The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:30 pm

Oh, so bandwagons are good things now? Seems like they share that certain quality with farts in that they're only ever any good when they belong to you.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:31 pm

therisingblues wrote:Oh, so bandwagons are good things now? Seems like they share that certain quality with farts in that they're only ever any good when they belong to you.

I've never said they're a bad thing.
I've always said every side has them.
If you don't want a bandwagon, I hope you enjoy when you're team makes finals again and there's no-one there to support your team.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:40 pm

therisingblues wrote:Oh, so bandwagons are good things now? Seems like they share that certain quality with farts in that they're only ever any good when they belong to you.

Every team has them,

Without them grand final crowds would be minus 15k.

You might as well accept them because the SANFL needs them.

I love the Centrals Bandwagon!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:42 pm

Bandwagons are only bad if your team's not got one.
If your side hasn't got one, there's a reason.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:06 pm

I never said they were a good or bad thing. But I do like the smell of my own farts if that clears up my stance at all.
I don't think I'd be telling a lie to state that other supporters tend to have an infatuation with the size of the Sturt band wagon though. I guess I kind of admire the skill with which you've created a positive atmosphere to discuss the topic, and will seek to reproduce the same whenever we have cause to bring in more than the twenty odd pensioners sitting on their deck chairs, eating cucumber sandwiches in their tweed suits.
Good luck with that wagon boys. With that win over the imposers for the first time in more than a decade I wouldn't mind too much seeing the Dogs win it.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:06 pm

What was the crowd yesterday compared to recent years?

I remember 2006/2007 crowds of 22k+ turning up at AO to these double headers.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:12 pm

Dutchy wrote:What was the crowd yesterday compared to recent years?

I dare say that if you had a Norwood, Glenelg, Sturt, Central and North top five you'd get those types of crowds again.
I was amazed at the lack of Port supporters at last years grand final, but in a way that does represent some level of honesty on their part in that they'd sell the oval out to see the true Magpies play a grand final, but tend not to give a shit to see their reserves make a joke of the competition.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:20 pm

Without looking it up I reckon it was Glenelg/Sturt/Eagles/Central involved.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:21 pm

whufc wrote:

Every team has them,

Without them grand final crowds would be minus 15k.

You might as well accept them because the SANFL needs them.

I love the Centrals Bandwagon!!

Of course they do, anyone who doesn't admit it is kidding themselves.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Dutchy wrote:What was the crowd yesterday compared to recent years?

2008 Norwood v Sturt, Glenelg v Centrals.
Previous week about 15k for Port/Nwd and Centrals/Sturt, then 13k for Glenelg/Sturt prelim, then for some reason decided to play finals at Footy Park, and there was a recognisable drop-off for the minor finals.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:23 pm

I went to the game yesterday which was the only game I've been to all year.
Took the kids and a mate and had a few beers watching a good game of footy........Eagles V West.
Enjoyed the day out but there was no atmosphere at all at the game.........Zero/Zilch!
Adelaide Oval and a small crowd obviously contributed to this but just wondering if it is like this each week?

I got there as the Central v Port Reserves game was finishing and most of their supporters were all leaving.......doesn't anyone hang around to watch the double header these days?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby wild dog » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:02 pm

amber_fluid wrote:I went to the game yesterday which was the only game I've been to all year.
Took the kids and a mate and had a few beers watching a good game of footy........Eagles V West.
Enjoyed the day out but there was no atmosphere at all at the game.........Zero/Zilch!
Adelaide Oval and a small crowd obviously contributed to this but just wondering if it is like this each week?

I got there as the Central v Port Reserves game was finishing and most of their supporters were all leaving.......doesn't anyone hang around to watch the double header these days?

If it was a Saturday I probably would have watched at least the first half.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:08 pm

amber_fluid wrote:I went to the game yesterday which was the only game I've been to all year.

For me, I have little interest in other teams than Centrals, so being able to go home, catch the seconf half on the comforts of my lounge room rather than stay pay $9 a beer and over priced crap food.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:44 pm

PLAY THE FINALS AT SUBURBAN GROUNDS . HIGHEST TEAM GETS HOME FINAL . Surely its a better advertisement for the competition.
1 game Saturday / night 1 game Sunday. GF at Adelaide Oval.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:04 pm

whufc wrote:

For me, I have little interest in other teams than Centrals, so being able to go home, catch the seconf half on the comforts of my lounge room rather than stay pay $9 a beer and over priced crap food.

Yeah $9 is a rip off for a beer................I know how the catering contract works but surely they have to cater to the crowd......or lack of?
$10 for a bottle of water and a paddle pop for my 7 year old was just daylight robbery as well........neither of which had a price on them when she picked them up.

Surely the FINALS have to be played at suburban grounds after this years attendance?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:08 pm

Dutchy wrote:Without looking it up I reckon it was Glenelg/Sturt/Eagles/Central involved.

I think in one of those years , Port and Norwood were involved .

Regardless , it all depends on who is in. If t Glenelg , Norwood, Sturt , North and Centrals are in the 5 I reckon there would be bigger crowds.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:16 pm

My local country footy club has 20 free tickets for the Grand Final, if every club in the state has the same deal thats about 5000 free tickets.
If Centrals make it and they wernt available i would pay to go, but I wont need to do that now will I. How does that help the SANFL and its clubs?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:35 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
whufc wrote:

Yeah $9 is a rip off for a beer................I know how the catering contract works but surely they have to cater to the crowd......or lack of?
$10 for a bottle of water and a paddle pop for my 7 year old was just daylight robbery as well........neither of which had a price on them when she picked them up.

Surely the FINALS have to be played at suburban grounds after this years attendance?

Anyone who buys water at adelaide oval deserves to get ripped off. Go to the bars and they have free chilled filtered water on tap.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:53 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
whufc wrote:

Anyone who buys water at adelaide oval deserves to get ripped off. Go to the bars and they have free chilled filtered water on tap.

My 7 year old wanted water in a bottle as not to spill it everywhere.
Although I did refill it at the bar when I went and got a beer each time.
Either way $5 for bottle water is ridiculous!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:46 pm

Adelaide Oval is fine, North v Norwood there last Anzac Day was a better atmosphere than any game this year.
Just need to get rid of the AFL in the SANFL and move them back to their normal slots 2 weeks later which will add 5 to 10k to the crowd and its all good.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL