Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:18 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Have heard similar.

Mallala under consideration too?

If that is the case then I guess there is no option than to accept Angle Vale, and to start approaching clubs like Smithfield etc

That isn't the case. I understand Two Wells has considered it as a possible direction if the APFL goes under. Most clubs would be considering where they would go in the unlikely event the APFL folds in the near future.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:21 am

I'm pretty sure this has been flogged before on here as to where everyone would go if it all went tits up, I don't think it's rocket surgery who'd go where.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby OnSong » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:22 am

FWIW, it is clear APFL president Brad Busch wants Angle Vale in but the feeling I get from more than enough current APFL clubs is they don't want to go that way.

If it was a Freeling or another country-based club with netball already in tow, the feeling changes however. Interesting times ahead.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:26 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm pretty sure this has been flogged before on here as to where everyone would go if it all went tits up, I don't think it's rocket surgery who'd go where.

It has, I guess with the potential of a change of league composition in recent times, clubs are formally considering their options again.
Last edited by OnSong on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:26 am

OnSong wrote:FWIW, it is clear APFL president Brad Busch wants Angle Vale in but the feeling I get from more than enough current APFL clubs is they don't want to go that way.

If it was a Freeling or another country-based club with netball already in tow, the feeling changes however. Interesting times ahead.

I would've thought it was along the lines of being more metropolitan than rural, I tend to agree with you though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:27 am

OnSong wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm pretty sure this has been flogged before on here as to where everyone would go if it all went tits up, I don't think it's rocket surgery who'd go where.

It has, I guess with the potential of a change of league composition in recent times, club's are formally considering their options again.

People don't like change, it's fractured at the moment but is repairable.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:29 am

Huge game tomorrow, forecast is good. As expected, very even between the top three this year.

Lee Allmond back in is a big plus for the Roosters but he might be short of a gallop in the warm weather.

Ned Seccafien's foot is a worry too. Hope he has come up alright.

Really like the way Mallala played last week, Two Wells will need the pressure barometer tipped right up.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:33 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
OnSong wrote:FWIW, it is clear APFL president Brad Busch wants Angle Vale in but the feeling I get from more than enough current APFL clubs is they don't want to go that way.

I would've thought it was along the lines of being more metropolitan than rural, I tend to agree with you though.

Yes, that too. But Virginia is a stone's throw away from Angle Vale, which makes me wonder what people think when they go to Virginia.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:31 am

OnSong wrote:Yes, that too. But Virginia is a stone's throw away from Angle Vale, which makes me wonder what people think when they go to Virginia.

Yeah, I do get you there, Virginia have been established in the APFL and are part of the furniture, Virginia is still broken away from the metro area whereas Angle Vale has pretty much met Munno Para West.

Even in the PDCA there is a significant different country feel when you play against Virginia compared to Angle Vale or other metro clubs.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

If that is the case then I guess there is no option than to accept Angle Vale, and to start approaching clubs like Smithfield etc

Lol
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:24 pm

Why would Mallala be looking elsewhere? Why are we even talking about this? Heresay and rumours from people who have no idea.
In the APFL, this year was no different to the majority of the last 10 years - Hamley were a basket case but they hung in there and are optimistic about next season and every other club was competitve in most grades. Both Two Wells and Mallala are in great positions both financially and performance wise in the APFL, so why would they want to make a move to another league and risk what they have.

The issue is, whether the APFL want to eliminate the bye - for whatever reason it seems they do and subsequently risk the integrity of the league. My message to AV would be, get your shit together and perform consistently (on and off the field) at a level that would consistently be competitive in the APFL (both netball and football) and come and see us in 5 years. A club can have good participation rates at different times, but the difference between a country club is that once you commit to a league there is no option but to fill four teams. Its not like the amateurs where, from what I understand, you can add and pull teams from year to year depending on numbers.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:05 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

Why would Mallala be looking elsewhere? Why are we even talking about this? Heresay and rumours from people who have no idea.
In the APFL, this year was no different to the majority of the last 10 years - Hamley were a basket case but they hung in there and are optimistic about next season and every other club was competitve in most grades. Both Two Wells and Mallala are in great positions both financially and performance wise in the APFL, so why would they want to make a move to another league and risk what they have.

The issue is, whether the APFL want to eliminate the bye - for whatever reason it seems they do and subsequently risk the integrity of the league. My message to AV would be, get your shit together and perform consistently (on and off the field) at a level that would consistently be competitive in the APFL (both netball and football) and come and see us in 5 years. A club can have good participation rates at different times, but the difference between a country club is that once you commit to a league there is no option but to fill four teams. Its not like the amateurs where, from what I understand, you can add and pull teams from year to year depending on numbers.

Be careful Donkey. You might get accused of being a negative nancy and not open to change like Im accused of occasionally. However I couldn't have written it better myself. :D

I get the impression that they will be let in reluctantly with some strong pressure from the board. IMO the only way they can be let in is if Netball comes with them immediately. We hear about how strong their junior numbers are, surely at least some of them have a sister or a mum that will play Netball?
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lame Choice » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:06 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

Bam! Sounds like you're all fired up and ready for tomorrow then Swamp ;)
Good luck across the grades to both - and good luck to whoever against the Rams week after, they are absolutely primed for the double.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:13 pm

Tips for the weekend:-

A Grade - Mallala by a comfortable 4 goals. I think on a warmish day, they will have too much height and firepower up forward and just kick too many goals. Two Wells get a majority of their goals from their mids who will run out of puff pushing up and back all day with the warm weather.

B Grade - This could go either way, but Mallala have the better top end players. Surprised that Bluey McMillan isn't playing A Grade as he has an X Factor about him and think he is more of a chance to be a match winner than Feeley. However, this is to the B Grade gain. Mallala by 5 goals

U/17 - Balaklava by 2 goals in a close one. A bit of pressure on Balak though with their older kids not wanting to play A Grade, but they will have too much class with the inclusion of Wehr.

U/14 - Balaklava by 6 goals. Too many older kids for Hamley who should be proud of themselves for reaching this far.

Bring the sunscreen, and for the blokes don't forget the dark glasses. There may just be a little bit to look at 8)
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Woofa » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:17 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

The probem being is that clubs that have there shit together generally arent looking to change leagues. It would be great to get RSMU, Freeling, Pasky? to join our league but the fact is they are all semi successful clubs competing well in their current leagues & not even thinking about it. Unfortunately the only clubs that may change leagues are ones that need too as a means of hopefully getting stronger etc. I agree with your doubts but the if the APFL wants to expand it may have to take a leap of faith......
Woofa
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:23 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:

I agree with all that you've said. AV is going to have to do a massive amount of work if it is to move. As an outsider, I'd have thought they'd have needed a bit more time to build up their own position, player-strength wise, plus getting netty on side. I think it was inevitable they were going to look to the Plains, given their location. It's just sooner than I thought they would.
My comment about Mallala was based on something I'd heard as pub talk and I wasn't painting it as fact (hence the question mark).
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby OnSong » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:25 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Tips for the weekend:-

A Grade - Mallala by a comfortable 4 goals. I think on a warmish day, they will have too much height and firepower up forward and just kick too many goals. Two Wells get a majority of their goals from their mids who will run out of puff pushing up and back all day with the warm weather.

B Grade - This could go either way, but Mallala have the better top end players. Surprised that Bluey McMillan isn't playing A Grade as he has an X Factor about him and think he is more of a chance to be a match winner than Feeley. However, this is to the B Grade gain. Mallala by 5 goals

U/17 - Balaklava by 2 goals in a close one. A bit of pressure on Balak though with their older kids not wanting to play A Grade, but they will have too much class with the inclusion of Wehr.

U/14 - Balaklava by 6 goals. Too many older kids for Hamley who should be proud of themselves for reaching this far.

Bring the sunscreen, and for the blokes don't forget the dark glasses. There may just be a little bit to look at 8)

For the record, it was just the one senior colt lad who didn't want to play A grade.
Selection committee decided later in the year to let the guys play their colts and not risk injury. No more pressure on them than what would come with a preliminary final.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:31 pm

OnSong wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Tips for the weekend:-

For the record, it was just the one senior colt lad who didn't want to play A grade.
Selection committee decided later in the year to let the guys play their colts and not risk injury. No more pressure on them than what would come with a preliminary final.

Yeah but the truth doesn't sound anywhere near as good as what was put on here about a month ago :lol:
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:37 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
I agree with all that you've said. AV is going to have to do a massive amount of work if it is to move. As an outsider, I'd have thought they'd have needed a bit more time to build up their own position, player-strength wise, plus getting netty on side. I think it was inevitable they were going to look to the Plains, given their location. It's just sooner than I thought they would.
My comment about Mallala was based on something I'd heard as pub talk and I wasn't painting it as fact (hence the question mark).

I'm more of the other way, I thought they were right on track to look to move out there a couple of years ago, they were a lot stronger all round back then.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby OnSong » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:28 pm

6.2 to 7.3 Two Wells up.

20 gone second term. Roosters more dominant but evenly poised still. Seccafien has two goals, seems restricted by ankle but playing pretty well
OnSong
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy