions.

I legitimately thought about bringing in a large prayer group to see if that could have got us the privacy we deserved. As I had mentioned I can't imagine a different culture not being afforded some privacy.

Anyway move on, off to the funeral home now to continue the ultimate day that gives you the shits.

Sorry to hear about your loss mate. It is a very undignified way to go out the lack of privacy. Not on the same level obviously but when my dad had a big stroke about 9 years ago he had to share an open room with 2-3 other guys at the QEH for the first two months with only a curtain for privacy with the nappy changing. Bit different but even the next four months he spent at St. Margaret's rehab hospital he still had to share a room with 3-4 other stroke patients.

It's always bothered me the lack of respect given to the old and dying not just in hospitals but retirement homes too. A lot of other countries consider our 'western' ways shameful.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Johno6 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:25 pm

I was working on Grand Junction Rd the other night.
I saw a car flick its indicator on and thought "here we go, my first customer of the night finally"

But then they turned there indicator off, and drove away.

Wasn't happy.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Booney » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:29 pm

Johno6 wrote:I was working on Grand Junction Rd the other night.
I saw a car flick its indicator on and thought "here we go, my first customer of the night finally"

Wasn't happy.

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:45 pm

Johno6 wrote:I was working on Grand Junction Rd the other night.

Wasn't happy.

Sorry
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:53 pm

I may have said this a few times, but f**kin Sales Reps do my head in.

We have one that sits at home doing f**k all, rings in vague orders, like "give them buckets".....we sell about 100 different buckets, all different shapes, sizes, colours, functions and prices.

This means I have to pick something for them, quote it myself, then the customer gets it, didn't want that one, it was too expensive, yadda yadda, and the rep has no f**kin idea what they've sold them.

Then it comes back onto people in the office and the rep accepts no responsibility.

I have also asked her to email orders in, so there is no miscommunication (she rings them in, says she "crossed it off her list" and that means she's always right). Apparently emailing them would take too much time.

Honestly this woman has no idea what shes giving customers, and now there are other reps sticking up for her.

Currently a customer asked for something they've never had before. I suggested the person who took the call get rep in charge of that account to sort it out. NOPE! Shouldn't bother the rep with that stuff. Now the accounts lady is having to ring suppliers, and getting quotes on numerous things from a vague description. She will do it right, but will fall behind in her work, and people will be on her back for that, even though she was doing their work coz they can't be f**ked.

And they just sit back in their nice houses, wondering if the weather will be nice enough on the weekend to take the yacht out.

F**kin cockheads!
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:10 pm

Not just the yacht mate.

We need to decide which silk tie to wear, need to have something to wipe that ******* caviar off the face! :lol:

*EDIT*

I'm not a "rep" as such, most "reps" don't care if they're selling toilet paper or pens, but I am in a sales role and I can assure you, not also sales "reps" sit at home deciding to take the yacht out or not. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Booney wrote:I'm not a "rep" as such, most "reps" don't care if they're selling toilet paper or pens, but I am in a sales role and I can assure you, not also sales "reps" sit at home deciding to take the yacht out or not. ;)

Some go into the office and post on SAFooty all day.... :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby HH3 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:23 pm

The main problem is this particular "rep" doesn't have any idea what they're selling, and feels no need to find out what their customers are getting until there's a problem. Then you cop the "I told you to give them this one at this price. Its crossed out in my book, so I must've. Maybe you heard me wrong" bullshit.

She will literally call me to write a three sentence email to her customer. She will tell me what to write, and their email address, just so she doesn't have to go upstairs and turn her computer on.

And she has the NERVE! to whinge that her commission is down......to people that do her work and don't get any commission.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:26 pm

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:I'm not a "rep" as such, most "reps" don't care if they're selling toilet paper or pens, but I am in a sales role and I can assure you, not also sales "reps" sit at home deciding to take the yacht out or not. ;)

Some go into the office and post on SAFooty all day.... :lol:

Or on the i-pad, or the phone, while out selling.... ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:19 pm

HH3 wrote:The main problem is this particular "rep" doesn't have any idea what they're selling, and feels no need to find out what their customers are getting until there's a problem. Then you cop the "I told you to give them this one at this price. Its crossed out in my book, so I must've. Maybe you heard me wrong" bullshit.

She will literally call me to write a three sentence email to her customer. She will tell me what to write, and their email address, just so she doesn't have to go upstairs and turn her computer on.

And she has the NERVE! to whinge that her commission is down......to people that do her work and don't get any commission.

You could just start completely sabotaging her orders so her commission keeps sinking
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11841 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:25 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
HH3 wrote:The main problem is this particular "rep" doesn't have any idea what they're selling, and feels no need to find out what their customers are getting until there's a problem. Then you cop the "I told you to give them this one at this price. Its crossed out in my book, so I must've. Maybe you heard me wrong" bullshit.

You could just start completely sabotaging her orders so her commission keeps sinking

Then the customer suffers, which I don't like. I do my best for them. It's not their fault they got allocated a f**kwit of a rep.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:57 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Mugs game, unless, of course, you are very driven, very motivated, very organised and have a real desire to get in peoples faces and piss them off until they cave and give you an order. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:05 pm

Funny you say that Boon.

We have one rep who we have heard from customers that he stands in the foyer until they buy something. Even if they've told him they don't need anything.

He's our most successful rep.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:20 pm

HH3 wrote:Funny you say that Boon.

We have one rep who we have heard from customers that he stands in the foyer until they buy something. Even if they've told him they don't need anything.

He's our most successful rep.

He also probably doesn't have any friends ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion