HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Corona Man » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:02 am

Legs Man wrote:
cracka wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:Again, not ideal, but would you not rather the stuff around leading into a second-chance final rather than a grand final. This is why the final 5 system is designed to run over 4 weeks.

It's never easy to make sense of stupidity, if I am way behind this, who is in front of it?

The 30 odd forum users who have been talking about this for the past 6 months. Sh!t, even the HFL board admitted they got it wrong & tried to change it 3 months ago but guess what, the clubs overruled them, even Uraidla voted to leave it as is.

Yes totally bizarre - but I have heard the horse had well and truly bolted by the time the re work of the finals program was mooted by the HFL.
Clubs had organised presentation nights, footy trips and other participants had put plans in place around the original and now current draw.
Too little too late - should never have happened in the first place.

Have heard on the grapevine no Div 2 club will be looking for promotion so Onkas may still have hope of keeping their spot in Div 1
Anyone able to provide any info on this?

What happens if a current Div 1 club can't field the required juniors next year and will the HFL request junior numbers from clubs prior the 2016 season start?

Also is anyone able to provide the final relegation points table now the minor round is complete?

And their names?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Rubber Chest » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:09 am

WindyHill wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:
Sniper wrote:Blackwood B grade straight into the GF but ..... Is it true in trouble again after another lack of understanding regarding the permit player rule ?

Well SportingPulse has Hahndorf straight into the GF so I'd suggest your on the money there. Sounds like the wheels are falling off in a few areas at Blackwood, especially with the committee snaking Salievic by searching for a new coach.

Obtained permits for the players who had played an extra A grade game but seemed to forget to for the one who played more B grade but round 18 in A grade. As for your Salievic witchhunt you are wrong.

Interesting!! Surely this is not the case, by-Law 17 clearly states the rules. Two clubs in the past have been denied permits for players in simliar situations.

Surely, the HFL permit committe is being fair and consistent with all permits.
Rubber Chest
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby rock » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:56 am

WindyHill wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:
Sniper wrote:Blackwood B grade straight into the GF but ..... Is it true in trouble again after another lack of understanding regarding the permit player rule ?

Well SportingPulse has Hahndorf straight into the GF so I'd suggest your on the money there. Sounds like the wheels are falling off in a few areas at Blackwood, especially with the committee snaking Salievic by searching for a new coach.

Obtained permits for the players who had played an extra A grade game but seemed to forget to for the one who played more B grade but round 18 in A grade. As for your Salievic witchhunt you are wrong.

Not a witchhunt, I was told the committee have contacted at least 2 prospective coaches in the last 2 weeks. This info comes from a very reliable source, one of those coaches comes from within the Div 1 HFL competition. Not trying to lay the boots in here, I think Salievic has done a reasonable job and deserves another year but he also deserves support from his committee, clearly he's not getting that.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:01 pm

rock wrote:
WindyHill wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:

Not a witchhunt, I was told the committee have contacted at least 2 prospective coaches in the last 2 weeks. This info comes from a very reliable source, one of those coaches comes from within the Div 1 HFL competition. Not trying to lay the boots in here, I think Salievic has done a reasonable job and deserves another year but he also deserves support from his committee, clearly he's not getting that.

Yep I heard one of those coaches who had met with Blackwood was Jarman.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby lovethefooty » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:04 pm

what sort of job do we think the hills leagues coaches have done this year?
ratings??
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Alaska » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:15 pm

If they kick out Salievic now, I think they will lose a lot of good loyal players.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby running defender » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:14 pm

Why would you want Jarman he just cost Ironbank 40k for no result.
Cfl have lifted weekly salary cap to 4000 a week and 600 a week for best players but then it goes back to the original amount they first sought to implement , why can't they just leave it and let it sort it self out.
running defender
Rookie

Been liked: 14 times

Postby lovethefooty » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:58 am

running defender are you suggesting that jarman was paid $40 000 to coach ironbank this year?
surely not??!!
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby running defender » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:57 pm

I would say the past 2 yrs have cost close to that amount.
So why would Blackwood have him, Cam Hitchcock would be a better option, or bricknel
or even Thompson with their league experience .
running defender
Rookie

Postby lovethefooty » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:52 pm

or they could pick someone who has genuine coaching pedigree and not just pick a coach because he has played league football.

surely playing league football does not give any indication of someones ability to be a good coach???
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby running defender » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:53 pm

Yeh good call , we all get sucked in by the hype.
It will be an interesting of season new pres, new board members fingers crossed, new teams up and down, new coaches and new players
running defender
Rookie

Postby lovethefooty » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:07 pm

ok its time for tips for the weekend.

of course I think Hahndorf are going to be too strong for Torrens Valley. (but I may be a little biased)

what is everyone else thinking??
lovethefooty
Rookie

Postby WindyHill » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:47 pm

rock wrote:
WindyHill wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:
Sniper wrote:Well SportingPulse has Hahndorf straight into the GF so I'd suggest your on the money there. Sounds like the wheels are falling off in a few areas at Blackwood, especially with the committee snaking Salievic by searching for a new coach.

Yep I heard one of those coaches who had met with Blackwood was Jarman.

All this Jarman talk rubbish - would lose 90% of the playing group.
WindyHill
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby rock » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:08 pm

I don't think Jarman is the threat, I have heard a few names in the mix now.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:16 pm

So WindyHill, are you saying the playing group runs the footy club? Might be a good reason why Blackwood haven't won an A grade flag for well over 20 years. Salievic is a good bloke but Blackwood have gone backwards since he started back 2 years ago. You could say he deserves another year but it doesn't hurt to see what's out there either. Nonetheless I guess the playing group will make the right decision.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby chopper7 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:09 pm

Hahndorf by plenty today, well over 10 goal victory. TV looked very very ordinary, and if Matt Press (28) isn't the worst defender in the HFL I'll jump. Waste of space and couldn't for the life of me work out why Dale Eichner stuck with him on Hourigan today.
Will be a good game next week that's for sure.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Legs Man » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:21 pm

Wow - massive preliminary final coming up which could go either way
Reckon the winner will give Uraidla a real run for their money
Speaking of money - this season has seen TV undoubtedly break the record for the biggest waste of money in the history of HFL football.

Goes to show that prioritising your spend is crucial for success moving forward.
Last edited by Legs Man on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby carey » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:23 pm

rock wrote:I don't think Jarman is the threat, I have heard a few names in the mix now.

Eddie Hocking.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby backdoor » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:40 pm

Legs Man wrote:Wow - massive preliminary final coming up which could go either way
Speaking of money - this season has seen TV undoubtedly break the record for the biggest waste of money in the history of HFL football.
And they still have the prospect coming up of terrible facilities still and possibly being unable to field the required junior grades next year
Goes to show that prioritising your spend is crucial for success moving forward.
IMO - Onkas stay and TV go back to Div 2

I hear you guys are struggling to keep your juniors too and are in real danger of not having enough players in some junior teams. Did giving free subs work.... Possibly not.
backdoor
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Legs Man » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:07 pm

backdoor wrote:
Legs Man wrote:Wow - massive preliminary final coming up which could go either way
And they still have the prospect coming up of terrible facilities still and possibly being unable to field the required junior grades next year
IMO - Onkas stay and TV go back to Div 2

I hear you guys are struggling to keep your juniors too and are in real danger of not having enough players in some junior teams. Did giving free subs work.... Possibly not.

Should be OK with the 2 required junior grades in 2016
Free subs certainly helped and should have a knock on effect for next year
We even took our juniors to MELB - paid for by fundraising - so they could see a couple of AFL matches
Agree it is always a struggle for the smaller population clubs getting junior numbers and we are working hard to keep gaining more participants.
As a club we are continuing to build across all our grades while trying to keep our oval and facilities in the upper echelon of the HFL
Would be interesting to see how the visiting clubs from Saturday found the oval and general facilities e.g parking, catering, bar, viewing etc
One thing we need is an electronic scoreboard but we are working towards installing one
Feedback is good to receive as it gives us direction as to where we need to improve and focus our efforts
Last edited by Legs Man on Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy